Things i dislike about george w bush

Saintsfan

I don't see how you can say the Iraqi citizens liked Saddam.  They were FORCED to act as though they liked Saddam or they would've been killed.  I guess when the statues came down, and all the murals and what not, the Iraqi people were dancing in the streets because they were... sad?

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keyoto is bad for the US itt punnishes US industry while allowing third world countries to polute.

Fact is the most polluted countries are places like India, not the US.

Secondly the US has enough enviormental regualtion all these left wing global warming alarmist have been proven worng time and time again.

THe US is not responsibly for world polution the ozone layer is not depleted by humans.

Any way Ozone is always being repalced by the sun.

and finally Keyoto is so bad even Bill Clinton refused to sign it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Okay maybe some of you will feel this isn't my place to say, but here are some of the things that get up my nose about your President. Agree/disagree I don't really care!!!!!!

1 This over obsession he has with the military

Here is a guy who took the easy way out of the Vietnam war, According to some went AWOL from military service, and there he is walking around in air force flying jackets, giving speeches in front of military crowds, generally spending as much time with the military as possible!!! get over it!!!

2 He is from Texas

Dunno why this bothers me but it does.

3 He is a nasty vengeful man

Why bother looking for a man who was behind a mindless act of terrorism when you can go fight a war against the guy my dad couldn't kill.

4 He cheated to win the 2000 election

This is what I believe. He did. Black people were denied the opportunity to vote on flimsy grounds and legally cast votes were not counted.

Things I Dislike About Tony Blair... (Sorry, couldn't resist :;): )

Could all the Democrats please stop whining because their beloved redneck from Tennessee got beated, not cheated, beated. If you hate it so much, that's why we vote every four years.

EDIT: Bush isn't obsessed with military just for the heck of it. He's helping to ensure that the world is a safer place to live in, and I think he's doing a pretty good job.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

2 The world is shades of grey. It just is. Ossama Bin Laden is a hero to people because they agree with some of what he has to say. Yes his actions are bad, but maybe its worth listening to his opinions and trying to understand them.

4 Before the whole vote count thing, black citizens of Florida were denied the right to vote, because they were mistakenly presumed to have felonies against there names. (This is information in the public domain). They were not 2 names on the Florida ballot paper, but 20 or so I believe. All recounts showed Bush won, because any recounts that would have favored Gore were declared illegal, and yes, if the means of voting was faulty then the ballots should have been interpreted as best as possible. It wasn't that people got confused, they were using out of date machinery.

And lets not forget that to win an election, George Bush had to go before the highest court in the land to ensure that votes WERE NOT counted. These were votes cast by people who had legally registered to vote, probably thought they had cast a legal vote, probably now do not know if they voted in the 2000 Presidential election or not.

I have no idea if Gore would have been a better President than Bush has been, that is an impossible judgement to make. BUT here is a thought, maybe September 11th happened in part because a Bush was back in the White House. One of the reasons Bin Laden is so anti-American is that during the First Gulf War US military were stationed in Holy areas of Saudi Arabia. Maybe he wanted extra revenge on Bush. Who knows. And when did Gore ever say he would want a peace summit with Bin Laden?? never.

Not signing up to Kyoto is one of the worst errors Bush has made in office. Not being able to commit the US to an act which may well improve the WORLDS environment, just to keeps his rich oil buddies happy sucks.

Saintsfan you

Hitler was a hero to Germans in 1939 that does not mean he was not evil. I dont care who sees who as a hero is they are evil you must take care of them.

ANd for you to say we shoudl listen to his opionons proves once and for all you seem completly clueless.

If you starting listening to terrorits you LEGITIZMIZE THEM, which means all they have to do is blow people up and they get heard.

You have to kick their ass, which means killing them or sending them into the hills where ever stone falling gives them a startle.

And I for one would not talk about occupation you Brits have oppressed the Irish in Northern Ireland for Centuries.

4. Tough!!!! Millions of people voted taht way no problem, if we are to guess what they vote lets not vote. The voting ballot itslef said the chad had to be compl;etly dislogged. The insturctions were CLEAR. All the rules were followed correctly and Bush won Florida.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Things I Dislike About Tony Blair... (Sorry, couldn't resist :;): )

Could all the Democrats please stop whining because their beloved redneck from Tennessee got beated, not cheated, beated. If you hate it so much, that's why we vote every four years.

EDIT: Bush isn't obsessed with military just for the heck of it. He's helping to ensure that the world is a safer place to live in, and I think he's doing a pretty good job.

There is allot to admire about Tony Blair, he is an upstanding gentleman who fills the great tradition of PM nicely.

He did the right thing supporting the US even though left wingers in his country, are ripping him.

Which takes guts bgecause Blair represent the left wing party in the UK. If he was a Torry (SP) it would have been easier but he is in the Labour Party and his won party is against the war.

Gutsy decision like that show why the UK is an improtnat US ally.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

If you starting listening to terrorits you LEGITIZMIZE THEM, which means all they have to do is blow people up and they get heard.

...but you have to wonder what initially compelled these people to produce terrorists?

Is it greed? Thirst for power? Plain old bloodlust? Or do they have a legitimate complaint that needs addressing?

I believe submitting to terrorist demands is the wrong way to go about things. But the fact that there are terrorists should give cause for concern and scrutiny of oneself.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

These Terroirst are religous fanatics they are rich Bin Laden is fillithy rich he is one of teh richest men in the world. There is no obression just there extreme view of religion where people who dont belive what they belive should die.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

These Terroirst are religous fanatics they are rich Bin Laden is fillithy rich he is one of teh richest men in the world. There is no obression just there extreme view of religion where people who dont belive what they belive should die.

Yeah, the whole "if you don't believe what I believe then die" thing seems to be the way they're going about it.   Can't really negoitiate with that unfortunately.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The day the Supreme Court "elected" Bush, I told my wife "we'll be in Iraq in six months." Bin Laden pushed the timing back a bit, but here we are.

It's entirely possible that things in Iraq will turn out well, but the way the Bush administration has handled Afghanistan leads me to believe that's not going to be the case. We went into Iraq before we finished the job in Afghanistan. We went into Iraq with (apparently) NO plan for what to do after we won.

The ONLY comparison I will make between Bush and Hitler is that both are on a clock. Bush knows, deep down, that he needs to get done whatever he's going to get done before the 2004 election. Even if he's not gone, he'll be a lame duck. Hitler believed he had to finish his "work" quickly, as "providence" had only given him a short time as Germany's leader.

I disagree with nearly everything Bush has done while in office, but until we can vote him out, we're stuck with him. He IS the president, and even if HE isn't worthy of respect, the office still is.

I have come to this conclusion: if we're going to have an alcoholic president, give me one who's still drinking, rather than one who substituted that addiction with becoming a stormtrooper for Christ.

:(

Ah  yes the familiar call of the right!! Scare everyone off by playing the tax card!!! Never mind that maybe the quality of service offered by poublic institutions may imorive, more poor people may find a way out of poverty etc etc. And I don't think you have to worry too much about Dean at the moment!! He seems to have blown himself out!!

So much else I could respond too, so little time. Hmm were to start. First of all I didn't mean you shjould physically sit down with terrorists and chat with them (not that that is such a bad thing, it has kind of worked in Ireland.) Just listen to them when they do speak, read what they have to say, try and understand why 12 people would volunteer to drive airplanes into buildings. I think the whole 'they are just religious nutcases' argument is too simple, and doesn't help anyone. Why are Palestinians commiting acts of terror everyday in Israel, not out of religious fundamentalism, but because they are being repressed by a terrible and evil administration in Israel. (Yes I did use the word evil.) To simply assume that people are 'brain washed' into taking action is just an excuse not to have to think about why they are doing it. I am not talking about negotiating with these people, I am just suggesting that if you are going to defeat them, you MUST understand why they do what they do. The whole lets just go bomb the hell out of them mentality WILL NOT WORK. It cannot work, this 'War' on terrorism will have no end until America understands that these people do not like them for some reason.

And one last comment from me on the 2000 presidential election and its fall out etc etc. Imagine the reaction of the US if these events had taken place in some small latin American country- The result of the election for President comes down to one crucial state. It is a knife edge vote, with contested ballot papers. One candidates brother is the Governor of this state, and his official in charge of the election controls the contest in such a way as to advantage the governors brother (hello Katherine Harris, are you enjoying being a congresswoman??) The contest results in legal battles reaching to the highest court in the land. Amongst the judges are friends of the Vice Presidential candidate and the presidential candidates father. In a supposedly non-partisan court, the judges divide along 'party' lines. The current vice president has to admit defeat, despite winning the popular vote by a larger margin than some others who became President (Hey there Jack Kennedy!) (NBow there was a stolen election!!) My guess is US troops would be in there within days!

Anyway, I don't like Bush, and no-one os gonna convince me to hold any other opinion. In my opinion he has had a far easier ride from the press than Bill Clinton got (liberal media, dont make me laugh!!!!!) Without really deserving it.

And if you want a things I don't like about Tony Blair thread then I can manage that too!!!!! (1 He took his country into a war no-one wanted, 2- his government has forced universoty students to pay for there own education, despite the fact that he and they all got there's free... I could continue, but I shall spare you that!!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Definately have to side with Saintsfan on this one...well said and well put.

In regards to terrorism I couldn't agree with you more.  Its very easy to dehumanize the people who are doing it and blame it on a "backwards" religion that hates everyone who isn't them.  Several of the highjackers on September 11th were well educated and from upper middle class families, they do not strike me as people who would kill themselves (not to mention the 3,000 + others) for religion alone.  Nore do I think they would do what they did for greed or jealousy alone...what we are looking at is a much more deeply rooted issue.  Somehow the Bush administration has convinced most Americans that the problem can go away if we just throw enough money (and human lives) at the problem.  But this is the equivilent of taking pain killers to cure a brain tumor...its not going to make things better...if anything it will continue to get worse!

On the issue of religious extremists...when are we going to take a nice long look in the mirror?!?  This week Georgia banned the teaching of evolution in its public schools...which is a purely religious move by the state.  Not to mention there was the incident a few months ago in which a monument of the 10 Comandments had to be removed forcebly by the federal government...amdist the protest of hundreds.  Add to that the fact that Bush is employing fellow "born again" evangelicals to campaign for him...on top of the countless "evil doer" speaches...and what do you have?  Thats right...a conservative religious extreme-ist military state!!!  

For those of you in Canada I STRONGLY recomend reading a book by Canadian sociologist Micheal Adams called "Fire and Ice: The United States, Canada and the Myth of Converging Ideaologies". http://erg.environics.net/fire_ice/

The book outlines how, contrary to popular belief, the personal beliefs of Americans and Canadians are becomming more and more opposed.  Adams talks about how Canada, like much of western Europe, has been progressing in a liberal "modern" direction.  In contrast the US has been experiencing an almost complete reverse trend.  They give a stark example: in 1980 30% of Canadians responded positively to the statement "a man is master of the home" during that same time 40% of Americans agreed to the same statement.  In 2000 20% percent of Canadians agreed while 50% of Americans agreed to the same statement!  Even more shocking is when the statistics are broken down to a regional level.  New England, the west coast and portions of the east coast actually responded more like Canadians than Americans...however the results from the rest of the US were so extreme that they pulled the entire average in the opposite direction!!!  Adams warns that there is an increasingly hightened sence of enclavism within the US that has the potential to rip the country apart.  Ultimately the liberal are becomming more liberal and the conservative more conservative...and the longer this continues the harder it will be to communicate between the two groups.  Given the current administration...and the direction in which things seem to be going...I can't help but ask:

"Can we join up with you guys?

The liberal want to give everything away they have never seen a tax dont like a program they couldnt expand. It has to stop and Bush is not perfect but he is the best we got.

Only 1 democrat candiate is good enough to even be considered voting for and he dont have a chance, since most Dems think Lieberman is too conservative.

If Dean or Kerry wins he will make us slaves to the UN< raise taxes, and destroy industry.

Clark is a Clinton puppet and I dont think he believes what he is being told to say since he trips over himself allot.

Edwards seems to be too much of a Politican

Sharpton GOD FORBID!!!!!!!!

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Only 1 democrat candiate is good enough to even be considered voting for and he dont have a chance, since most Dems think Lieberman is too conservative.

If Dean or Kerry wins he will make us slaves to the UN< raise taxes, and destroy industry.

Clark is a Clinton puppet and I dont think he believes what he is being told to say since he trips over himself allot.

Edwards seems to be too much of a Politican

Just to put my voice into the democratic race, as I seen it as my obligation to educate all you guys in the whys and wherefores of US politics :D  :P (Yep I am joking!!) Dean doesn't stand a hope in hell now, as soon as he comes close to challenging someone will whip out the 'I have a scream' clips again. And if a Democrat doesn't then Bush will in September.

Lieberman is a good man sure, but he has no hope of getting the nomination and the logic of giving it to him is a bit off key- lets put our most Bush-like candidate up against Bush, why would you do that? People will just vote for the real thing.

Edwards is one of the most engaging politicians from anywhere I have seen in a long time, very charismatic. Not sure he has the gravitas to pull off the number one spot on the ticket at the moment though!!

Clark will fall down on lack of political experience unfortunately. Another good man for whom the time hasn't quite been right.

Kerry has gravitas, political experience but is short of massive charisma. Strong front runner good campaigner, and as a Vietnam vet the perfect kind of guy to show Bush as the military phiney he really is.

My prediction, and my hope is that the Democrats will nominate Kerry for Prez and Edwards for VP.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

...And we were getting along so nice Saintsfan.

While I agree with your stance on terrorism, Bush and the Florida elections I have to disagree with your analysis of the candidates.

Dean:  Yes his campaign has faltered, and I'm not sure what his chances are now, HOWEVER as far as the "scream" speach is concerned ABC has acknowledged that the recording was misleading and publicly apologized for making such a big deal out of it.  This was followed by MSNBC and Fox News making similar comments.  Aparently the recording was taken from Dean's personal mike which filtered out a vast majority of the audiences cheering.  When listing to another recording form within the audience it is aparent that Dean was screaming to be heard over the crowd...and cheering with his supporters.   Granted...the damage is pretty much done...but I don't think anyone should stick a fork in him just yet.

Lieberman: As the only Democratic candidate to openly support the war, I strongly question his ability to attract democratic followers (hence his very low standings) not to mention his ability to win over Bush.  In addition to his politics Lieberman has also made many vicious and unwarented attacks on other Democrats (and not just the ones he's running against) which indicate to me that this is a man fighting for his political life.

Edwards:  I think he's taking the "just smile and don't really say anything aproach" I can tell you what the guy looks like, I know he's from South Carolina, but I'd be hard pressed to tell you anything about his platform or what kind of leader he is...I really can't say anything about him because he hasn't really done anything for me to say anything about...and I'm not sure if thats a good thing.

Clark:  I really have to question his position in all of this sometimes.  This is someone with no real political experience who comes out of nowhere to run for president.  Some of the issues he stands on are solid...but his record is a bit shady.  He's been found to be in support of the School for the Americas (and American terrorist acadamy) and other "less desirable" military institutions.  All told it seems really hard to figure out what his motivations are...a prime reason why he hasn't taken off nearly as well as expected.

Kerry: To be perfectly honest...this guy scares me, for several reasons.  First off is his popularity...one minute he's a punchline to a joke and the next he's considered "the best chance to beat George Bush"...but what confuses me is that I haven't seen or heard anything from him that convinces me off this "fact"...and yet it is being accepted by the majority of people as such.  The second scary thing about Kerry is his voting record.  Not only did he vote for the second war in Iraq, he voted AGAINST the first war in Iraq...top that off with a voting record that voted with the GOP 78% of the time (including no child left behind and the 87 billion "rebuilding" fund).  So could someone explain to me how he is supposed to win against Bush?  It certainly isn't going to be his good looks...and he really can't take the moral high ground on ANY of the major issues facing this election.  Scarey!

Predictions:  The Democratic party will piss away a nomination on Karry...resulting in a land slide victory by Bush.  The next four years will see the debt become even larger, with the likely adition of more countries to the "axis of evil" roster.  Taxes will continue to be cut, much to the delight of the wealthy...while government services will wither and die.  Corporations will continue to grow unchecked as the middle class shrinks even further.  Jobs will become increasingly scarce as mega-corporations will move more and more labor over seas in order to cut costs and offer cheaper goods.  The American economy will be reduced to Wal-Mart and other "mcjobs" as these are the only viable American industries.  Hospitals, Universities and other formerly public institutions will become more and more the domain of the wealthy as government assistance will have disapeared.  Meanwhile we can assure the salvation of our souls as the Christian Right will have ensured that the "terrors" of abortion, gay rights, and evolution are outlawed...in the name of moral purity.  

We will be handing out cyanide shortly

Abortion is Murder if it outlawed I for one will rejoice.

Even if you are pro choice you have to admit late term abortions are bad. I say unless the Mother is going to die there should be NO Abortions at all after the first 4 Months.

And how do you know Evolutions is fact. The problem with Evolution in schools is its taught as fact. If its taught as theory it would be fine, but since Religon is outlawed in schools Evolution has no balance.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Archived