Alabama High School Football Uniforms

footballfiji

With the regular season of the AHSAA wrapping up and the playoffs beginning next week, I thought I'd post some of the more interesting designs I've come across:

St. Paul's Saints. These are last year's unis. I'm told the Thick black stripe on the helmet is used to designate seniors.

stpaulsOLD.jpg

Spanish Fort Toros. Just love the nickname.

spanishfort2.jpg

The Homewood Patriots. New school Pats with Old School Colors.

semi6.jpg

Tuscaloosa County Wildcats. Using the Minnesota Twins logo:

qtr7.jpg

Murphy Panthers. With a TON of yellow. The away uniforms are exactly the same just without Blue.

Murphy.jpg

Huffman Vikings Old Uniforms. Playing off the Minnesota Vikings

huffman.jpg

The current Huffman Uniforms. Note the helmet logo. Huffman (alma mater of Ruben Studdard) is a predominately black school in Birmingham. So the Viking, He's black.

HUFFMAN_PELL_CITY_5.jpg

Foley Lions. Old BYU Helmet style with "modern piping"

Foley.jpg

Buckhorn Bucks with a pretty nifty helmet.

bu5.jpg

bu6.jpg

Opelika Bulldogs with a take off of the Georgia Bulldogs.

bilsde.jpg

The Parker Thundering Herd. A Ton of Purple and to be fair the helmet is not a take off of the Buffalo Bills. It's a take off of Howard University (which Parker's principal is from)

Carver_vs_Parker_5.jpg

And some oddities. Here's a helmet that needs to be replaced or get a new paint job:

carroll.jpg

Check out the paneling on the Cottage Hill uniforms (in blue)

cottagehill.jpg

Pelham (in white) needs some new glue on the decals:

pelham_thompson15.jpg

and finally the Edgewood Wildcats who just took the Packers "G" and flipped it to make and "e"

bildffe.jpg

A lot of NFL rip-offs, especially that last one. That's an "e"? I guess I was privileged to have my school have an original logo.

Who's the opponent in the fourth-to-last pic? That looks like it could be interesting. I like the name Sidney Lanier Poets, and I love the name and helmets for the Buckhorn Bucks. Spanish Fort Toros get an honorable mention for team nickname.

this isn't an Alabama high school, rather a NorCal high school, but Mt Diablo high in Concord CA (the "Red Devils") has some pretty cool helmets

mtdiablo.jpg

oh yeah, a certain filthy beast member of this community probably recognizes the other team in this pic :D

Hey it's the College Park Falcons

A lot of NFL rip-offs, especially that last one. That's an "e"? I guess I was privileged to have my school have an original logo.

Who's the opponent in the fourth-to-last pic? That looks like it could be interesting. I like the name Sidney Lanier Poets, and I love the name and helmets for the Buckhorn Bucks. Spanish Fort Toros get an honorable mention for team nickname.

I'm not sure who the team in white is (I think it's J.O. Johnson) but in the black and green is John Carrol Catholic High School out of Birmingham.

Those Bucks and Devils helmets are f'ing sweet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow, that Edgewood hat is just lazy.

Buckhorn and the Toro's are pretty cool and that Homewood Pats uni looks like a nice near mix of NE Pats old and new.

Got any of Prattville? My mom was born and raised there.

FsQiF2W.png

the first thing I noticed about the Homewood Pats helmet was the logo. Usually, the helmet version of the flying Elvis is used by "Patriots" teams:

NE_898.gif

I do find it kinda odd that they used the wordmark Elvis...heh, maybe they wanted to be a lil different from all the other Patriots

NE_895.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

and finally the Edgewood Wildcats who just took the Packers "G" and flipped it to make and "e"

bildffe.jpg

That's terrible. I'd rather see high schools use the same exact logo with the same colors than try to change it up so it looks different. But the Bucks and Red Devils helmets are really cool.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

bildffe.jpg

That's terrible. I'd rather see high schools use the same exact logo with the same colors than try to change it up so it looks different. But the Bucks and Red Devils helmets are really cool.

If the school was going to rip off the Packers logo with an "e" than why didn't they just take off an "E" from the Edmonton Eskimos' logo?

Archived