THe Show Me Bowl

axl007

I was asked to make this for a small local magazine. These are the teams playing for each class (1-6) in Missouri. The helmets aren't too bad, but we have better ones. There are only two plain helmets though. Didn't do the championship logo, just the helmets.

ASHOW.png

CLHEL2.png

axl007,

Great work - I was just browsing MoSport.rivals tonight.

Belton is a bit of a surprise to me - after seeing Ft. Osage play, I'd bet money on them but Belton thumped them last week.

A lot of KC area teams in the finals. Five.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Thanks, I appreciate that, but there's always room for improvement--I don't care who you are. When I look at these all I see is that Lee's Summit West helmet that is all jacked up. I modified it from a Tennessee Titans helmet I did and never had time to fix (logo is too high, bad angle).

Yeah, I don't get the Rockhurst helmet being so plain---they are a class 6 school, which means that they have some money to spend.

CLHEL2.png

Rockhurst is a private school as well, which means they have even that MUCH more money to spend...Not only are their helmets plain, but so are their uniforms.....A couple of years ago, they played Evangel (LA) and lost to them by only 1 point....Rockhurst is arguably one of the best, if not the best football program in Missouri...

My picks for the Show-Me Bowl games...

Class 1 - Orrick

Class 2 - Lawson

Class 3 - Harrisonville

Class 4 - LSW

Class 5 - Belton

Class 6 - Rockhurst

A small tidbit about LSW....They were a brand new school, opening in 2004...They have made the playoffs every year, but this is their first championship appearance...

Axl, great work as always...I like the logo a lot...

Btw, for those not familiar with Missouri HS football, the graphics above are arranged with Class 1 to Class 3 on the left, top to bottom...Class 4 to Class 6 are on the right, top to bottom....

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Wow, I really like the Show Me Bowl logo this year, a lot better that years' past. Really nice job on the helmets as well.

I hope Rockhurst loses, I hate them, bunch of cocky :censored: ers. So I'll be rooting for Mehlville.

BTW, Rockhurst has blue hawklet pride stickers that usually cover up the entire helmet, kinda like in the Ohio State fashion, and it seemed like every time we played them at least one of their players had his stickers arranged on some weird way. I think last year one player had his stickers arranged in the shape of a rainbow.

Also, for the record, I broke the Belton QB's leg at a football camp last year, haha.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Wisconsin has Division 1, 2, 3, etc. (I believe it runs all the way to 7). After hearing how every other state (apparently) uses A, AA, AAA, AAAA, etc. it's refreshing to see a state that uses actual numbers (well.. roman numerals in this case, but close enough).

Also, for the record, I broke the Belton QB's leg at a football camp last year, haha.

Sounds like some personal s**t to me... what'd he do to you?

Wisconsin has Division 1, 2, 3, etc. (I believe it runs all the way to 7). After hearing how every other state (apparently) uses A, AA, AAA, AAAA, etc. it's refreshing to see a state that uses actual numbers (well.. roman numerals in this case, but close enough).

Sounds like some personal s**t to me... what'd he do to you?

Nah, nothing personal, just tackled him awkwardly.

I dunno, but does Missouri use A, AA, etc. any more. I thought they just use the numbers, like Class 1, 2, 3 etc. Not too sure though.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

My picks for the Show-Me Bowl games...

Class 1 - Orrick

Class 2 - Lawson

Class 3 - Harrisonville

Class 4 - LSW

Class 5 - Belton

Class 6 - Rockhurst

I agree with Mike K - however, I do thing that Parkway Central, Waynesville and Blair Oaks have the best chance to beat the teams in their Class. Lawson Cardinals are just awesome this year!

FYI - Rockhurst awards stickers for 'performance' - so usually there are "blue Hawklets" all over thier helmet - kinda like Ohio State does with their players.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Darn....I was 3 minutes away from picking all 6 winners...Oh well...Congrats to all the Missouri State Champions....

Winners:

Class 1: Orrick (won 20-8)

Class 2: Lawson (won 38-17)

Class 3: Harrisonville (won 49-14)

Class 4: LSW (won 35-0)

Class 5: Waynesville (scored 14 points in last 3 minutes to win 17-7)

Class 6: Rockhurst (won 28-9)

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Axl,

Yeah, it was K State...Apparently is also a good baseball player and is supposedly gonna be drafted in baseball...We'll see what happens with him...

Camden...

Parkway West went 5-5 on the season and didn't even make it out of district play (1-2 in districts)...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Archived