Dallas Cowboys in throwbacks vs. Packers?

cranium

I didn't see a thread on this started, so forgive if someone has beaten me to the punch . . .

While watching NFL Gameday on the NFL network last night they showed the cowboys practicing in their pseudo-throwbacks (white helmets w/blue star, etc.). They interviewed Romo after the practice about playing Green Bay and he had the throwback helmet sitting in his locker behind him. As I recall, didn't the teams like to practice in their throwbacks to get them broken in before the games? So, it seems likely that the 'boys will be in throwbacks Thurs. vs. the Pack. Oh, for the Pack to reciprocate.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

So true. I'm with you on the "go back to the Lombardi unis, or go to something different" bandwagon (can 2 people be considered a bandwagon, though?)

If the 'boys really wanted to do a throwback, they could play the game in the Cotton Bowl.

Yea, I know the place is a dump, but so is Texas Stadium at this point.

dallas in throwbacks, green bay in white.

green bay 32, Dallas 10.

I'd love to believe that to be the case, but I just can't see a blowout.

Shame we couldn't wear our white throwbacks - so much better than the modern ones.

What do those consist of? Are the pants white as well?

I hate when they wear yellow pants and helmets with white jerseys...looks way to yellow for me.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Packers having some plain green pants to wear with the white jersey. Maybe with the Lombardi "GB" at the hip.

It'll never happen though. Packers fans are the biggest traditionalists in all of pro football... they'd raise hell.

green bay 32, Dallas 10.

Shame we couldn't wear our white throwbacks - so much better than the modern ones.

As a fan of the throwbacks apparently, care to elaborate why you like the older ones better? What is much different from the striped socks and the gray mask? I'm just curious because I hear this argument a lot from Packer fans (and I'm an avid advocate of not returning to a gray mask when gray isn't your color).

KISSwall09.jpg

Green pants? Bad experiment in the 1950s, they'll never go back.

I hate the stripes on our road jerseys - the most recent throwbacks are so much better.

photo11.jpg

That should be our road jersey.

As much as I hate the Packers, that is niiiiiiiice.

What they wore against the Lions again the previous few years was nice aswell.

favre_green_112201.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

green bay 32, Dallas 10.

favre is the mvp.

Coast. I've seen your repeated rips at your alleged favorite team and ...I don't get it. Post after post it's "Dallas has played nobody", "so and so will kill us", etc. etc.

I think even Cowboy-haters would call you crazy at this point. Dallas is 10-1 for the first time ever. EVER. Aikman, Emmitt and Irvin never pulled that off. Do I think that team would beat the current Cowboys...probably, but that's not the point. It's a different NFL now. Just enjoy the ride.

Your "loser" team:

-has put up 30+ points (avg) through 11 games.

-were leading the Super Bowl favorite Patriots (rightfully) deep into the third quarter.

-creamed the defending NFC champion Bears in Chicago.

-played teams that were pre-season projected to be playoff bound (Rams, Giants & Jets).

-has gained defensive health slowly, and sacks and/or pressures QBs like I haven't seen in a decade.

Again, relax and enjoy.

-RM17

newsig.jpg

green bay 32, Dallas 10.

favre is the mvp.

Coast. I've seen your repeated rips at your alleged favorite team and ...I don't get it. Post after post it's "Dallas has played nobody", "so and so will kill us", etc. etc.

I think even Cowboy-haters would call you crazy at this point. Dallas is 10-1 for the first time ever. EVER. Aikman, Emmitt and Irvin never pulled that off. Do I think that team would beat the current Cowboys...probably, but that's not the point. It's a different NFL now. Just enjoy the ride.

Your "loser" team:

-has put up 30+ points (avg) through 11 games.

-were leading the Super Bowl favorite Patriots (rightfully) deep into the third quarter.

-creamed the defending NFC champion Bears in Chicago.

-played teams that were pre-season projected to be playoff bound (Rams, Giants & Jets).

-has gained defensive health slowly, and sacks and/or pressures QBs like I haven't seen in a decade.

Again, relax and enjoy.

-RM17

Nah just trying to keep from being a homer, though no where near my home and clear across the country.

yes it is impressive. i'm just not convinced yet. if they go and demolish the packers, then i'll be convinced. so far most of our competition has been weak ie the bears which was inferior competition and the only legitimate team we have played is the patriots. did well but lost our ass in the 4th.

Rams, Giants, Jets - the rams and jets couldn't beat the Southlake-Carrol Dragons or Hawaii Warriors but the giants actually played us tough. thats a team i'd worry about if we draw them in the playoffs.

now if we demolish the pack, then demolish everyone in the playoffs, including the pack in the NFC championship, then the patriots in the super bowl. then its nonstop rounds of blue koo-ade until i'm blue in the face. don't get me wrong, i think its awsome what we are doing and no other team including morton, staubach, aikman have ever got us this far. I want them to punctuate it with a super bowl win. i don't want to see another one and out in the playoffs like the chargers did last year while going what 14-2. I expect nothing short of a super bowl. anything else is unacceptable, there should be no reason they can't make it and win it.

RM17, come to think of it, i'm probably not getting enough blue kool-ade. :D

as for repeatidly ripping teams i am fans of, i'm far worse with the islanders than i am with the boys. Don't bother with the brew since i know what to expect from them.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

green bay 32, Dallas 10.

As a fan of the throwbacks apparently, care to elaborate why you like the older ones better? What is much different from the striped socks and the gray mask? I'm just curious because I hear this argument a lot from Packer fans (and I'm an avid advocate of not returning to a gray mask when gray isn't your color).

Not Gothamite but I'll chime in because I also like the throwback Packers uniform better - here are my reasons:

1. The stripe pattern - the throwbacks have 5 stripes with no spacing; the modern uniforms have 3 stripes with spacing

2. The collar is a narrow green/yellow/green; the current one is green/white/yellow/white/green (matches the stripes) and is very large.

3. The green is a bit deeper/darker than the current green

4. The yellow (athletic gold, whatever) is a bit darker than the current metallic version, and the helmets don't have a "pearl" finish like the current helmets

5. I also prefer the green jersey that goes with this set - it has a plain green collar and a more complex stripe pattern

I wouldn't go so far as using the gray facemasks. To my way of thinking, if the Packers went throwback full-time they should also go to the durene sleeves with woven-in stripes like the Steelers and the Browns (and this year's Redskins throwback).

To my way of thinking, if the Packers went throwback full-time they should also go to the durene sleeves with woven-in stripes like the Steelers and the Browns (and this year's Redskins throwback).

Even if we stay with the modern overly-busy uniforms, I hope we do this.

For an NFL team to still be using screen-printing in 2007 is embarrassing.

Green pants? Bad experiment in the 1950s, they'll never go back.

I hate the stripes on our road jerseys - the most recent throwbacks are so much better.

photo11.jpg

That should be our road jersey.

As much as I hate the Packers, that is niiiiiiiice.

What they wore against the Lions again the previous few years was nice aswell.

favre_green_112201.jpg

Really? :blink:

I hate the yellow pants...but TAN, thats not much of an improvement in my book. Not to mention the fact that there isn't a helmet decal. As much as I absolutely loathe the Packers...I will admit that they have very distinctive helmets.

Archived