Midwest League ASG Logo

Krona

An explanation of the elements in the logo:

The Great Lakes Loons have unveiled the logo for the 2008 Midwest League All-Star Game, which will be held June 17 at Dow Diamond in Midland, MI. The new logo prominently features a blazing fire, highlighting some of the most unique features of Dow Diamond. The ballpark features two fireplaces -- one on the main concourse behind home plate and one on the suite lobby -- and two fire pits located near the outfield lawn seating areas. Behind the flames is a diamond-shaped brick design. Brick was the key material used in the construction of Dow Diamond, evident in the ballpark?s structure. The stadium?s warning track is also made from crushed brick from Dow Chemical?s 47 Building, which once stood at Dow Diamond?s current site and housed Dow?s first corporate headquarters. The logo was created by Plan B Branding

This logo, I am assuming, was butchered by the client, hopefully not by PlanB. I think the execution is a little weird at best.

If the bevelling treatment was a less contrasting color it would be better, a nice darker shade of the glow-in-the-dark color they used. The fire looks too much like an Atlanta Olympic games logo to me, the stars from the flames idea. I dislike the gradient in the fire as well, but I am sure that wasn't PlanB... The brick in the background is average because it just blends in but I can't say I dislike it.

The overall shape of the sideways diamond in the back is of course in homage to Dow Chemicals logo.

Could have been better, would have liked to have seen some sort of baseball tie in...

Archived