Baseball in Ottawa

spartacat_12

so i was just looking at pics of the stadium in ottawa

and apparently the stands look out at the large glass building behing the right field wall

and it happens to be headquarters of the mounties

so it would seem fiiting if they could incorporate that into their name

mounties,horesman,force, something

Yeah, a buddy of mine works there. He has a great view for afternoon games and is kinda pissed that his whole division is moving to a whole other part of the city next year.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and apparently the stands look out at the large glass building behing the right field wall

There's also a Canadian Tire behind the left field wall. Maybe they could use that for a name.

There's also a Canadian Tire behind the left field wall. Maybe they could use that for a name.

The Ottawa Tires?

Hi, how are you?

I seem to remember seeing the Canadian Tire by the rightfield side of the stadium

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• 2 weeks later...

maybe this is bump-worthy, maybe not...but i just got this email from the team regarding the Name The Team contest, which might clear up why the name wasn't announced yet.

"Thank you very much for submitting your entry/entries to the ?Name The Team? contest for Ottawa?s new Can-Am League ball club. We had an excellent response with over 1,100 entries and have been going over these names, discussing them and trying to see which would work best for the team. We were originally scheduled to announce the name in early January, but we will now be releasing the name in February. There were some great entries and it has been fun trying to finalize one name. As explained in the contest rules, each person who has entered a name/names will receive two free tickets to the Sunday afternoon game on May 25, 2008. Once the tickets are ready for pick up at the stadium, we will contact you. We hope you will attend many more games this season. The Can-Am League plays an exciting brand of baseball and we need you here. Professional baseball can be a long-time feature of the Ottawa sports scene with your support. Again, thanks for your entry/entries and we look forward to seeing you at the stadium this season. Please don?t hesitate to give us your ides on how we can improve your experience at the ballpark. We are all anticipating a great summer of baseball here in Ottawa.

Sincerely,

Miles Wolff

Commissioner

Can-Am League"

maybe this is bump-worthy, maybe not...but i just got this email from the team regarding the Name The Team contest, which might clear up why the name wasn't announced yet.

"Thank you very much for submitting your entry/entries to the ?Name The Team? contest for Ottawa?s new Can-Am League ball club. We had an excellent response with over 1,100 entries and have been going over these names, discussing them and trying to see which would work best for the team. We were originally scheduled to announce the name in early January, but we will now be releasing the name in February. There were some great entries and it has been fun trying to finalize one name. As explained in the contest rules, each person who has entered a name/names will receive two free tickets to the Sunday afternoon game on May 25, 2008. Once the tickets are ready for pick up at the stadium, we will contact you. We hope you will attend many more games this season. The Can-Am League plays an exciting brand of baseball and we need you here. Professional baseball can be a long-time feature of the Ottawa sports scene with your support. Again, thanks for your entry/entries and we look forward to seeing you at the stadium this season. Please don?t hesitate to give us your ides on how we can improve your experience at the ballpark. We are all anticipating a great summer of baseball here in Ottawa.

Sincerely,

Miles Wolff

Commissioner

Can-Am League"

I got the same e-mail too.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend a game in Ottawa, because, well... I live in Chicago.

i live in washington

trying to talk the wife into flying to ny (maybe visit niagra falls)

then driving into ottawa

(that way we dont have to buy passports)

and what to do with the 2 kids

well maybe if my name is choosen we will go, otherwise i doubt it

unless she lets me go alone(doubtful too)

i have to figure there will be a lot of empty seats that day (out of town submitters)

i live in washington

trying to talk the wife into flying to ny (maybe visit niagra falls)

then driving into ottawa

(that way we dont have to buy passports)

The cost of gas to drive to ottawa from niagara falls (6 hour drive) would be higher than the cost of 2 passports.

Driving from Syracuse might be better

Just sayin'.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived