Jaguars Font Logos

Badge Man

I think the team is using both (like the Jaguars).

Agree that the old one is better - the stencil is such a Packers ripoff.

Can we confirm who used stenciling in the endzone first? I'm just curious, because its such a distinct look that it would be easy to say one team copied it from another....although I'm not sure who did it first.

The Vikes, The Pack, or The 'Niners?

Didn't the 'Niners use a stencil font in their endzone for almost 20 years? (though I think the first two used it longer)

The Jaguars could use a new wordmark (and woodmark) that's actually just horizontal. The Jaguars and Panthers' scripts look like such mid-'90s artifacts now, for good reason. I just wouldn't want the new ones to be of the BengalBroncoCardinalSeahawkTexan notch-serif variety that's so in vogue.

While we're on the wordmark topic, can anyone clear up the deal with the Vikings wordmarks? I was under the impression that they'd returned to the "Norse" script since 2004, when they started using that in the endzones, but I still see the old Braggadocio script pop up from time to time, like on Monday Night Football this week. Are both wordmarks still in play, or was this just yet another production error from the minds that brought us Peoria, Indiana? (For the record, the new/old Norse version is miles ahead. It suits the Vikings much better than just stencil-style.)

I really don't think the Vikings are using the stencil anymore, as far as I know. It's just other places not knowing/caring to change their graphics. It has gotten MUCH better since they overhauled the unis last year, but you still see the stencil from time to time, and i HATE it. I have always hated that font with a passion.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Oh, they're still using it as a secondary mark:

d_1566.jpg

This from their online store. They sell much more stuff with the old wordmark, but obviously haven't completely abandoned the stencil.

As to who adopted a stencil first, I really don't know. I have traced the Packers' stencil wordmark back to the early 1970s - it could go farther back than that, but I highly doubt it was in use when Lombardi was in charge.

I think the team is using both (like the Jaguars).

Agree that the old one is better - the stencil is such a Packers ripoff.

The Vikings' stencil wordmark is no longer used (officially, anyway):

MinnesotaVikings_STG_01.jpg

Interesting. I understand all the tchochkes, but you don't usually see outdated t-shirts in online shops.

Still, that's welcome news.

EDIT: just noticed that they have two different wordmarks there. It's more than just an optical illustion caused by the background, which is what I initially thought - check out the "g"s. They're clearly not the same on the dark backgrounds as they are on the white.

Interesting. I understand all the tchochkes, but you don't usually see outdated t-shirts in online shops.

Still, that's welcome news.

EDIT: just noticed that they have two different wordmarks there. It's more than just an optical illustion caused by the background, which is what I initially thought - check out the "g"s. They're clearly not the same on the dark backgrounds as they are on the white.

Wow - you're right. Hadn't noticed that before.

I wonder what the reason is for that?

EDIT: Most of the letters are different. Just weird.

Thanks!

That's odd - they're still using the old one?

And how many logo variations does one team need? That's out of control.

Agreed completely. No reason to have so many different variations in a sports logo package. Just dilutes the whole thing, or some of them just never get used - either way, a complete waste.

The V's are different, too.

That's CRAZY.

OOOoooo that's gonna bug me.

I can't stand when teams OFFICIALLY have two logos that are so close but different.

It's bad enough when it's like my Cardinals who have a slightly different T in their STL logo on their caps from their official STL logo used everywhere else (including the batting helmets). But at least you know that the use of the weird T is isolated because it's not an official logo (although just about all hats--fan or authentic feature the different T).

But things like the Yankees NY's and scripts and now this Vikings thing.

AH! Drives me crazy.

Archived