Jaguars Font Logos

Badge Man

Do the Jaguars still use this font logo?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=609

Or is this their font logo?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=610

I think they might be called watermarks or woodmarks, not sure. I got the Jaguars jersey in the Burger King mini jersey giveaway and they use this http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=609 on the base of the cardboard player cut out. I also see it alot elsewhere. The 2nd font logo I only see in their endzones.

They're wordmarks - watermarks are the faint logos that you put over a copyrighted image, and I'm not sure what a woodmark is.

It's my understanding that the original "swoop" wordmark has been abandoned, but considering that the NFL doesn't feature wordmarks the way that MLB does, it wouldn't surprise me that licensors might use an old one.

They're wordmarks - watermarks are the faint logos that you put over a copyrighted image, and I'm not sure what a woodmark is.

It's my understanding that the original "swoop" wordmark has been abandoned, but considering that the NFL doesn't feature wordmarks the way that MLB does, it wouldn't surprise me that licensors might use an old one.

Thanks. That's what I meant, "wordmarks". I misspelled it.

I guess I just don't really understand the process, but why would a team bother to design and produce a uniform element if it never sees the light of day? Did Jack Del Rio or somebody see these pants and hate them enough to make sure they're never worn? Couldn't they show him or get approval from everyone on the team before they go and make it an official part of their uniform? I mean, have a vote and if everyone hates them, then you can go ahead and not bother. Are these pants and the Browns' brown pants sitting in a dark room in boxes somewhere collecting dust?

I have no idea what happens with the unused uniform elements...it would be interesting to find out if these things are ever produced, or what.

Ironically, these Teal pants aren't the only design they've had...they had another design that they never used as well:

JacksonvilleJaguars_TealPantsCompare_TEX.gif

yes they are called wordmarks and the Jags actually will request their primary logo be used instead of the wordmark when designs call for a wordmark. They are many teams in sports who have logos / colors that are part of their identities and are not used. The Patriots for example like very little red to be used in their stuff, as well as the seahawks and their green.

The Jaguars have worn teal jerseys with black pants, right? I feel like they haven't done it lately, but earlier in the decade it seems like they did it a lot. While I think the Jaguars look terrific in all black, I'm also partial to the teal over black combo. I'd like to see that again.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

How do you know the teal pants are official?

Because that image was taken directly from the Official NFL Style Guide.

How do I get the NFL Style Guide (probaly a noob question) I've always wondered if they had one.

Just send a PM to PANTONE and he'll send you any style guide and vector graphic you need.

*please do not actually do that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How do you know the teal pants are official?

Because that image was taken directly from the Official NFL Style Guide.

How do I get the NFL Style Guide (probaly a noob question) I've always wondered if they had one.

Just send a PM to PANTONE and he'll send you any style guide and vector graphic you need.

*please do not actually do that.

I've done that thousand of times, and he never will. :cry:

:P

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The Jaguars have worn teal jerseys with black pants, right? I feel like they haven't done it lately, but earlier in the decade it seems like they did it a lot. While I think the Jaguars look terrific in all black, I'm also partial to the teal over black combo. I'd like to see that again.

That's a newer thing I'm pretty sure they've only done unde rDel Rio, but I agree it looks totally badass and is their best uni by far. I wish that'd become their regular home.

Well lets update , the Teal pants are for real and why they are not used I have no idea . They got the teal pants the same year they started wearing the black pants and black Alts in 02 , but in all of that time they have not even seen the light of day even drew hampton doesn't even talk about them so all I can guess is they were part of TC's idea and never had the chance to use them and Jack has no care to even try them .

When TC was here he was always all - white home and away for the first month at least then would wear teal top with white pants at home , and the good ole white on white which was around for years until Jack got here then he changed it all up we didn't see the road uni's for a while . The white on white was gone for a while I think until this season or maybe last . But as a rule they way it's done now the first 2 home games are white on white and it's white on black on the road like always then it gets to teal on white at home and white on black on the road , with one game of all black . the last couple of years at home the early part of the season was Teal on White then later in the year Teal on Black but so far this season the Jaguars have not wore Teal on Black , but still have one game left . But there is alot of talk that the they are taking the black away for the home pants and no more Black 3rd uni , the Black pants will only be worn for road games .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

The Jaguars could use a new wordmark (and woodmark) that's actually just horizontal. The Jaguars and Panthers' scripts look like such mid-'90s artifacts now, for good reason. I just wouldn't want the new ones to be of the BengalBroncoCardinalSeahawkTexan notch-serif variety that's so in vogue.

While we're on the wordmark topic, can anyone clear up the deal with the Vikings wordmarks? I was under the impression that they'd returned to the "Norse" script since 2004, when they started using that in the endzones, but I still see the old Braggadocio script pop up from time to time, like on Monday Night Football this week. Are both wordmarks still in play, or was this just yet another production error from the minds that brought us Peoria, Indiana? (For the record, the new/old Norse version is miles ahead. It suits the Vikings much better than just stencil-style.)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived