Sun Bowl

SteveR

You start off by saying, "At least Oregon didn't go with the electric yellow jerseys."

But they went with the next-most-disappointing option -- all black with green helmets.

To tell the truth, you'd like to see Oregon look more like USF does.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Know what I don't get? The field has two logos at each of the 25 yard lines for their sponsor Brut and one for "40 years on CBS Sports". One faces the camera side, the other one faces the other sideline. Why have two of the logos face away from the camera? So the 10,000 people on that side can read it correctly? How about the million and half or so watching on tv at home. I'd rather have those folks read it correctly than those in the stands. The people in the stands will see it once, go "ahh, Brut, sponsor, got ya" and thats it really. Even if its upside down they can figure it out with the logo plastered on walls, midfield, etc.

But every time action goes around those logos on tv the camera zooms in and the viewer repeatedly identifies those logos, thats the real value there, not the people in the stands seeing it. People in the stands certainly help the product, but in the end the stadium is nothing more than a TV studio for bowl games.

On another note, lots of shades and green and gold going on in this crowd.

Actually the reverse logos is a bit of a throwback. I actually like the way it looks
It's nice to see game officials do something -- as small as this might be -- that caters to the paying customers in the venue instead of being obsessed with how it looks on TV.

Heck, the game wasn't even in HD.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Well, my avatar tells you what I thought was the most important thing about the game ( :D:D:D ), but.... Did anyone else notice that the Sun Bowl is acquiring an interesting history of sponsors?

Brut used to be All That as a fragrance (cue Joe Namath commercial), and now you hardly ever hear about it. Let's see ... what was the previous sponsor? ... Oh, yes ... Vitalis.

By 2010, here it comes: The Brylcreem Sun Bowl. Or the Sun Bowl, brought to you by Dippity Doo.

Helen of Troy is the parent company and will probably change out to a diffferent brand after the '09 game.

Taking a look at what Helen of Troy has with their line of products, I just hope that they stick with Brut. I just can't see the Epil-Stop Sun Bowl from happening. For those who are lazy to find out what other products Helen of Troy distributes here's the list.

Brut

Vitalis

Final Net

Visage Náturel

Dazey

Caruso

Karina

DCNL

Nandi

Epil-Stop

Isobel

Ammens

Condition 3-in-1

Skin Milk

Time Block

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

For the past two years I've sat here and wondered why people couldn't see what would be so logical. Here you have the Brut Sun Bowl and yet one day before you had the Petro Sun Independence Bowl. Why don't they switch sponsors so it'd be the Brut Independence Bowl and the Petro Sun Bowl? Or is that too logical? Just throwing it out there.

For the past two years I've sat here and wondered why people couldn't see what would be so logical. Here you have the Brut Sun Bowl and yet one day before you had the Petro Sun Independence Bowl. Why don't they switch sponsors so it'd be the Brut Independence Bowl and the Petro Sun Bowl? Or is that too logical? Just throwing it out there.

Take into consideration that Brut is owned by Helen of Troy and it is headquartered here in El Paso, while Petro did get it's start in El Paso it was bought out by TA Truckstops. Right now Helen of Troy is the strongest local sponsor. I still miss when Wells Fargo hosted the Sun Bowl.

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

Archived