Dallas Stars concept logo

josh_cat_eyes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they are the Stars. Perhaps make a constellation in the shape of a D. I know that is what they were trying with the Alt logo. But they forced it. I think a simple D would work well.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Another Update, This better? I think connecting it on the top fixed it for me.

7321116346435734573457.png

73211163464357.png

Now it just doesn't look like it's "shooting"

No motion here whatsoever.

Instead of a D, you might want to possibly try an S.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

This is a tough one cause at first it looked like it was "shooting" but not as much like a D and now it looks more like a D but not like its "shooting". An S would but good cause it has lots of movement. I was just going to say that teams dont usaully use letters like that unless they are representing the city ie Calgary/Atlanta, New Jersey, Washington, Boston but their is quite a few exceptions ie Vancouver, Anaheim, Colorado, and Boston (the B could go either way). I think I may try an S. Is there any way that I could "fix" the D though?

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Hm...

What you could possibly do, is bring in the "|" part of the "D" and make it a little more curved to the right...

OR

make it a lowercase D, that would present A LOT more oppurtunities.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I would do a lower case but it wouldn't be very professional. I have an 'S' tho. I just did it up pretty quick but I like it. I think it would look better as a ful script that said stars myself but I just have this for now.

stars-1.png

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

stars3.png

Great Job, I love that wordmark.

My favorite one so far is your second update, this is a logo that completely new and fresh, nice job!

I wouldn't mind doing a concept with one of these logos.

GO STARS!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

How about separating the D and the star? For example, have you every seen footage, real or fake, of an object entering the earth's atmosphere and the burn around it? You could use the star traveling from left to right to create the burn (the "D"). You could even use this opportunity to return to the North Stars yellow for the D. I am having a hard time explaining what makes alot of sense in my head so sorry if it is confusing.

As for the wordmark, I would be interested to see how it would look with the star at the top of the second S.

BCBannersSig.png

How about separating the D and the star? For example, have you every seen footage, real or fake, of an object entering the earth's atmosphere and the burn around it? You could use the star traveling from left to right to create the burn (the "D"). You could even use this opportunity to return to the North Stars yellow for the D. I am having a hard time explaining what makes alot of sense in my head so sorry if it is confusing.

As for the wordmark, I would be interested to see how it would look with the star at the top of the second S.

My brother, who is into grafitti, mentioned the same thing to me yesturday. I am not at home right now but when I get home I will try to separtate the star and the trail(burn). I will also try to make the star a bit bigger. Question though...should I take the little star out of the middle and just add a bigger star or should I keep the type of star thats there now (small star with an outline) and just make that intire thing bigger? Also what "D" should I do it on, orginal/1st update/2nd update?

Archived