Pacers Throwback Uniforms

MisterE

Which jersey set are we looking at? I don't see the pictures up there anymore on the site.

I thought the Pacers had yellow homes and blue roads in the early 80's, with a plain looking "Indiana" across the front, roughly 81-85, Clark Kellogg era. Then were the "PACERS" in horizontal stripes which were Chuck Person era, roughly 86-90?

What teams were there with alternate jerseys before the 90's? The lime green/blue/white Hawks are all I can think of.

The uniforms in question are in the third picture down on the page below:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/pacers_uniforms_history.html

Which jersey set are we looking at? I don't see the pictures up there anymore on the site.

I thought the Pacers had yellow homes and blue roads in the early 80's, with a plain looking "Indiana" across the front, roughly 81-85, Clark Kellogg era. Then were the "PACERS" in horizontal stripes which were Chuck Person era, roughly 86-90?

What teams were there with alternate jerseys before the 90's? The lime green/blue/white Hawks are all I can think of.

The uniforms in question are in the third picture down on the page below:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/pacers_uniforms_history.html

Thanks. I was going to question whether the white version of those existed at all, I'm sure the yellows existed. The whites do almost ring a bell though - and seeing that Pantone made the original post, I will defer!

I'm not sure that the Pacers had a 3rd... IIRC, the yellow was used at home with blue on the road, but I'm sure they wore white at home for at least one season before switching to the horizontal stripe for the 85-86 season.

I loved the pinstripe days. That team was a lot of fun to watch play, even though they peaked as soon as the damn Lakers began running wild. I think the flojo was...odd, and the new uniforms are too plain, but the pinstripes were no doubt one of the best in the league during that time.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm not sure that the Pacers had a 3rd... IIRC, the yellow was used at home with blue on the road, but I'm sure they wore white at home for at least one season before switching to the horizontal stripe for the 85-86 season.

Yes they did - they wore all three (White, Blue, Yellow). I'll try to prove it...I may need to hit up my contact in the Pacers' front office to do it though...

^_^

I personally LOVED the Track-suit 1990's ones and I also LOVED the pistripe days. It's a shame the darn Lakers had to win all the time then - Indiana would ahve a ring in those sweet pinstriped duds by now. IDK what it is, but I just loved those track suits, too. Maybe it was the flow of it or something. The pinstripes looked crisp and clean and the track suits looked fun and fast. Maybe that's why I liked the both of them.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

kellogg_330_1984.jpg

Are the numbers actually outlined in yellow on the yellow jersey, or is that a trick of the light?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived