Pacers Throwback Uniforms

MisterE

On the Pacers' homepage, the second picture on the "slideshow" features what looks to be a uniform from the early eighties only with modern day spectators in the background. The seats are also green, meaning they have to be from Conseco. The story the image is linked has no references to throwback jerseys anywhere. I can't recall the Pacers wearing these uniforms for throwback nights at all. Is there anybody who has any information on these?

http://www.nba.com/pacers/

I'm not sure that they've worn those as throwbacks. I think that the Pacers sell a number of throwback jerseys - that doesn't mean the team has brought them back, I guess.

One interesting note about those particular unis (worn in the '80s) - they wore White at home, Blue on the road, and had an alt Yellow version as well. One of the early alt uniforms.

One interesting note about those particular unis (worn in the '80s) - they wore White at home, Blue on the road, and had an alt Yellow version as well. One of the early alt uniforms.

*scratches head* I don't remember a yellow jersey from that era. *shrug* Perhaps it was worn only once or twice a la Mavericks Hefty Steel Sak.

*scratches head* I don't remember a yellow jersey from that era. *shrug* Perhaps it was worn only once or twice a la Mavericks Hefty Steel Sak.

I've got pics somewhere...they were alt home jerseys, but had "INDIANA" on the front. Basically, they were the roads with the Blue and Yellow swapped out.

And, they definitely wore them more than a few times.

Well, I dug into the Pacers' archives and found that this was some sort of mascot that was supposed to be a defrosted caveman from the eighties. Why they put that picture with those articles, I have no clue. The webmasters must have been bored.

Mods, feel free to kill this thread. ^_^

Considering how their current mascots scare small children, I could see why they made this attempt.

Might as well scare the entire family. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, I dug into the Pacers' archives and found that this was some sort of mascot that was supposed to be a defrosted caveman from the eighties. Why they put that picture with those articles, I have no clue. The webmasters must have been bored.

Considering how their current mascots scare small children, I could see why they made this attempt.

Jamaal Tinsley?

act_jamaal_tinsley.jpg

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Its funny...I find Navy and yellow to be a perfect and easy color set to work with. Yet I've never seen one, not ONE Pacers uniform set that has ever made go "Hey, thats really nice!"

They've all been Meh at best. What the hell is going on with that organization? Can't they get their siht together?

I'll disagree with you, powersurge, on one set--the pinstripes were absolute beauties in my book.

Y'know, I'm usually totally against pinstripes in sports outside of baseball. I do have to admit some teams pulled it off pretty well. The Magic did it well during the Shaq/Hardaway days and the Bulls black alt was nice. I just thought that the Pacers put too much on their pinstriped uniform. They had side panels and an awful font that ruined them for me. If they could take what they wear today, add pinstripes and somehow keep it simple I probably would like it.

I'll disagree with you, powersurge, on one set--the pinstripes were absolute beauties in my book.

As a hardcore-Pacers fan since the ABA days, I'll say that those were my least favorite Pacers uniforms ever.

And, they were designed by freakin' Old Navy to boot.

^_^

Jamaal Tinsley?

act_jamaal_tinsley.jpg

Oooooo! Nice one, Koizim!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

As a hardcore-Pacers fan since the ABA days, I'll say that those were my least favorite Pacers uniforms ever.

And, they were designed by freakin' Old Navy to boot.

^_^

I never knew you were a Pacers fan, PANTONE. I'm a Pacers fan myself.

I agree that the pinstripe uniforms were the ugliest the team ever wore. My favorite set would have to be the Reggie Miller rookie uniforms from the late eighties, no matter how absurdly dated they look. Their current uniforms however, are probably some of the best they've had in 20 years.

Which jersey set are we looking at? I don't see the pictures up there anymore on the site.

I thought the Pacers had yellow homes and blue roads in the early 80's, with a plain looking "Indiana" across the front, roughly 81-85, Clark Kellogg era. Then were the "PACERS" in horizontal stripes which were Chuck Person era, roughly 86-90?

What teams were there with alternate jerseys before the 90's? The lime green/blue/white Hawks are all I can think of.

Archived