2008 NFL Hall of Famers

rams80

Sumimasen if there is another thread buried deep in the section....

But the entrants are...Fred Dean, Darrell Green, Art Monk, Emmitt Thomas, Andre Tippett, and Gary Zimmerman.

Congrats to all, shame about Ray Guy, good to see Monk finally get in.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Aside from DC United, the last championship in the Washington area came from the 1991 Redskins team - which featured Art Monk and Darrell Green. Not only two great football players, but two great people. I'm very happy for them both.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

It's about darn time Art Monk got his due. Ive been waiting for a few years now to see him get in. Thaks goodness. Darrell Green will be a great addition as well.

I'm very dissapointed Derrick Thomas got denied again. He was a great player who had to leave us tragically. I hope they get him in next year. Thay had better do it.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

No real complaints about any of the choices. The only questions I'd have would be with Dean and Tippett but if I had a vote I'd probably say yes on both of them. It's about time Art Monk got in. I am thrilled to see Emmitt Thomas make it too. I remember him well from his playing days. Darrell Green was a no-brainer. Gary Zimmerman was a good choice too.

Sorry to see Ray Guy got screwed again. Yes he was a punter but the question isn't what position he played. The question is simply was he truly great at that position? The answer is unequivocally yes. That's all that should matter.

BB52Big.jpg

Ray Guy should be in. He revolutionized his position. It doesn't matter if he was a punter, kicker, long snapper, whatever. If you dominate your position and change the way it's played for future generations, you should be in.

I am happy for Tippett. I was kind of surprised he was voted in, because as good as we has on the team, it's not like he absolutely dominated the league at that position. He definitely held up with his contemporaries, but I don't think he had that much of a lasting effect on the game.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Congrats to Art and Darrell, 2 great men joining the club. About damn time for Art, 8 years on the ballot!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived