NFC South

jimboqb12

Okay so techinically you would have thought I'd choose to do maybe another AFC division but I had all the teams for the NFC South created so I thought I'd do them. In honesty I've already posted three of them on this board but I do have a fresh concept in the division also!

Atlanta Falcons

So this concept involved some gold in the wrong places and a lot of debate over the helmet but here it is again.

FalconsUniform-3.jpg

Carolina Panthers

This uniform had the benefit of having the Tar Heels Blue but also had other faults

PanthersUniform-1.jpg

New Orleans Saints

Sorry, I know this concept may seem stolen. I did an original of it with a more yellow, origianl gold look but reverted to this one which another artist has create so apologies again!

SaintsUniform.jpg

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This concept I found really hard. I wanted to go back to a more traditional design but I wanted to respect most Bucs fan wish to stay away from anything linking them back to the orange and red jerseys! So I managed to find a mix using the Pewter as a substitute for the white and the black and orange the red and the orange jerseys remaining red in light of the relative success the bucs have had in this colour!

*Update*

I've added the orange alternate to the Buccaneers.

TampaBayBuccaneers-1.jpg

Wow, you are great at these, but I am one of the Bucs fans who loves the orange creamsicle colors.

I'd love to see an alternate like that.

If I had a vote I'd go for the orange full time.

Speaking as a Bucs fan who can tolerate the orange once in a great while, I'd like 1 of 2 things to happen:

1. Wear a creamsicle throwback once a season on the last home game of the year.

2. Create a throwback inspired alternate, using the new scheme but having the orange dominant, similar to what Sand Diego has done with powder blue this season.

Honestly, these don't seem all that inspired to me. I mean, you have practically the same jersey for Atlanta and Tampa Bay. Plus the Saints jersey is just a re-creation of the throwback. The Panthers one is interesting, but the side piping down the jersey in no way matches the pant stripes. Other things that should have been further developed include: a new wordmark for the Falcons because it doesn't match the throwback style of jersey you've presented, a new Panthers wordmark because it is pretty outdated, and some more original pant designs.

I think that all of these are GREAT concepts! The Saints set is DEFINITELY my favorite as I am a Saints fan. I LOVE the change in the hue of blue you used for the Panthers too. I think it is a much more professional looking uni. And the Tampa Bay orange jersey is along the lines of the new Chargers powder blues..a modernized throwback.

gYH2mW9.png

I have to disagree. I think they work really well. It's only jackasses like Chris Hovan that ruin the sleeve stripes. They look beautiful on the Packers, Steelers, Browns and the Bills and the time the Dolphins and Colts have worn them theyv looked fantastic.

They just don't look that good when every team has the same stripes. Not even all the Cincinnati Bengals have the same stripes, so why do the Falcons and Bucs? Plus, like I mentioned, is the Saints one a concept, or just a re-creation?

On their own, not bad. But together, they look templated. Way too similar, and that detracts from the look. As was said, they look very uninspired.

Also, I know you've gotten some ups for that Tampa alt, but I'm sorry -- it's awful. The colors don't mesh at all, and frankly that shade resembles the one seen in an involuntary protein spill.

philly.png

Archived