Toronto Blue Jays concept

mantleisthebest7

Hey y'all!

I've always been wondering about the Jays' current set, and why they ever went to Black and Blue instead of keeping those sweet colors and logos. I came across a great font called Bicycle, and for some reason, the Blue Jays popped into my head. The modernization alert went off in my head and I took the 1992-1993 look and decided to put some modern touches on it. I also have a special attachment to this look, because the Blue Jays were my personal first world series winner, for I was born in 1992 when the Jays won it all fopr the first time, and obviously the first of two straight titles. So I've always been very fond of this look for that reason. I changed the shades of blue a bit, darkening the primary blue and making the light blue more of a tealish blue color. Well, enough of me blabbing. Let me know what you think!

l_c672463e46071dc9a7574adb033934cc.png

l_025ec45c9b3c61cb5f154c9bf433bc60.png

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I really like it. I always thought that logo was more of a baseball type logo than what they had now. The new colors look really good aswell. It still looks a little dated but in baseball I think that it fits better if it looks dated. Although sometimes its not good (ie dimondbacks) but most of the time it fits alot better. Great Job.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

It looks good. You used the old Blue Jays style that I think are the best jerseys ever and made them look modern.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

I really am not feeling the logo. There is too much going on. Two blues, grey, white and red are too much. First off, loose all the red, including the maple leaf and the baseball. Secondly, loose the logo under the wordmark. Finally, fix the wordmark. It looks awkward.

I really am not feeling the logo. There is too much going on. Two blues, grey, white and red are too much. First off, loose all the red, including the maple leaf and the baseball. Secondly, loose the logo under the wordmark. Finally, fix the wordmark. It looks awkward.

Nah...DEFINITELY keep the ball and maple leaf.

gYH2mW9.png

I hear what your saying, but I'll tell you, arching letters is EXTEMELY hard using Microsoft Word, which is all I can use at the moment. That was the best I could get it.

Second, as stated before, this logo is a modernization of the inagural logo. I can't just throw stuff away like you suggested. In order to complete the look, it's all gotta stay. Thanks for the suggestions, but this is stuff that I really can't do.

Thanks for the comments y'all! Any more comments?

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Second, as stated before, this logo is a modernization of the inagural logo. I can't just throw stuff away like you suggested. In order to complete the look, it's all gotta stay. Thanks for the suggestions, but this is stuff that I really can't do.

No, I'm pretty sure you can. You added grey, didn't you? You took away the wordmark on the logo, didn't you? Or is there a limit on what you can and cannot do when modernizing a logo that I don't know about?

I would agree with bigben in getting rid of the ball. It may look good and have lots of history behind it, but makes to logo look too 80/90-ish. Move the logo to the sleeve on the uniforms and use just the two toned blue hat on the alts/bp uniforms.

Other than that I really like it. The colors remind me of the Hamburg Sea Devils, which I always loved their look, so nice job.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

No, I'm pretty sure you can. You added grey, didn't you? You took away the wordmark on the logo, didn't you? Or is there a limit on what you can and cannot do when modernizing a logo that I don't know about?

I wasnt attacking you, if that's what you're getting at. Thats not the case at all. I was just saying that in order to keep it's ideal look I cant change that. and about the wordmark, I actually just replaced it with the other font. It's actually more or less based on this:

1410.gif

I added grey to make more of a modern shadow, kind of like how they did it with the 1997 edition of the logo.

Sorry if you thought I was mad, I'm really not.

And for Kewp, I get what your saying. With you and Bigben's comments, I may try a little something like that, just to see how it goes and I may post it soon. I'll keep you guys posted.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Archived