NYY alt. jersey

GuitarPunk2512

this is my first attempt at a concept, it is done poorly and it was done on paint so im sorry for the bad quality, also dont mind the back, pants, or hat ..its just filler...im just focusing on the front of th jersey.

as we all know the yankkes only have 2 jerseys. they're so old and boring, i though why not have an alt. jersey. i would like your opinions on it and if anybody could make it look more prfessional im fine by it and stuff, i only want credit it the yankees take the design and give money to the person who did it lol.

NYYalternative.jpg

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Did he cite paint as an excuse? This thread could get interesting.

I'm just not in favor of the idea. First of all, I don't like hockey crest-style baseball jerseys. Except the Blue Jays throwback. That thing's awesome. But, even with that, it needs to be a pullover, and this isn't. Also, the Yankees lack and alt jersey because 1. alt jerseys are silly unless they're well done throwbacks, or really well done originals. 2. the pinstripes are perfect. The Yankees set is in the top 3 in baseball (Boston, Detroit[/blatant but somewhat legitimate an agree-with-able homerism]), and among the top 10 in sports, IMO. So, an alt just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Unless someone can do one with a really good alt logo.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

im sorry it was done really badly, like i said , it was my first time, im only 16, and i was in a rush. i have no skills what so -every in designing jerseys, but its been on my mind for awhile and just wanted to get it out there. Idn if i put more time into it and had more skills, would it look better but idn, thanks for th constuctive crtitism.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

im sorry it was done really badly, like i said , it was my first time, im only 16, and i was in a rush. i have no skills what so -every in designing jerseys, but its been on my mind for awhile and just wanted to get it out there. Idn if i put more time into it and had more skills, would it look better but idn, thanks for th constuctive crtitism.

why post a concept that is "done really badly" and in a rush? take some time to improve your skills and do this well, then post it - if you're not proud of your work, why should anyone else be?

jldesigns404eo.png

realistically this would be very hard, though not impossible, to reproduce in twill on the front of lots of jerseys. i guess you could screen print on twill and then sew it on, which wouldn't be too hard, but to me this just wouldn't be realistic. i am staying away from every other issue.

Well, we all gotta start somewhere.

Not gonna post on the concept that much since, well, it's bad. However, if I hadn't deleted my first concept I would whip it out right here and show you all how bad I started. I said the exact same things you did: did it in Paint so it sucks, rushed it, have no skills, etc.

You can either do what I did, get new programs (I would suggest downloading Paint.NET for free, google it), don't rush your work and develope some skills at this kind of stuff; or you can become the next patsox. Your choice.

Just don't say because you have MS Paint that you can't create great work, and don't say you ever rushed your work again or else everyone will jump on you once again. :)

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

You'll learn pretty quickly that there are some uniforms that shouldn't be messed with, no matter how well you render the concepts.

The Yankees' uniforms are definitely among them.

Lurk a little bit longer before you do any more concepts.

You can't say that! You can mess with ANY uniform you want; although some have more history and tradition and are more classic-looking, and those won't be received will by some people. But there is no rule whatsoever saying you can't make Yankees concepts.

Execution factors aside, it's the idea that you're trying to convey that's the problem. Simply the Yankees primary logo (minus the baseball), thrown on the center of a plain white jersey, with navy/white/navy striping down the side of the pants is simply not a good idea. And that you can't blame on MS Paint.

That seems to be the problem around here a lot. Someone comes up with something totally ridiculous, posts it knowing it's not good, and immediately blames their program, or lack there of, for their lack of creativity.

The program only has an effect on the execution of the concept, not the creativity of it. If you can't create your idea/concept how you envision it, with the software you have, don't post some half-@$$ piece of you know what, and say you couldn't do it because you have this and not that. Wait until you have the program you want, or you'll just have to not post it. It's not the exact thing you want to show, anyway, so what's the difference in just not posting anything? Other than to pad your post total and make yourself look good by creating many topics.

This is a sportslogos forum, people. We're all lame-@$$ losers for having spent so much time here, anyway. Why make it worse? :D

This is a sportslogos forum, people. We're all lame-@$$ losers for having spent so much time here, anyway. Why make it worse? :D

You just killed my self esteem for the day...maybe the typography forum I go to can pick me up :P

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Archived