CCSLC Logo Correction Thread

rmackman

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shouldn't this thread read- An easy way for Chris Creamer to snare other site's graphics without giving credit?

I was actually thinking the same thing. I don't think that you should be posting images from other logo sites. Besides, a lot of those are really low quality.

Here are some logo's that either need to be replaced or do not exist on the site at all. NOTE: all of these came from official logo sheets and not other logo websites.

ATLANTA THRASHERS

Picture1-9.png

Picture2-8.png

COLORADO AVALANCHE

Picture4-5.png

Picture5-4.png

Shouldn't this thread read- An easy way for Chris Creamer to snare other site's graphics without giving credit?

I was actually thinking the same thing. I don't think that you should be posting images from other logo sites. Besides, a lot of those are really low quality.

Its not like they made them. If he had to give credit to everything on the site it would take a lot of time out of his life. Plus I was just posting them cause they are not here...cause isn't that what this thread is for? Doesn't mean everything on the thread goes on the site...

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Its not like they made them. If he had to give credit to everything on the site it would take a lot of time out of his life. Plus I was just posting them cause they are not here...cause isn't that what this thread is for? Doesn't mean everything on the thread goes on the site...

Yes, but how do we know those teams even used some of these logos? I believe the "correction" intent was to correct any false information on the thread, or maybe put up a logo or two that was officially used by the team...not to loot logoserver.com for every image they have to post here.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Cleveland Barons alt logo is so incredibly amateurish. Even if it isn't on Chris' site, I wouldn't assume other website offerings are correct just because it is posted.

This thread has strayed so far off course, we need a do-over.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The Cleveland Barons alt logo is so incredibly amateurish. Even if it isn't on Chris' site, I wouldn't assume other website offerings are correct just because it is posted.

I have the official logo sheet from the designers website. It is acually there.

http://www.terrysmithcreations.com/ > Desgin > Logos > 24 of 37

He also designed the all the sharks logos including the Worcester Sharks.(although the new NHL sharks logos are not on his site, he helped the team reveal the new jerseys and it was anounced that he was the designer)

BTW here is some more logos:

Cleveland Barons

cleveland_barons_2002.png

Worcester Sharks

Shield-logo-tickets.png

ECHL 20th

echl.png

Hamilton Bulldogs 10th

news_logo_blue.jpg

Bakersfield Condors 10th

bakersfield10.png

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

He also designed the all the sharks logos including the Worcester Sharks.(although the new NHL sharks logos are not on his site, he helped the team reveal the new jerseys and it was anounced that he was the designer)

Just because the logos are on the designers site doesn't make them official. Even though they were designed for the team doesn't mean that the team ever used them. If you look at the sharks logos on his site there is a logo that is almost identical to the Baron's primary logo. I could be completely wrong but I don't believe the sharks actually ever used that logo. His website doesn't contain official logo sheets but rather just his portfolio. If you look at the Dayton dragons logos in his portfolio you can see that the colors are way different then what is actually used. Just pointing this out. On a side note, I do believe in this certain instance that the Cleveland Barons did use that secondary logo that Josh posted.

Just because the logos are on the designers site doesn't make them official. Even though they were designed for the team doesn't mean that the team ever used them. If you look at the sharks logos on his site there is a logo that is almost identical to the Baron's primary logo. I could be completely wrong but I don't believe the sharks actually ever used that logo. His website doesn't contain official logo sheets but rather just his portfolio. If you look at the Dayton dragons logos in his portfolio you can see that the colors are way different then what is actually used. Just pointing this out. On a side note, I do believe in this certain instance that the Cleveland Barons did use that secondary logo that Josh posted.

Yeah now that I think about it, I see your point. On the other hand though, you cant possibly say that the San Jose Sharks or Vancouver Canucks use ALL of those logos they came out with this summer that are on this site.

The San Diego Gulls folded 2 years ago....might want to alter the dates.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Josh, the alt logo posted was redrawn. The idea isn't amateurish, the redrawing is. Compare the logo from the site and the one you originally posted and they are not the same.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

NASHVILLE PREDATORS

Picture12-1.png

ST. LOUIS BLUES

Picture13.png

Picture14.png

Picture15.png

Picture17.png

[/quo

The Blues logo with the horn actually is not as clean as it should be, I have the cleaner version at work and will try to put it on here tomorrow. I also have the correct version of the Blues logo with the wordmark above it, the one that is on here is just the current logo with the red and st. louis in the logo, the note itself is noticeably different for the one usd during that time period. I will try to put this one up tomorrow along wth others that I have.

Josh, the alt logo posted was redrawn. The idea isn't amateurish, the redrawing is. Compare the logo from the site and the one you originally posted and they are not the same.

On this Terry Smith website, go to illustrations and select athletes. The first page that comes up as a picture of Barry Bonds being juiced but its from like 12 years ago. I just thought it was funny.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Blues logo with the horn actually is not as clean as it should be, I have the cleaner version at work and will try to put it on here tomorrow. I also have the correct version of the Blues logo with the wordmark above it, the one that is on here is just the current logo with the red and st. louis in the logo, the note itself is noticeably different for the one usd during that time period. I will try to put this one up tomorrow along wth others that I have.

Sorry guys, it appears that I was careless with posting these. Thank you Zilch for pointing it out. I guess I just grabbed the wrong ones. The horn logo is the only one not included on the vintage logo sheet that I have for them so if you could post the corrected version that would be great.

Picture6-4.png

Picture5-5.png

Archived