CCSLC Logo Correction Thread

rmackman

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted this as what used to be on the back of the Shea scoreboard:

scoreboard93.jpg

The above is just the METS from their primary logo with everything else taken out. However, my brother had this on his hard drive which seems to be more accurate and matches what was really used, with thicker white shadowing and whatnot:

NYMets.jpg

7TrainPlatformin1993.jpg

The first photo is closer than the one your brother had on his hard drive - look at the space within loops of the "e" and "s".

Neither is 100% accurate - the crossbar of the "t" should not extend over the "s" - but the first one is closer.

Southwest Missouri State is now just Missouri State

In 2005, the University's name changed to Missouri State University. This final name change reflected the changing nature of the institution, as evidenced by increased enrollment, admissions standards, graduation rates, graduate programs and freshman success.

Source

logo-mostate.jpg600px-Missouri_State_bear_logo.svg.png

hey i have one that was never posted on the site. i sent it in using that form on the website but they never put it up.

it's the Atlanta Dream of the WNBA:

sem98h.png

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

It's always been a bit of a sore spot with me that the "old" long-time Maple Leaf logo from the 30s to the early 60s is depicted as:

LeafsmidH.jpg

frank2.jpg

...which was really only in play from April, 1964 to March, 1967.

The version that is the traditional logo is:

LeafsoldH.jpg

frank1.gif

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Southwest Missouri State is now just Missouri State
In 2005, the University's name changed to Missouri State University. This final name change reflected the changing nature of the institution, as evidenced by increased enrollment, admissions standards, graduation rates, graduate programs and freshman success.

Source

logo-mostate.jpg600px-Missouri_State_bear_logo.svg.png

Yes. They're almost done with their 3rd school/athletic year of them being Missouri State, yet their still under Southwest Missouri State on the logos page.

Can we finally correct this?

It's always been a bit of a sore spot with me that the "old" long-time Maple Leaf logo from the 30s to the early 60s is depicted as:

LeafsmidH.jpg

[picture removed]

...which was really only in play from April, 1964 to March, 1967.

The version that is the traditional logo is:

LeafsoldH.jpg

[picture removed]

I have the same gripe with the Brooklyn Dodgers.

The version of their cap logo that wore most commonly has been almost lost to history:

robinson16.jpg

While the longer, more Red Sox-like "B" that they wore for maybe one season remains the only one listed in the official MLB style guide, and consequently is the one featured on virtually all the merchandise available.

It's just lazy, and it results in historical revisionism.

Yes. They're almost done with their 3rd school/athletic year of them being Missouri State, yet their still under Southwest Missouri State on the logos page.

Can we finally correct this?

The only reason I noticed it is because I'm doing userbars for all the NCAA D1 Basketball Conferences.

Archived