CCSLC Logo Correction Thread

rmackman

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to complain about fixing the Utah Utes logos, but they seem a little stretched out to me. You can download the official university logos here.

Also, I noticed that the circle and feather logo went from being ? to ® . What exactly is the difference?

The Blues logo with the horn actually is not as clean as it should be, I have the cleaner version at work and will try to put it on here tomorrow. I also have the correct version of the Blues logo with the wordmark above it, the one that is on here is just the current logo with the red and st. louis in the logo, the note itself is noticeably different for the one usd during that time period. I will try to put this one up tomorrow along wth others that I have.

Sorry guys, it appears that I was careless with posting these. Thank you Zilch for pointing it out. I guess I just grabbed the wrong ones. The horn logo is the only one not included on the vintage logo sheet that I have for them so if you could post the corrected version that would be great.

Picture6-4.png

Picture5-5.png

Picture7-2-1.png

Where do you get these logo sheets?

smythdp1.jpgtruro.gif

Got the two Blades logos from their website, I just hade to resize them to a decent size. Also agian not sure about dates. I am pretty sure that the Blades used that blue logo as an alternate for a few seasons first though, similar to what Columbus did with their current logo.

Saskatoon0405-pres.png

1024x7683rdlogo.png

Tri-City Americans

15661a.png

Prince George Cougars

81669-cougars-logo-CMYK1.png

The ECHL's Ontario Reign revealed their logo today. They are starting play next season.: (image from Pantone)

OntarioReign1.png

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

The Blues logo with the horn actually is not as clean as it should be, I have the cleaner version at work and will try to put it on here tomorrow. I also have the correct version of the Blues logo with the wordmark above it, the one that is on here is just the current logo with the red and st. louis in the logo, the note itself is noticeably different for the one usd during that time period. I will try to put this one up tomorrow along wth others that I have.

Sorry guys, it appears that I was careless with posting these. Thank you Zilch for pointing it out. I guess I just grabbed the wrong ones. The horn logo is the only one not included on the vintage logo sheet that I have for them so if you could post the corrected version that would be great.

A lot of people have the version of the Blues' horn logo that was originally posted on theSLE (good gosh, I miss that site!). It was - I believe - a trace of the actual logo; not an official version.

Here's the "real" one:

SaintLouisBlues_SEC_1994-1997.gif

Thank you PANTONE for posting the corrected image. Like I said, the horn logo is the only one not included in any of my sheets. I just pulled them out of the logosheets that I keep with everything I have without checking the actual sheets first. Sorry again for the mix-up guys.

On a side note, here is a link to the WHL site that contains vector logos for most of the teams. I think they are around page 12.

http://www.whl.ca/media/index.php?step=2⊂=0

Here's another official Blues wordmark from the "Red" era you don't see much:

SaintLouisBlues_WMK_1994-19.gif

One thing I have to say about the NHL's "Vintage" logo sheets - as great as they are, they're not accurate. Especially when it comes to the colors used. My theory is that the NHL put these together in order for Reebok to reproduce jerseys and merchandise using the stock colors they already have.

Reebok's all about the homogenizing of their color palette (e.g., the NBA).

One thing I have to say about the NHL's "Vintage" logo sheets - as great as they are, they're not accurate. Especially when it comes to the colors used. My theory is that the NHL put these together in order for Reebok to reproduce jerseys and merchandise using the stock colors they already have.

The NHL rewriting history? No way!

:)

Sorry, it's just that no matter how many people tell me it now, I have a hard time believing that the Pittsburgh Pirates actually used a tilted P with lines through it in a box on official communications and promotional materials in the 20s. The Rangers prove that just because it's on the front of the sweater doesn't mean it's the team's logo.

On a side note, here is a link to the WHL site that contains vector logos for most of the teams. I think they are around page 12.

http://www.whl.ca/media/index.php?step=2⊂=0

Very Good Link. Highly recomended that the logos from it get on the site. I wonder if there is one for the OHL or QMJHL?

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

A lot of people have the version of the Blues' horn logo that was originally posted on theSLE (good gosh, I miss that site!). It was - I believe - a trace of the actual logo; not an official version.

Here's the "real" one:

SaintLouisBlues_SEC_1994-1997.gif

Good God, these Blues logos with the trumpets are freakin' KILLING me. As a guitar player, having a trumpet represent the music I've loved my entire life makes me want to shoot somebody. :cursing:

Sigs are for sissies.

Good God, these Blues logos with the trumpets are freakin' KILLING me. As a guitar player, having a trumpet represent the music I've loved my entire life makes me want to shoot somebody. :cursing:

Tell that to Miles Davis (if ya could)...

:P

Personally, as a long-time professional musician (over 31 years and counting), it's always made me crazy that the general public thinks that only guitar players can play the blues...

Tell that to Miles Davis (if ya could)...

:P

Personally, as a long-time professional musician (over 31 years and counting), it's always made me crazy that the general public thinks that only guitar players can play the blues...

I'm not saying other musicians can't play the blues, but the music originated with poor black guys in the deep south plucking out songs on guitars they made out of whatever they could find.

This jersey's kinda like naming a team 'The Rockers' and putting an upright bass on the jersey. Bass players in bands ranging from the Police to the Stray Cats have been known to employ uprights, but that doesn't mean it's the preeminent rock instrument.

Sigs are for sissies.

Hey, this thread about logo corrections - let's take this discussion off stage :P

I still like the Horn logo - yes Guitar guys get the shaft, so go play your "guitar heroes" game and you'll feel better.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I don't know if Chris has any control over this, but could someone do something about adding the new blue jackets logos to the NHL avatar list? It's been like five years since they were introduced and the old "CBJ" is the only blue jackets option as far as avatars go.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I will post links to all of the hockey logos from the NHL, AHL, ECHL & CHL that I have that IMO should go on the site. Everytime I get more I will add it to this list and when a logo is added then I will take it off the list.

*Note if any dates are wrong, or logos are not good enough to go on the site, please let me know*

NHL:

NHL Draft: 2000

NHL Draft: 1999

NHL Draft: 1998

Atlanta Thrashers: 5th Anniversary

Colorado Avalanche: Wordmark 1995/56 - Present

Colorado Avalanche: Arena Logo 1995/96 - Present

Los Angeles Kings: Alternate Logo 1 1998/99 - 2001/2002

Los Angeles Kings: Alternate Logo 2 2002/03 - Present

Los Angeles Kings: Alternate Logo 3 1998/99 - Present

Los Angeles Kings: Alternate Logo 4 1998/99 - Present

Minnesota North Stars: Wordmark 1967/68 - 1973/74

Minnesota Wild: Inaugural Season

Minnesota Wild: 5th Anniversary

Nashville Predators: Alternate Logo 2007/08 - Present

St. Louis Blues: Alternate Logo 1995-1998

St. Louis Blues: Wordmark 1995-1998

St. Louis Blues: 25th Anniversary

St. Louis Blues: Arena Logo 2005/06 - Present

AHL:

Cleveland Barons: Alternate Logo 2002-2006

Cornwall Aces: 1993-1996

Edmonton Road Runners: [b/]2004-05

Hamilton Bulldogs: 10th Anniversary

Toronto Road Runners: [b/]2003-04

Worcester Sharks: Alternate Logo 2006/07 - Present

ECHL:

ECHL: 20th Anniversary

Kelly Cup Playoffs: 2007 Champions

Kelly Cup Playoffs: 2007

Kelly Cup Playoffs: 2000 Finals

ECHL All-Star Game: 2008

ECHL All-Star Game: 2007

Dayton Bombers: 1998/99 - 2002/03

Ontario Reign: 2008/09 - Present

Pensacola Ice Pilots: 2006/07 - Present

San Deigo Gulls: Alternate Logo 2003/04 - 2005/06

CHL:

Memorial Cup: 2008/09

QMJHL:

QMJHL: Presidents Cup 2008

QMJHL: Presidents Cup 2006

Drummondville Voltigeurs: 2005/06 - Present

Drummondville Voltigeurs: Alternate Logo 2005/06 - Present

Drummondville Voltigeurs: Wordmark 2005/06 - Present

Drummondville Voltigeurs: 25th Anniversary

Gatineau Olympiques: Wordmark 2003/04 - Present

Moncton Wildcats: 10th Anniversary

Moncton Wildcats: Alternate Logo 1 1996/97 - Present

Moncton Wildcats: Alternate Logo 2 1996/97 - Present

Moncton Wildcats: Wordmark 1996/97 - Present

Montreal Junior Hockey Club: Alternate Logo 2008 - Present

PEI Rocket: Alternate Logo 2003/04 - Present

PEI Rocket: Alternate Logo 2004/05 - Present

PEI Rocket: Wordmark 2003/04 - Present

PEI Rocket: Arena Logo 2003/04 - Present

Rouyn-Noranda Huskies: 2006/07 - Present

Rouyn-Noranda Huskies: Alternate Logo 2006/07 - Present

Rouyn-Noranda Huskies: Wordmark 2006/07 - Pres

Saint John Sea Dogs: Wordmark 2005/06 - Present

Shawinigan Cataractes: Wordmark 1998/99 - Present

St. John's Fog Devils: Alternate Logo 2005/06 - 2007-08

Val-d'Or Foreurs: Alternate Logo 2005/06 - Present

WHL:

WHL: 40th Anniversary

Brandon Wheat Kings: 2004/05 - Present

Brandon Wheat Kings: 2003/04

Calgary Hitmen: 1998/99 - Present

Everett Silvertips: 2003/04 - Present

Kelowna Rockets: 2000/01 - Present

Kootenay Ice: 1998/99 - Present

Lethbridge Hurricanes: 2004/05 - Present

Medicine Hat Tigers: 2003/04 - Present

Medicine Hat Tigers: 40th Anniversary

Portland Winter Hawks: Wordmark 2000/01 - Present

Prince George Cougars 2003/04-Present

Prince George Cougars: Alternate Logo 2003/04-Present

Saskatoon Blades: 2005/06 - Present

Saskatoon Blades: Alternate Logo 2006/07 - Present

Saskatoon Blades: 2000/01 - 2004/05

Saskatoon Blades: Alternate Logo 2000/01 - 2004/05

Saskatoon Blades: Wordmark 2000/01 - 2004/05

Seattle Thunderbirds: 30th Anniversary

Spokane Chiefs: 1990/91 - Pres

Swift Current Broncos: 2005/06 - Present

Swift Current Broncos: Alternate Logo 1 2005/06 - Present

Swift Current Broncos: Alternate Logo 2 2005/06 - Present

Swift Current Broncos: 1995/96-2004/05

Tri-City Americans: 2003/04 - Present

Tri-City Americans: Alternate Logo 2005/06 - Present

Here's another official Blues wordmark from the "Red" era you don't see much:

SaintLouisBlues_WMK_1994-19.gif

Reebok's all about the homogenizing of their color palette (e.g., the NBA).

OT: That wordmark is amazing!! I wish they would use it with their current colors, or maybe even making that 'B' a secondary logo.

Back on topic, the Lehigh in the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs (I mentioned it a few pages ago) has yet to be fixed.

Junior de Montreal (QMJHL Next Year)

n8577089429_239.jpg

Curious do ya have a bigger version of this.. like say around 400x400 size?

Not the greatest quality but its a bit bigger.

n8577089429_239.png

ClubdehockeyjuniordeMontreal.png

Atlantic University Sport school updates including the new AUS/SUA logo itself.

UPEI

panther.png

Bigger Version which I think they started using in 2004...dont quote me on that though.

upei.png

Archived