CCSLC Logo Correction Thread

rmackman

Also, in the "when you get around to it" category, I was surprised to find, gasp, more changes for the Arena Football league in '08:

- the Las Vegas Gladiators have moved to Cleveland, becoming the Cleveland Gladiators (w/ new logo)

cle.gif

- the Austin Wranglers have folded

- the Nashville Kats have folded

Not a whole lot to change, but just to keep things current since their season has already begun.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, in the "when you get around to it" category, I was surprised to find, gasp, more changes for the Arena Football league in '08:

- the Las Vegas Gladiators have moved to Cleveland, becoming the Cleveland Gladiators (w/ new logo)

cle.gif

- the Austin Wranglers have folded

- the Nashville Kats have folded

Not a whole lot to change, but just to keep things current since their season has already begun.

Here is a bigger version:

gladlogo.jpg

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I had posted a couple of NHL draft logos a couple pages back but I found a couple more today and 2 of the 3 I posted before still need to be cleaned up alot so I thought i'd repost them. Also the 1995 could be recreated...i just posted that because its all I could find and I just thought it might help.

draft.png

(Needs to be cleaned up)

9nhldrft-1.png

(Needs to be cleaned up)

8nhldrft.png

75draft.gif

nhl20entry20draft2095.png

(you can see the bottom part here: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c337/jos...yes/002146.png))

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Also, for the NCAA college logos, some of the teams should be adjusted. Birmingham Southern is listed as Division I, which they no longer are, and these teams are missing completely:

Utah Valley State:

523882.jpg

This will become a OLD LOGO come July 1, 2008. When it's officially announced that Utah Valley State becomes. UVU (Utah Valley University).

Please tell me they will change their name to the UVU Uvula's! :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Here's what's on the site for the Buffalo Braves:

5451.gif

I don't believe the Braves actually ever had an official version of their logo in Blue. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Even though their uniforms from the 1973-1974 through 1977-1978 seasons were Columbia Blue, White and Black, the primary logo was still Black and Orange.

I recently acquired a 1976 Buffalo Braves logo sheet (along with the rest of the NBA from 1977 and 1978). This sheet lists the logo colors as Orange and Black and the uniforms as Columbia Blue and White. A recent NBA Hardwood Classics vector file had the Braves logo this way (I cleaned up the colors - they were incorrect):

BuffaloBraves_PRM_1972-1978.gif

However, there are still problems here. The typeface is incorrect, and that feather is misshapen. Still, it's closer.

A recent NBA Hardwood Classics vector file had the Braves logo this way (I cleaned up the colors - they were incorrect)

However, there are still problems here. The typeface is incorrect, and that feather is misshapen. Still, it's closer.

The NBA does that, too? Thought it was just baseball.

A recent NBA Hardwood Classics vector file had the Braves logo this way (I cleaned up the colors - they were incorrect)

The Hardwood Classics logos are just awful. Mistakes galore. Colors, typefaces, vectorizations, everything.

Its march maddness time and that means that soon the NCAA final four will happen. There is a couple logos not on the site for that aswell there is none for the NCAA frozen four (final four of hockey). Also there is alot of divsions of the NCAA. Perhaps some of their logos should be shown:

NCAABasketballLogo_000.jpg

ncaa_iceHockeyLogo.gif

clip_image002_000.png

09finalfour_StLouis.png

08_womens_basketball_logo.png

The Hardwood Classics logos are just awful. Mistakes galore. Colors, typefaces, vectorizations, everything.

I'm shocked, shocked that the NBA would screw that up. :P

You don't happen to have a halfway-decent Bucks logo from the 1970s-1980s on those sheets, do you? The one on the site is pretty bad.

I'm shocked, shocked that the NBA would screw that up. :P

You don't happen to have a halfway-decent Bucks logo from the 1970s-1980s on those sheets, do you? The one on the site is pretty bad.

Oh yeah - I've got that one. Well, I've got the Hardwood Classics version. I'll post it later, and also compare it to my official sheet to see how close they got it. I do know that they DID get the colors right. Quick interesting fact: they actually called that Orange color TAN...

Archived