CCSLC Logo Correction Thread

rmackman

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=e37...y45fie3nhgeegqh

e37kxoxylpy45fie3nhgeegqh.gif

This, as well as the alternate and road uniform graphics, have improper placement of the NBA logo. See the comments on the page for corrections.

It's not atrocious, but the Miami Heat... well, the placement of the NBA logoman is a quirk of their uniform. The T in "HEAT" trails off too far that they decided to put the logoman on the other side, instead. I thought it was noteworthy, just because it's unique to the Heat (and the Wizards' alternate).

• 1 month later...

The AHL, ECHL and CHL (WHL, OHL & QMJHL) pages are in desperate need of being update. I have a few logos that may help out but its no good posting them for the 3rd or 4th time if they are not going to be updated. They are all on page 12 if anyone needs them. I am just saying though, all these minor baseball teams and collage teams that keep getting their logos update are just as important than these hockey teams logos. I'm willing to bet there are more people that follow hockey around here than other sports, just a guess though. And I am sure if I can find a bunch of these logos, lots of other people can too, so its not like they are hard to find.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

When the Sky Sox introduced their new logo/colors a while back, I started telling everyone that the Sox had gone back to red, white, and blue. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. But I was POSITIVE I had seen an old Sox logo in red, white, and blue before. Well, it took me a while, but I was finally able to track down an image of the old logo and what may be the old home uni. Look closely, because this may be the only image of this logo in existence on the internet :P

CockrellAlan_2.jpg

This was used starting when the Sky Sox moved to the Springs in 88, and was in use to sometime between 92-96 (the years Cockrell played with the Sky Sox). In those years, the design was switched to the green city skyline logo. I need to do some more research, but I believe the hat design at the time was this one:

csx.jpg

This was replaced with the angry-faced batting sock at some point, which in turn was replaced by the interlocking CS (which showed up when the Sky Sox introduced the newer block wordmark and ditched the old cursive one from the sky-line font).

...I need to do more research on most of these last claims, but I mostly wanted to bring the old red, white, and blue Sky Sox uni/logo to everyone's attention.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

• 4 weeks later...

Big news for this thread! I found hundreds of quality vector logos not on the site. Mostly hockey basketball MLS and Lacrosse logos. All very good vector format. I will post some tomorrow but i would bother posting them all if they are not going to be put up. Also a bunch of NHL team's arena logos...ie Phillips arena, Bell Centre, ACC, and a couple others. A unused NHL 90th anniversary logo. The MLS logos are a HUGE bonus though. All star games from 1999-2004, MLS cup in English AND Spanish for 2000 and 2001. And all that is just some of it. Anyway, tune in tomorrow when I post them up.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

• 1 month later...

I'm currently working on an Orioles historical logo project, and here are some I'd like to share...

Primary, 1966-1988:

os1.gif

Primary, 1995-1997:

os2.gif

Event, 2001:

os3.gif

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I've actually started going through my files to find all of the MLB commemorative logos I have. I'll start a new thread and add to it as I get them done.

750px, right?

Yessir, that would be fantastic! Thanks

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Archived