• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seattle Mariners

Alt Cap, 1994:

marinerscap.gif

Alt Script, 1994:

marinersaltscript.gif

Unfortunately, no luck with any prior Mariners scripts, I'll start looking though.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Oakland Athletics

Primary Logo, 1983-1992:

asprimary.gif

Anniversary Logo, 1992:

aspatch.gif

Sleeve Patch, 1993-1994:

aspatch2.gif

Home Script, 1987-1994:

asscript1.gif

Road Script, 1987-1993:

asscript2.gif

Road Alt Script, 1987-1988:

asscript5.gif

Pittsburgh Pirates

Primary Logo, 1968-1986:

piratesprimary.gif

Home/Road Cap, 1976 / Alt Cap, 1977-1984:

piratescap1.gif

Road Cap, 1977-1986:

piratescap2.gif

Home Script, 1977-1979:

piratesscript3.gif

Alt Script, 1977-1984:

piratesscript1.gif

Road, 1977-1984:

piratesscript2.gif

Thanks for checking on that Seattle wordmark. I never understood why that one in particular is so hard to find.

A couple more things I wanted to request if you are able to find them:

-Atlanta Braves road wordmark from 1976-'79 with the lowercase 'A' in the front.

-Toronto Blue Jays wordmark from 1990 (where the lettering is more curvy)

Thanks

I think the first Milwaukee Bucks home uniform is incorrect - the lettering was green trimmed in red, as shown here:

1027_large.jpg

Memory says the Bucks didn't change to red lettering until after they won the NBA title in their third season.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I was looking through GettyImages at some 1998 stuff, and the Cubs' road jerseys have a different, and even uglier, version of the Chicago script than they do now:

EDIT: You're a cruel mistress, Getty Images:

linkdidnotwork.jpg

That's close to what they use now, but not quite. It looks like a knockoff. I have no recollection of it being different than the current one, but there it is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So I was looking through GettyImages at some 1998 stuff, and the Cubs' road jerseys have a different, and even uglier, version of the Chicago script than they do now:

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/52027413....84831B75F48EF45

That's close to what they use now, but not quite. It looks like a knockoff. I have no recollection of it being different than the current one, but there it is.

Can you please explain the differences you see?

I enjoyed the minor league stuff, but this thread just got a lot more interesting. ;)

I have a question iamthedorf, and you seem to be the man to answer it:

How come the script from the 1987-1992 Mariners nowhere to be found on the internet? More importantly, do you have it? ;)

1993 was the first season that the MLB put their graphics into vector form.

I have a 1986 and a 1987 Style Guide sheet for the Mariners...they have those scripts in there.

I'll ask around and see if that one has ever been officially vectorized.

The letters appear bolder, tighter, and follow a vertical arch, whereas the current script has thinner and more spaced letters, which are on a radial arch.

The letters appear bolder, tighter, and follow a vertical arch, whereas the current script has thinner and more spaced letters, which are on a radial arch.

I'll give you that the letters are slightly bolder and definitely tighter, but it looks like they still follow a vertical arch.

dero.11111111-thumb-400x282.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well if you look at the graphic file,

h1mj1swqcxiazashdywy2tnil.gif

not vertical there, so maybe it's just a difference between media. It's one way on uniforms, the other in print/video games/elsewhere. Either way, it's ugly, and they should use something else.

Archived