Arkansas State Red Wolves

meetthemets

I'm a student at ASU and I'm not really impressed. <_< What's sad is the firm that came up with it, that we paid crazy money for. It's not horrible on a t-shirt but it's not great. I had a concept or two but they just didnt catch on. Theres like four more variations of the wordmark and logo together that they had at the ceremony, one particular had the wolf located between Red & Wolves. It looked OK. Spoon eyes and all.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's sad is the firm that came up with it, that we paid crazy money for.

Pretty sure ASU did this one internally. I think Phoenix was originally hired but they took it in house instead...

From The Arkansas Times:

"Wheeler “can’t wait” to see the imagery, either, but she won’t have to wait much longer. The team from ASU's Publications and creative Services department is ready to roll out the imagery that they created in-house for the new visage of ASU.

According to Ron Looney, director, Department of Publications and Creative Services, all four of the department’s staff artists collaborated in the creation of the Red Wolves imagery. Initial sketches of the wolf mascot were created by art director Mark Reeves and designer Mary Williams. Graphic designer Heath Kelly developed a unique lettering style, and staff artist Michael Johnson assisted with conceptual suggestions and digital manipulation of the art forms. The staff then combined their efforts to create the versions necessary for production of various types of university media. The Publications and Creative Services team look upon the project as entirely collaborative, and as a great experience for them all."

http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasblog...w_asu_logo.aspx

Better check this out - there is such a thing as a Red Wolf. They've been run out of their habitats, they covered the south/east and up north through the Mississippi Valley. But that population has been reduced.

Check out the Red Wolf: Red Wolf

Also see a pix here: Red Wolf PIX

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Is it just me, or does the wolf look like it has a huge overbite?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

• 5 weeks later...
Regarding the font, I don't understand why people haven't noticed that there is only one font in the team name, not two. It's got half-serifs on the uppercase letters, no fonts on the lowercase letters, and I've never heard anyone complain about similar semifonted caps before.

Assuming we consider the wordmark to consist of a single font, the problem is that there are no truly "lowercase" letters, just smaller "uppercase" ones. That highlights the difference between the two and makes the wordmark looks extremely awkward.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

reference = post of the day in my book.

You sir are, of course, 100% correct. I personally prefer Wolfenstein 3D as being is the best of the series since the first two were rather generic stealth games (Though with cool faux-menacing digitized German voices) albeit being pretty cutting edge back then.

The font just seems bland to me, like it could have been seen in an old Castle Wolfenstein game or something from the 80s.

postofday.png

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived