2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really. It was a bad of job of blocking the plate.

<_< Spoilsport... Just let me have my one fleeting moment of anger as a Mariners fan, OK? This season is already gone to hell, the manager got canned and who knows what'll happen to Hernandez.

Haha, Felix Hernandez!

Bite me! That was a freaking cheap shot and everyone knows it. I hope that tonight, Beltran gets beaned for his cheap and dirty actions.

I was talking about the grand slam ^_^

Trying to focus on the positives, you know!

Haha, Felix Hernandez!
Bite me! That was a freaking cheap shot and everyone knows it. I hope that tonight, Beltran gets beaned for his cheap and dirty actions.

You know, the last pitcher to hit a grand slam in a MLB game before Felix also did it against the Mets at Shea -- and just like he was then, he currently pitches his home games in the state of Florida.

LvZYtbZ.png

Haha, Felix Hernandez!

The grand slam was sweet (Heck, who knew King Felix had that in him?). But, in a season that has pretty much gone downhill, finding anything positive is kinda nice. It helps distract the fans from the misery.

Anyhow, for those who are into the Minor leagues: Former Notre Dame WR Jeff Samardija (sp?) is making his I-Cubs debut at Alberquerque tonight.

Well I like that Manuel got ejected tonight, something Willie never did but Willie had to go and the Mets problems are not going to be fixed this year, and may even take a new General Manager who should be fired for the way he handled the Randolph firing and the team's lack of depth.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Anyhow, for those who are into the Minor leagues: Former Notre Dame WR Jeff Samardija (sp?) is making his I-Cubs debut at Alberquerque tonight.

Not that I am into minor league games, I am gonna make an attepmt to track this guy's develpoment. I'm hoping his decision to play basbeball pans out and he can become a solid Cubs starter for years to come.

As for his start tonight in ABQ, he allowed three runs in six innings vs the 'Topes tonight. Not too shabby.

6uXNWAo.png

Just got back from Shea...tonight's game was an utter, utter embarrasment. I really am done throwing money away (gas, parking, subway, tickets) going to Shea like I was planning on this summer. It's a lot easier to watch them from the couch. At this point, the only thing keeping me going is that I have tickets to a few games I already paid for, and it's the last few times I'll ever be able to go to Shea. And you can say what you all want about it, go--take your shots, but I'm sure as hell gonna miss it...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Ummmm Note to the Blue Jays: You're supposed to suck. When your pitching is good you're bats are supposed to be :censored:, and we're supposed to lose 1-0 or 2-1.

So far the Cito hiring isn't looking all that bad for Toronto.

And yeah, now you Jays fans can see why we don't mind our Cubbies playing The 'Nati almost 20 times a season. :D

6uXNWAo.png

Just got back from Shea...tonight's game was an utter, utter embarrasment. I really am done throwing money away (gas, parking, subway, tickets) going to Shea like I was planning on this summer. It's a lot easier to watch them from the couch. At this point, the only thing keeping me going is that I have tickets to a few games I already paid for, and it's the last few times I'll ever be able to go to Shea. And you can say what you all want about it, go--take your shots, but I'm sure as hell gonna miss it...

Thats the boat I'm in too I got the Shea Goodbye pack and have 6 games left including the finale. I'm planing on brining a banner that day that read "Shea Stadium 1964-2008 thanks for the memories, 2008 Mets Thanks for Nothing"

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Thats the boat I'm in too I got the Shea Goodbye pack and have 6 games left including the finale. I'm planing on brining a banner that day that read "Shea Stadium 1964-2008 thanks for the memories, 2008 Mets Thanks for Nothing"

I keep telling you guys, stop being so disappointed with everything, and go see some minor league or independent baseball. You know, the leagues where the players WANT to do a good job.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I keep telling you guys, stop being so disappointed with everything, and go see some minor league or independent baseball. You know, the leagues where the players WANT to do a good job.

As it turns out, I'm planning on hitting up Riverfront Stadium in Newark to see the Bears play sometime next month, and I'll be returning to Penn State for the first time since graduating and take in a State College Spikes game...I've been to that new stadium for a PSU-Northwestern game, and it's a helluva nice minor league park.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived