Ottawa Senators logos

AsM29

It's basically the same thing, just that one was uised on the alternates pre-edge, and the other (I believe) is what they use as a full-time primary now. If it isnt that, then it's jsut that one is cleaned up better than the other.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

It's basically the same thing, just that one was uised on the alternates pre-edge, and the other (I believe) is what they use as a full-time primary now. If it isnt that, then it's jsut that one is cleaned up better than the other.

The one on their jerseys now is very different from that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I realize that the current logo is way different but these two logos are not EXACTLY the same. If you look at the two faces, one has different colored shading. I know that it is not a case of one being lower quality. I actually have official logo sheets for both versions but they don't have dates on them. I'm just trying to find out that years that they were used.

OK...the Senators first used this logo on their alternate sweater during the 1997-1998 through the 1998-1999 seasons. Then, it became the primary logo on their sweaters from 1999-2000 through 2002-2003. Then, they cleaned up the logo (they took out two of the flesh tone shades and replaced with Black) for seasons 2003-2004 through 2006-2007.

Yeah the first one with the brown shades was used from when they first created that logo and used the red swoosh as the alternate, up until around '02 or '03, then they upped the contrast by dumping the brown for black shading and made the skin tone more pale, almost white, making for a much more badass looking Senator.

First version:

senators.jpg

second version:

Spezza.jpg

I can't speak for the actual color of embroidery thread they used on that logo, but according to the print standards, the "Flesh Tone" of the newer version of that logo was exactly the same as the older version. Like I said, they essentially just took out the other shades of Brown and replaced them with Black.

Here's a comparison of the two logos side-by-side:

OttawaSenators_LogoCompare.gif

You'll notice some other subtle differences between these two logos...this wasn't just a recolorization...

Well, since you have the inside stuff, I was wondering if that was in-fact from your sheets. I kind of figured the right was the official graphic. But the left hand side just seems so beginner logo for an official thing. Uneven lines, it looks like someone threw it in Illustrator and applied Live Trace to it.

**EDIT**

Looking at the top logo and your Pantone. There's definitely a difference in the two logos, even though they are the same.

Upon further review...

...you are absolutely correct.

I have been going over my files, and what I have determined is that I might have recolored (using official Pantone colors, mind you) an old SLE logo I had. That old SLE file must have been a trace - just like you suspected. Wouldn't be the first time; a lot of those SLE graphics were just traces of rasters.

I wasn't trying to be deceitful; I had forgotten where I got it from. And, I apologize for the confusion.

I DO have a scan (a crappy scan though) of the logo in question; so this should clear up what the actual logo should look like:

OttawaSenators_SEC_2000-2007.gif

(Hides head in shame)

I can't speak for the actual color of embroidery thread they used on that logo, but according to the print standards, the "Flesh Tone" of the newer version of that logo was exactly the same as the older version. Like I said, they essentially just took out the other shades of Brown and replaced them with Black.

Here's a comparison of the two logos side-by-side:

OttawaSenators_LogoCompare.gif

You'll notice some other subtle differences between these two logos...this wasn't just a recolorization...

That logo on the right isn't totally correct, cuz as you can see from my Spezza pic, the second version also had the triangular shadow under the eye, which was black.

That logo on the right isn't totally correct, cuz as you can see from my Spezza pic, the second version also had the triangular shadow under the eye, which was black.

Interesting. However, my logo (on the right) IS an official logo, which means - (ta da) - there's a discrepancy between the original file and the logo that gets embroidered and put on the sweaters.

What a shock.

Archived