Any chance the Astros wear their Gray Road Unis this season?

BamaHater

It has been know Drayton Mclane loves the red road alt. and has the team wear them almost exclusively on the road. Last season to my knowledge, they wore them once and that was at the request of Craig Biggio in his final road game. We are wearing the red alt tonight in San Diego.

It has been know Drayton Mclane loves the red road alt. and has the team wear them almost exclusively on the road. Last season to my knowledge, they wore them once and that was at the request of Craig Biggio in his final road game. We are wearing the red alt tonight in San Diego.

Its to my knowledge that the starting pitcher picks the uniform color. Roy for the most part wears the red, I think it might have to do with the game six NLCS in 2005. He wore the red and killed the cardinals. The red will always be worn on Sunday except when the opposing team also wears a solid color on Sunday. I didn't realize you were on the team as well?

TEXASFIGHT.gifAstros-Sig.gifUntitled-1.gifAeros.gif

Its to my knowledge that the starting pitcher picks the uniform color. Roy for the most part wears the red, I think it might have to do with the game six NLCS in 2005. He wore the red and killed the cardinals. The red will always be worn on Sunday except when the opposing team also wears a solid color on Sunday. I didn't realize you were on the team as well?

Not quite. The Astros aren't one of those teams that follows the "Starter picks the jersey"-rules. The team quit wearing the greys on the road after mid-May last year when they switched over to the COOLBASE jerseys (only available in brick previously). They wore the bricks on the road almost exclusively from that point on, save for a Sunday afternoon game against ARI (they wore their bricks, Astros wore grey) and that last road game against CIN.

And the bricks they had on tonight were COOLBASE. It looks like most MLB teams are wearing COOLBASE early on. That has nothing to do with whether or not they'll wear the greys on the road trip or not. The staff could have just not bothered to pack them. Roy might have insisted on brick. I suspect there will be an answer come Tuesday night.

And yes, they do wear the bricks more often than they should because they are Uncle Drayton's favorite jersey (according to Astros beat writer Alyson Footer's mailbag sometime last summer).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

4 road games and we have worn the brick red alt for all of them.

Houston Chronicle columnist Richard Justice wrote in his blog the other day that the Astros are done with the grays. Check the comments of this entry:

RJ,

This is random and off topic, but I'm curious (and maybe some other Paul Lukas fans are, too) about this. Have the Astros completely ditched the grey road jersey? All they wear are the "Sunday brick alternates" now. I can't remember a road game where they wore a monochromatic grey scheme. Any clues?

[They won't wear all gray anymore. Drayton likes the red, and it's a lighter material.--Richard]

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archi...tting_jr_1.html

Did I not just see Roy Halladay in a cool-base grey Blue Jays jersey in the new MLB uni's thread? It looked as if MLB has figured out how to make grey cool-base jerseys. I could be mistaking an extra seam or something for a cool-base "vent".

PvO6ZWJ.png

• 4 weeks later...

They're wearing the greys tonight (4/29) in Arizona. The Diamondbacks are in their red alternates, so the Astros had to switch to the normal greys.

And they appear to be the standard doubleknits, not COOLBASE.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

They're wearing the greys tonight (4/29) in Arizona. The Diamondbacks are in their red alternates, so the Astros had to switch to the normal greys.

I could have sworn that the Dbacks red alternate was worn exclusively on the road, at least last season.

And the stros won in them too!. perhaps they should stick with the grey ;)

And the stros won in them too!. perhaps they should stick with the grey ;)

They're playing again this afternoon. Not near a TV, so I have no idea what the are wearing.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived