Stanley Cup Playoff Bracket

goforbroke

Now that the Cup patch doesnt have "Eastern" and "Western" on the opposite sides, I would suggest having the Western conference on the left and the East on the right. Other than that, looks good my friend.

I agree. I can't stand it when the East is on the left side of a bracket and the West is on the right. When you look at a map, the West is on the left and the East is on the right. That's the only thing that's preventing me from putting it on my desktop. Otherwise it looks really good.

Now that the Cup patch doesnt have "Eastern" and "Western" on the opposite sides, I would suggest having the Western conference on the left and the East on the right. Other than that, looks good my friend.

I agree. I can't stand it when the East is on the left side of a bracket and the West is on the right. When you look at a map, the West is on the left and the East is on the right. That's the only thing that's preventing me from putting it on my desktop. Otherwise it looks really good.

Amen to that. Although it's not a major flaw (not major enough for me to not use it as my wallpaper!) But it looks real sharp, alot like something you'd see in EA Sports' NHL game...and dang, you made my Wild look good on the lower right B) good work.

35187800ud6.png

I just want to remind everyone this is NOT my bracket. My friend made it. As much as I'd love to take credit for the compliments I can not. He's not a member of these forums, but I just wanted to show you guys anyway

I will post the updated bracket after each round.

As far as the East-West / West-East .. I think since the logo USED to have the conferences reversed, and since the bracket always went with the logo, maybe he just got used to making it East on Left, West on Right, and kept it that way despite the new logo.

Also, I totally missed that posting this graphic was my 400th post!!!!!!!!

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Looks good as is - very nicely done!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

good job, it's just too bad that the NHL re-seeds teams after each round

Why??

The NBA doesn't reseed and they have their best series in the second round.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

• 2 weeks later...

My friend and I used to work together at MSG.com... He's still there, and they are using his bracket as their official bracket. So if you click this link you should get the most recent one and can grab it urself to make as your wallpaper if you'd like.

http://www2.msg.com/mediaStore/2/2008bracket.jpg

I'll continue to post the new one after each round here as well.

My friend and I used to work together at MSG.com... He's still there, and they are using his bracket as their official bracket. So if you click this link you should get the most recent one and can grab it urself to make as your wallpaper if you'd like.

Words can't express how stupid I think that one is. You just can't have the Flyers coming out of the Penguins-Senators matchup! No, no, a bazillion times NO!

You have to move the brackets once you know the second-round pairings.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I understand what you mean. Making brackets for the NHL is stupid because of the reseeding. But reseeding is far superior to brackets.

Why??

The NHL's best series are in every round. But then again, the NHL doesn't have teams in the playoffs that are 12 games below .500. At least not for the last 50 years. Reseeding is the way to go, especially in pro sports.

Words can't express how stupid I think that one is. You just can't have the Flyers coming out of the Penguins-Senators matchup! No, no, a bazillion times NO!

You have to move the brackets once you know the second-round pairings.

I disagree. I know it looks weird, but I think changing the previous round isn't the solution. Its like going back in time.. cant do it.

This is just how hockey brackets are. You just have to know they re-seed and thats why the lines broken from first to second round. Hockey fans just know that thats how it works.

I understand what you mean. Making brackets for the NHL is stupid because of the reseeding. But reseeding is far superior to brackets.

Why??

The NHL's best series are in every round. But then again, the NHL doesn't have teams in the playoffs that are 12 games below .500. At least not for the last 50 years. Reseeding is the way to go, especially in pro sports.

Reseeding isn't the reason that they don't have terrible teams in the playoffs. It has nothing to do with it. At all.

All reseeding does is make it harder for underdogs to win and makes brackets confusing.

Regarding this bracket, it's cool and all that this is the 'official' bracket, but I have to be honest here, it kind of sucks.

Archived