Gumble leaves NFL Network

LuvTheNats

Yea it takes a special skill to tell people what they are watching already. :D

Having done it myself, you'd be surprised.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If you're referring to PBP I'll second that. It's looks a whole lot easier than it is. I did High School football and basketball for a couple years. It gave me a real appreciation for the guys who are great at doing PBP.

BB52Big.jpg

If you're referring to PBP I'll second that. It's looks a whole lot easier than it is. I did High School football and basketball for a couple years. It gave me a real appreciation for the guys who are great at doing PBP.

Doing PBP for football is possibly the hardest too, because you have to know who made the tackle and block and you have to say it and think real fast you have spotters but you must be quick on the feet.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Doing PBP for football is possibly the hardest too, because you have to know who made the tackle and block and you have to say it and think real fast you have spotters but you must be quick on the feet.

On radio yea it is hard. But on TV, I beg to differ. I don't need to be told what I am looking at. I see that number 52 made the tackle on number 33. I see that it is now 2nd and 8. In baseball I can see that the pitcher has attempted a pick off to first and is now, shaking off his catcher.

I like to know why things are being done, I don't need to have some one tell me what I am seeing. I am not blind.

This is just like after a political speech and the talking heads at CNNNBCABCFOXMSNBCCBS get on and tell me what the the person just said. Or better yet what they meant.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

On radio yea it is hard. But on TV, I beg to differ. I don't need to be told what I am looking at. I see that number 52 made the tackle on number 33. I see that it is now 2nd and 8. In baseball I can see that the pitcher has attempted a pick off to first and is now, shaking off his catcher.

I like to know why things are being done, I don't need to have some one tell me what I am seeing. I am not blind.

This is just like after a political speech and the talking heads at CNNNBCABCFOXMSNBCCBS get on and tell me what the the person just said. Or better yet what they meant.

None of that means doing PBP on TV is easier. That just means you don't find it necessary. Until you've tried it, you have no idea how hard it actually is.

Tell you what, bring three of your friends over to watch a game. You describe the action while one of your friends is pointing at numbers on a big page and trying to tell you who is doing what and the other friend is talking in your ear about something entirely unrelated while you're describing the action. Then tell me how "easy" it was.

BB52Big.jpg

None of that means doing PBP on TV is easier. That just means you don't find it necessary. Until you've tried it, you have no idea how hard it actually is.

Tell you what, bring three of your friends over to watch a game. You describe the action while one of your friends is pointing at numbers on a big page and trying to tell you who is doing what and the other friend is talking in your ear about something entirely unrelated while you're describing the action. Then tell me how "easy" it was.

Some find it harder than others. And those that do, get really upset when some one else thinks it is easy.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Some find it harder than others. And those that do, get really upset when some one else thinks it is easy.

And others still find value in Jonah Goldberg. It's a crazy world.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What if the NFL NETWORK should hire MIKE PATRICK to be the PBP guy and while there at it also hire SEAN SALIBURY.

I'll go crazy if I dont hear his voice before the 08 season.

Based on that sentiment, I think you already are. It was a good move on ESPN's part to fire him not renew his contract.

I dont agreed. Mike Patrick was the voice of ESPN SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL and if I was running ESPN RAMS the SNF crew should be doing MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL and BTW do you know when the schedules is going to be released. I want to see if the rumors is true about the 49ers-COWBOYS game on THANKSGIVING.

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

Buck is better than Joe Morgan. I want that pompous a$$ off ESPN so much. He refuses to acknowledge any stat that isn't HR or Wins. I mean, he's not even open to the idea of statistical analysis unless it starts with an R and ends with a BI.

I'm not the biggest fan of Buck on national telecasts either, I'd be fine with him leaving and coming home to St. Louis and doing the TV for them only. I'm telling you, he's good on local, terrible on national.

I couldn't agree with that sentiment any more. Joe Morgan absolutely ruins every good thing about Jon Miller.

I couldn't agree with that sentiment any more. Joe Morgan absolutely ruins every good thing about Jon Miller.

You just reminded me how much I miss Jon Miller doing local radio . . . particularly because he was usually all alone during his innings, just describing the action and telling entertaining stories.

Damn you, Peter Angelos!!!!! :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived