Gumble leaves NFL Network

LuvTheNats

Rick Romo approves of this decision.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

We have a term for this in "the business." It's called getting resigned. I'm sure that for all intents and purposes Bryant Gumbel was fired. Spinning it as a mutual decision is basically a way to let him save face. He should have taken that "different direction" well before he cracked the mic on the first broadcast. He was a spectacular failure as a PBP guy. It was pure poetry. If I were trying to plan a way be the worst PBP announcer in the NFL I wouldn't have done a thing differently than he did.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass Bryant...

BB52Big.jpg

Now if Tim McCarver would just leave FOX then, and only then, will all be right in the sports announcing world!

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

He'd have to take Joe Buck with him. That dude annoys the living hell out of me. FOX messed up when they lost James Brown on their pre-game show. Replacing him with Buck...ah, no. Please find someone else.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Buck is better than Joe Morgan. I want that pompous a$$ off ESPN so much. He refuses to acknowledge any stat that isn't HR or Wins. I mean, he's not even open to the idea of statistical analysis unless it starts with an R and ends with a BI.

I'm not the biggest fan of Buck on national telecasts either, I'd be fine with him leaving and coming home to St. Louis and doing the TV for them only. I'm telling you, he's good on local, terrible on national.

What if the NFL NETWORK should hire MIKE PATRICK to be the PBP guy and while there at it also hire SEAN SALIBURY.

I'll go crazy if I dont hear his voice before the 08 season.

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

What if the NFL NETWORK should hire MIKE PATRICK to be the PBP guy and while there at it also hire SEAN SALIBURY.

Based on that sentiment, I think you already are. It was a good move on ESPN's part to fire him not renew his contract.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Based on that sentiment, I think you already are. It was a good move on ESPN's part to fire him not renew his contract.

So Salisbury got released?!

FANtastic news. Football information will actually be bearable this year on ESPN.

I never had the opportunity (or misfortune) of hearing Gumbel on the NFL Network but he must have been terrible because its been a long time since I've seen this many people agree on a topic. Even Todd Wright was nailing Gumbel to the wall last night on sporting news radio.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Ya know Brian Billick has been on TV, radio and the paper here in Baltimore, saying that he is in discussions with a network about doing booth work. He said he didn't want to be in a studio, he wanted to be close to he game. Hmm...maybe there are more changes ahead. I used to like Gumble back during his NBC days. I just think like Keith Olbermann he started to think he was more important than the sport he was reporting.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Ya know Brian Billick has been on TV, radio and the paper here in Baltimore, saying that he is in discussions with a network about doing booth work. He said he didn't want to be in a studio, he wanted to be close to he game. Hmm...maybe there are more changes ahead. I used to like Gumble back during his NBC days. I just think like Keith Olbermann he started to think he was more important than the sport he was reporting.

Back in his NBC days Bryant Gumble was a Studio host, he is good at that, its just pbp that trips him up.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Back in his NBC days Bryant Gumble was a Studio host, he is good at that, its just pbp that trips him up.

Yea it takes a special skill to tell people what they are watching already. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived