Reds Alternate

jake22

It's ok.

The Reds are trying to stay away from black for the most part.

And the sleeve logo you're using isn't used anymore. This guy took his place.

Also, that isn't even the number font they use anymore. It looks to me you've just taken this jersey and added the cap from this set.

I think the only reason it looks so good is because of the cleanliness, but thats only because they are almost the exact graphics from the site.

And don't take this the wrong way but, nice try, more originality would be nice.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

that would be the spring training one i was talking about

You're right, I did not realize you were aware of the spring training one.

It's clean but I think teams should tend to stay away from black as the main color. Every team who has a black trim is all good, but they don't all need to make a black jersey just because it's part of their scheme. Don't people like colors anymore?

As an alternate, I think black is the best color to use. If you thing about it. White home, grey road, black alt. It just makes sense.

Most teams do use bright colors for alternates which it precisely why i think black would be a nice change of pace. Its sharp and looks good in action.

They're the "REDS", not the "REDS but only a little bit on a predominantly black background." And besides, unnecessary black alternates probably outnumber the bright colored alternates, and is the reason everyone is sick of seeing black alternates.

Speak for yourself buddy. I think most MLB teams would look pretty good with black alternates. They are just afraid to go there because it gets too hot in the summer, that's why they choose to rely on lighter colors, less heat-absorbant

You're right all these teams would look GREAT with black jerseys.

-Red Sox

-Yankees

-Rays

-Indians

-Tigers

-Twins

-Angels

-M's

-Rangers

-Braves

-Phillies

-Nationals

-Cubs

-Brewers

-Pirates

-Cardinals

-Dodgers

-Padres

They would all look great. <_<

Lol...

I don't like black as an alternate jersey color. We see plenty of teams with just plain bad black alternate jerseys. To name a few: Jays, Athletics, Mets, Marlins (IMO, but I also think that a lot of people would agree with me). Really, baseball should just be home and away - not every team would have to have a gray road jersey, but some sets are fine until the alternate is introduced. See: Braves, Angels, Red Sox...

Thats exactly what i was getting it. Some alternate jerseys clearly just dont look right even though the have the team color. As an example I tihnk the Tigers could get away with a black alternate. Im not saying you need to change the hat or even the pants. Just a black alternate with the Olde English D in white. or maybe in navy outline in white. It would sell well and give the team a chance to expand their identity some.

Do you not think about these before you post who should have a black alternate? Tigers= Navy hat with black jersey. WTF? You really just think EVERY team should have a black alternate regardless of the team colors? How's that any less boring than teams wearing various colors of alternates? Please, from now on, think before you post. For your sake... and ours.

OK, black Tigrs alt.?!?!?! WTF?!?!!? I cannot take anybody who thinks navy and black look good together seriously. Please, go to Barnes & Noble (or Borders, I don't really care which) and pick up a book on color theory. Even in the 90s, teams weren't dumb enough to pair navy and black (mostly because you can't tell the difference between the two from more than five feet away).

It's ok.

The Reds are trying to stay away from red for th most part.

Also, that isn't even the number font they use anymore. It looks to me you've just taken this jersey and added the cap from this set.

I think the only reason it looks so good is because of the cleanliness, but thats only because they are almost the exact graphics from the site.

And don't take this the wrong way but, nice try, more originality would be nice.

The Reds are trying to stay away from red?

Explain the last uniform overhaul.

It's ok.

oops.

thanks for pointing that out. haha.

I definitely meant to say black.

:P

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

It's ok.

oops.

thanks for pointing that out. haha.

I definitely meant to say black.

well, it's not your fault. nobody's watched reds baseball for at least 10 years, so who would know?

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

realistically the only teams that can get away with a black alternate are Marlins, Rockies, Astros, Giants and the Pirates. unless black is a good percentage of the primary color scheme, it really doesn't need to be an alt. i dont' have a problem with black in their color scheme say trim but it should stay regulated to just that, trim.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

So, I'm definitely glad to see the Reds bring back red as their primary color, but I do think that black works for them as a secondary color. I think that this set would be greatly improved with some more red, though -- maybe the socks should be red? You could also match red socks on that hat by switching the colors (i.e. red crown, black bill), like I think their road cap looks like.

• 2 weeks later...

On the surface, the set you've came up with looks really clean and crisp. Maybe its just me though, but in my personal opinion, the reds just dont look as menacing as they do in the Big Red Machine'esque red and white unis... SO NO BLACK!

Archived