New gamecocks helmet

pagan696

they could wear magical wizard helmets and they would still suck.

it's time for lou to call it a career.

Amen brother! South Carolina is a disgrace to college football!! Go Tigers!!

you from/go to clemson art?

i live in central, right next to clemson.

it's time for lou to call it a career, a burning bag of plop could call better plays than him.

This, from the side that was so righteously, grievously offended by the old "culture versus agriculture" joke.

Thanks for showing us how to change the tone!

And enjoy your new Clemson Broncos unis.

em

In the late 1980's-early 1990's before they joined the SEC, the Gamecocks had an all-black uniform they wore for certain games and it became known as "the black watch" when they wore 'em.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

it's time for lou to call it a career, a burning bag of plop could call better plays than him.

This, from the side that was so righteously, grievously offended by the old "culture versus agriculture" joke.

Thanks for showing us how to change the tone!

And enjoy your new Clemson Broncos unis.

em

i never heard that joke, nor do i care either way. i hate lou from his notre dame days.

personally, i'm a michigan state fan. i moved here 2 years ago, my wife works for clemson, therefore i like clemson by default, since i live 2 miles from campus.

and if you are trying to tell me that there's any type of culture in south carolina, besides what's growing in most of the resident's bathtubs or crawlspaces, you are sorely mistaken.

and if you are trying to tell me that there's any type of culture in south carolina, besides what's growing in most of the resident's bathtubs, you are sorely mistaken.

Hey, I resent that!

just a brash generalization......it's called sarcasm....

here's a disclaimer: not applicable to the49erfan's or joel_fiasco's bathtub or crawlspace! their bathtubs are cleaned daily with Comet and are clean enough to eat filet mignon from. there are no spider webs, insects, or rodents in their respective crawl spaces. hell, you can use their crawl space as a guest bedroom, that's how clean they are.

and if you are trying to tell me that there's any type of culture in south carolina, besides what's growing in most of the resident's bathtubs, you are sorely mistaken.

Hey, I resent that!

just a brash generalization......it's called sarcasm....

here's a disclaimer: not applicable to the49erfan's or joel_fiasco's bathtub or crawlspace! their bathtubs are cleaned daily with Comet and are clean enough to eat filet mignon from. there are no spider webs, insects, or rodents in their respective crawl spaces. hell, you can use their crawl space as a guest bedroom, that's how clean they are.

Haha, I know, I caught it. I'm not that easily offended...

Bathtub? What's a bathtub? :D We usually run down to the crick...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Hey, hey, hey! Can't we all just get along here?

i never heard that joke, nor do i care either way. i hate lou from his notre dame days.

personally, i'm a michigan state fan. i moved here 2 years ago, my wife works for clemson, therefore i like clemson by default, since i live 2 miles from campus.

and if you are trying to tell me that there's any type of culture in south carolina, besides what's growing in most of the resident's bathtubs or crawlspaces, you are sorely mistaken.

But joel, you didn't say "Holtz is a disgrace," you said we were.

After last year's fairly rotten season, we were ranked 57th--about the middle of the pack. I'm not bursting with pride over this, but we are hardly the '70s-era Tampa Bay Bucs of the NCAA.

And as for culture, you won't find much in that neck of the woods. Believe me, I spent the first 25 years of my life looking (I'm from the Piedmont myself). I've lived in Columbia, SC, and I've lived in New York City, and I do know enough not to confuse the two; but Columbia is a little better off in the culture department than Greenville.

Before the Civil War, South Carolina's (okay, Charleston's) cultured people and cultural institutions were comparable to any in the United States. Unfortunately, we had some dumb folks, too. Some of them were politicians.

And as for places in these United States that lack for culture, South Carolina contains some of them. Some others are below the Mason-Dixon line. Others are above. If I can believe an Illinois boy named Hemingway, one or two of them might be dangerously close to Michigan.

em

The Helmet Project's SEC section shows only one instance of a black helmet used by the Gamecocks from 1960 to the present. It's a fairly reliable source if you ask me, so I'd trust it.

As for Gamecock football, it's never done much for me, and this is coming from a Vanderbilt alumnus. Even Vanderbilt has managed to avoid the dreaded winless season, something South Carolina can't claim. An 11-10 victory in 1999 contributed to an 0-11 Gamecock season. Then they brought in Holtz.

I do give credit to USC for producing Duce Staley, though. I saw him rip up the Commodores well before anyone else from Philadelphia and its surroundings chanted his name.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

• 2 months later...

I posted this in the University of Arizona new helmet thread, but wanted to make sure it wasn't overlooked.

Holtz: Gamecocks will be back in black this season

Lou Holtz made it official Saturday: The Gamecocks will have a new look on game days.

USC will wear black jerseys and black helmets featuring the block ?C? insignia, Holtz told a crowd of about 600 at his sixth annual ladies clinic. USC sports information director Kerry Tharp said the Gamecocks would wear black jerseys and white pants at home and white jerseys with black pants on the road.

USC last wore black jerseys in the 2000 season opener when it beat New Mexico State 31-0 to snap a 21-game losing streak. The helmet design ? with white trim around the ?C? and no striping ? was chosen over a couple of other models, including one featuring an interlocking USC.

?It?s going to look good,? equipment manager Chris Matlock said. ?The Gamecock nation will be very happy.?

Matlock said the school has two sets of jerseys ? traditional mesh and a dry-mesh fabric that he believes will prevent players from overheating in the black jerseys on sunny days. Last year Holtz agreed to allow players? names on the back of the jerseys. At this point, Matlock said names would not be included.

The new helmet:

059.jpg

The new uniforms (with old helmet):

003.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

"Enjoy another season of being Clemson's beyotch!"

BEHAVE PEOPLE, OR I'LL SICK TRIPLE T (AKA SY PHI) ON YOU!

Archived