Stanley Cup Conference Finals Preview

NJTank

I'm still perplexed how you think the Penguins are going to be some big dynasty, as if similar to the Oiler's of the 80's. With the salary cap in place right now, I just can't see this happening.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Hopefully the curse will continue. With everytime Tank picks against the Stars they win.

Same thing with the Flyers.

Re: The Pens "Dynasty"... here's a napkin, you've got something on your chin.

philly.png

Red Wings take the first game in convincing fashion. After over a week off, they've picked up right where they left off in thrashing Colorado. Could this be one of those rare years where the Wings don't choke?

CCSLC signature.png

The play of Marty Turco has been the story of the playoffs in the Western Conference as the goalie who has often disappeared in the playoffs has been front and center in the Stars surprise run to the Conference Finals, highlighted by his 60-Save game in four overtimes as they beat the San Jose Sharks in six games.

Can that sentence be any longer with just one comma? Plus, you forgot to add that for his career, Marty Turco is winless in Detroit. After tonight, he still is. Plus, DET hasn't been to the Finals since 2001 and when looking at their roster, only Lindstrom, McCarty, Draper, Maltby, Datsyuk, Chelios, and the benched Hasek remain.

The Eastern Conference paragraph really is not a preview as there is noting said about the Flyers, but their name.

The play of Marty Turco has been the The Eastern Conference paragraph really is not a preview as there is noting said about the Flyers, but their name.

Like I said... I have a clean towel ready.

philly.png

They just are not that good I think they got some lucky breaks to get to the finals, if they were the seventh seed they would have been clobbered by the Penguins in the first round and if the were the fifth seed they would have been bounced by the Rangers.

They played a young Caps team and won Game 7 in OT, then they beat a young Canadiens team that was not as good as its record.

The Penguins have played better teams in the playoffs and annihilated them.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Better? You think Ottawa was better? Ottawa may have been the worst team coming into it, considering the shape that they were in, forget about seeding for a minute. Plus, I know it was 4-1, but lets face it, I know being a Devils fan you probably cant give the Rangers any credit either, but those games were close. The Rangers werent blown out at all. A few breaks their way and that series could have been 3-2 Rangers after 5. Bottom line is the Flyers beat the top team in the conference in 5 games, twice in their building. If you think it was just because of hot goaltending and guys getting timely goals, who's to say that wont continue to happen? That is something you should be used to as a Devils fan. Your team won 3 cups from great goaltending, and guys coming up with big goals, not to mention the trap. Its not always about who has more talent. Being the hockey guru that you seem to be, you should know that. Hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard. Maybe if Kovalev didnt decide to take nights off like he usually does, the series could have been a little closer.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Everything about the Flyers in this years playoffs has gone against not only the assumptions of every hockey analyst out there, but also the quantum physics and theoretical science that goes with Philadelphia sports. For one, winning a game 7 played on the road. For two, winning against the Canadiens in game 5 (also on the road) when past history has proven that having lost a game they could have won and thereby would have swept Montreal they should have proceeded to lost game 5,6 and 7. With that said, if the Giants can win the Super Bowl the Flyers can make it to the Finals. I'm not going to say they can win it, but when there are only 4 teams left they stand as much a chance as anyone else.

Not that it matters but during the regular season the Flyers won 5 of the 8 games they played against Pittsburgh.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

The most impressive thing about the Flyers, is that aren't they doing so well in the playoffs without Simon Gagne who is injured? Gagne is arguably their most talented player, and they have made a great run without him.

Anyway, I hope that the Flyers win, because all we'll be feed with is how Sidney Crosby "carried the Pens to the Stanley Cup Finals" when it was an entire team effort. Same thing would of happened with the Ovechkin if the Capitals went further.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

There is not much to say about the Flyers they are probably the worst team to make a Conference Final in a long time and stand no chance.

Says the Devils Fan

:lol:

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Red Wings take the first game in convincing fashion. After over a week off, they've picked up right where they left off in thrashing Colorado. Could this be one of those rare years where the Wings don't choke?

Hope not!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived