Reds vests

edensker

When the Reds changed their basic uniform set in 2007, they dumped the vests. I wish that they would have kept at least one vest as an alternate.

This is not only because I have always loved the vested look, but also because the Reds were among the teams to really bring about the popularity of the vest both in the 1950s and again in the 1990s. My longing for the vests is made all the more torturous when I see so many other teams still cultivating the look. Alas.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When the Reds changed their basic uniform set in 2007, they dumped the vests. I wish that they would have kept at least one vest as an alternate.

This is not only because I have always loved the vested look, but also because the Reds were among the teams to really bring about the popularity of the vest both in the 1950s and again in the 1990s. My longing for the vests is made all the more torturous when I see so many other teams still cultivating the look. Alas.

Somebody needs to get laid (especially after reading the second paragraph)

Wow, you're cool, bro; awesome witty retort, too. Seriously, anyone who makes comments about a complete stranger's sex life (or lack thereof) probably isn't getting any themselves. <_<

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Wow, you're cool, bro; awesome witty retort, too. Seriously, anyone who makes comments about a complete stranger's sex life (or lack thereof) probably isn't getting any themselves. <_<

And someone who comments about someone who comment's about a complete stranger's sex life DEFINITELY isn't getting any themselves.

And someone who comments about someone who comment's about a complete stranger's sex life DEFINITELY isn't getting any themselves.

That'd be tough seeing as how I'm married and have a daughter. But thanks for playing.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

That'd be tough seeing as how I'm married and have a daughter. But thanks for playing.

..... So are you saying you're not getting any from EITHER? Damn. I'm sorry. That's like double-rejection.

..... So are you saying you're not getting any from EITHER? Damn. I'm sorry. That's like double-rejection.

Wow....you're reaching NoHoJoe levels of stupidity here. First, you criticize another member of the board for making an observation about a jersey (FWI: that's what this forum is about). Then, you embarrass yourself further by attacking another member of the board (instead of just manning up and admitting that your joke wasn't funny). Finally, for the icing on the cake, you somehow misunderstand a simple English sentence. So, please, enlighten me: are you acting like an idiot on purpose or does this come naturally to you?

Where's that popcorn smiley when you need it?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Wow....you're reaching NoHoJoe levels of stupidity here. First, you criticize another member of the board for making an observation about a jersey (FWI: that's what this forum is about). Then, you embarrass yourself further by attacking another member of the board (instead of just manning up and admitting that your joke wasn't funny). Finally, for the icing on the cake, you somehow misunderstand a simple English sentence. So, please, enlighten me: are you acting like an idiot on purpose or does this come naturally to you?

NoHoJoe? Okay.... I don't speak "backwoods hick" lingo so I'll just skip over that term....

Here is a better question for you: If you consider me to be stupid, embarassing, misunderstanding, unmanly, and idiotic (none of which I have called you), yet you continue to have a dialogue with me, what does that make YOU? Please enlighten me. ^_^

NoHoJoe? Okay.... I don't speak "backwoods hick" lingo so I'll just skip over that term....

Here is a better question for you: If you consider me to be stupid, embarassing, misunderstanding, unmanly, and idiotic (none of which I have called you), yet you continue to have a dialogue with me, what does that make YOU? Please enlighten me. ^_^

1) I'm no backwoods hick. I'm from New York City, which is about as far from hick territory as one can get.

2) NoHoJoe is an exceedingly annoying member of this board.

3) Do you realize that your response is essentially "I know you are, but what am I?" Have I suddenly been sucked back through time to when I was in elementary school?

1) I'm no backwoods hick. I'm from New York City, which is about as far from hick territory as one can get.

3) Do you realize that your response is essentially "I know you are, but what am I?" Have I suddenly been sucked back through time to when I was in elementary school?

Considering that is your highest form of education, I'm not sure what other learning institution you could have been sucked back to. So, probably.

Considering that is your highest form of education, I'm not sure what other learning institution you could have been sucked back to. So, probably.

I feel that by arguing with someone of your intelligence, I am actually losing brains cells. In fact, your unimaginative, simple insults have led me to believe that you are somewhere in the range 13-15 years old. If so, isn't it a bit past your bed time?

I feel that by arguing with someone of your intelligence, I am actually losing brains cells. In fact, your unimaginative, simple insults have led me to believe that you are somewhere in the range 13-15 years old. If so, isn't it a bit past your bed time?

Well, I am good practice. If you ever get a GED or anything you will need to learn to think critically, reason, etc. so don't get discouraged when arguing with someone of my intelligence. Think of it as practice.

Another tip: Age and intelligence aren't really correlated that well. You are living proof.... consideirng that you are married and have a kid, yet still are such a..... well, let's just say you are a little slow,. Yet there are kids in elementary school out there who can do calculus. I have no idea how you got 13-15, nor do I know how that is relevant in terms of intelligence.

And most 13-15 year olds dont really have bedtimes. When you grow up (at least mentally) you will (or should) be allowed to stay up as late as you want! Like even past midnight! But right now you need a bedtime so that once you are in bed your wife can make her nightly trip over to my place.... damn can you get to bed already...... oh :censored:, I've said too much.

Archived