NBA Alternates Concepts

GoDawgs08

Alternates.jpg

This is my first jab at some NBA alternate uniforms. I love the NBA because of the flexibility that goes along with the unfirom design, but some teams havnt taken advantage of that. Here are some uniforms I think need to be worn on the hardwood.

temp.png

The Nuggets one is about 10 years too late. The font numbers are huge on these, and keep in mind that you're setting yourself up for failure if you start cranking out concepts as soon as you sign up. Slow down, and remember, quality over quantity.

VmWIn6B.png

What happened to the unique number styles Atlanta, Dallas and Charlotte wear? These aren't big departures from their regular sets, so I don't think they'd want to break up their brand continuity by slapping different numbers on their alts.

Keep in mind, when posting concepts, try not too toot your own horn, so to speak.

The numbers on all of these are unnecessarily huge, especially on the Bobcats' ones.

The Hawks: I already got to that about a month ago:

HawksAltConcept.png

The Celtics would never wear a predominantly black uniform. Their current alts cut it close as it is, and they know it.

The Bobcats ones aren't doing it, for me at least.

The Mavericks' current green alt is great as it is.

The Nuggets ones though, I must say, are kind of striking. I like the possibilities with this set.

Yeah, Ive seen that red Hawks alternate alot...because so many people expected that one to show up, and it probably will next year. However, my Hawks "red" version is tweaked a bit.

Alot of people are saying yes, its simple, but you cant expect much more from the NBA than simple. If the Hawks wear red, it probably will be a reverse of the blue road uniforms, or something sleak and simple like the one I posted.

temp.png

I hope this doesnt sound too harsh, because I'm not exactly a desginer myself, but I dont like any of these.

-The hawks one -- why did you change the number font?

-Celtics one---NO to an predominantly black uni for the Celtics. Theres enough controversy with their black trim alternate.

-Mavs one---No.

-Nuggets ones---those look like turn ahead the clock unis from 1993.

-Bobcats one---Why change the number font...

The only good thing I see is the side paneliing on the Bobcats unis, I like that.

Yeah, Ive seen that red Hawks alternate alot...because so many people expected that one to show up, and it probably will next year. However, my Hawks "red" version is tweaked a bit.

Alot of people are saying yes, its simple, but you cant expect much more from the NBA than simple. If the Hawks wear red, it probably will be a reverse of the blue road uniforms, or something sleak and simple like the one I posted.

It's not the NBA that designs the uniforms. And there's no way you've seen that red alt a lot, I've only posted it once in a thread a few months ago after I made it. And how is that justified as sleek and simple? Its pretty much the same as that. As far as i'm concerned there isnt too much original work you've done here. Try again.

The Nuggets concept by itself would be terrific. It's retro-inspired, but it'd work if the Nuggets were to go back to their old color scheme.

But that's really the only highlight in this set. All the others could really use some more work.

Im not saying the Hawks design is original, but do you really think Atlanta would pull anything out more interesting than that? Its very likely that Red one you have will be the Hawks alternate when they get one. And plenty have expected the red design like that to surface eventually, thats what I meant.

temp.png

524998524_ac79a659b9_o.jpg

Good times. Good, good, awful times. :P

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I really like the dallas one. how do you guys feel about those silver ones they wore in 2002?

2787630302.jpg

i liked those and i like the light blue.

Worst uniform in the history of the NBA, IMO. There's a reason why it was only worn once.

Not sure if you misunderstood my comment, but I meant that it looks like a futuristic version of the unis they wore in 1993.

Not sure if you misunderstood my comment, but I meant that it looks like a futuristic version of the unis they wore in 1993.

1993?? it says 1999 on the picture

*bangs head on table* No, Im talking about the Nuggets. I dont even know how baseball uniforms got to be part of this thread. The original posters Nuggets concept looks like a futuristic version of the uniforms the Nuggets wore in 1993. Like if in 1993, if they had a "turn a head the clock night" for the Nuggets, the uniforms might look like the ones the orginial poster drew up. NOT the baseball uniforms.

Archived