UAB goes Nike in Football

Slammersman

I wish they stuck with what they had. But, since the old design was during the Watson Brown era, I guess Callaway wanted to go with a new design. They still could have stuck with the logo on the left leg, though. They just look too plain.

I wish they stuck with what they had. But, since the old design was during the Watson Brown era, I guess Callaway wanted to go with a new design. They still could have stuck with the logo on the left leg, though. They just look too plain.

WHAT!!!! Someone thinks a uniform is too plain? Lately uniforms that have gone outside of tradition have been getting trashed. I agree though. Too plain. I wish a team would break out something that ties in their mascots. Even the NFL doesn't do this. Just making a design and putting a logo on doesn't make it inclusive. I think the Chargers are the only team that really does this in any football level. Maybe I am wrong. Sorry to go off topic there but inclusion of the dragon ala the NY Dragons older pre Nike unis would have looked great.

WHAT!!!! Someone thinks a uniform is too plain? Lately uniforms that have gone outside of tradition have been getting trashed. I agree though. Too plain. I wish a team would break out something that ties in their mascots. Even the NFL doesn't do this. Just making a design and putting a logo on doesn't make it inclusive. I think the Chargers are the only team that really does this in any football level. Maybe I am wrong. Sorry to go off topic there but inclusion of the dragon ala the NY Dragons older pre Nike unis would have looked great.

Hmmm.... Bengals, maybe?

Being from AL, notice how all the major colleges are now wearing other threads than that of an AL company, Russell? Why is that?

UAB still sucks, though. GO TROJANS!

Probably because there is less pressure to do so now. When Berkshire Hathaway bought the company they've slowly began to move most of the production out of Alexander City, Alabama and to other, more cost effective, places. Also most of the corporate business is done at the Atlanta headquarters and not in Alex City (which is probably a reason that UT Chattanooga and Georgia Tech are both still Russell Schools).

Russell has developed a unique niche for small colleges and high school and they will probably stick to that for the time being.

Archived