Phillies Road Alternate

JayJaxon

The font I used for this one is the same as the font used on the back of the Phillies uniforms for the name. I considered using the traditional 'P' on the hat, but since I was using a different font for the jersey, I didn't want to do that. Was that a good idea? As with the other Phillies jerseys, I added the number to the sleeve. Do these colors look good like this? Should I use this concept on a gray road jersey? I look forward to hearing what you guys think.

Phils2.jpg

iv seen most of ur posts. I like them all. and i could care less about how much you post. do it 100 times a day for that matter. but everyone isnt like me. because they will start ignorring you if you do more them a few a week. i had like 10 in one week a month ago and people started hating me!

as for the concept. I love it! you should def make a road like this!

iv seen most of ur posts. I like them all. and i could care less about how much you post. do it 100 times a day for that matter. but everyone isnt like me. because they will start ignorring you if you do more them a few a week. i had like 10 in one week a month ago and people started hating me!

as for the concept. I love it! you should def make a road like this!

That's because you just start posting stuff without getting feedback first. That's the point of this thread. You can post all you want, but people, like you said, are just gonna start ignoring you because you seem like you're just posting for the sake of posting. When you put up a concept, it should be to get legitimate feedback, which isn't gonna happen when you have 10 different concepts (or in your case 10, with about half of them having the same thing as another concept you've posted) up at the same time. When you post one, wait for the critiques. Some may be good, some may be bad. But they're there to help you improve. And you can't be seriously paying attention to those comments when you're busy putting up another rushed-looking concept while instead of reviewing the comments from your previous one. And thus, no one's actually think that you're taking it seriously and aren't gonna leave you positive remarks. Look back and you'll see some of the best artists to post concepts on here have a great deal of time in between their posts. This allows for time for others to see them, and provide accurate feedback, which in turn could help the artist improve a following concept, and so on and so forth, and could ultimately lead to a consistent high level of quality work. Think about it.

On topic, this one has some potential. I'd prefer to see the wordmark from the prototype back from when they switched to this style, but this isn't bad. The hat seems a little more suitable for a BP hat though. Replace it with the previous "Interleague" hat, which is essentially the same thing, but with the white 'P'/blue star logo in place of the Liberty Bell.

On topic, this one has some potential. I'd prefer to see the wordmark from the prototype back from when they switched to this style, but this isn't bad. The hat seems a little more suitable for a BP hat though. Replace it with the previous "Interleague" hat, which is essentially the same thing, but with the white 'P'/blue star logo in place of the Liberty Bell.

Philly_hat.jpg

Would something like this work?

Although I know people complain there's too much red/blue/insert whatever color the concept they're looking at happens to be in baseball, I actually really like the idea of a red phillies jersey. The font you used, however, just doesn't work for me. I like that you kept the sleeve numbers though.

The idea of a liberty bell hat intrigues me. I think you should lose the outline, but, without it, I'd really like to see what one of these babys would look like in real life. I REALLY like the idea of the P inside the liberty bell. Others may think its too busy, but, if it were rendered in stitching as a slight depression in the liberty bell, I think it could look really, really cool.

I concur on everything McCall said to Jake. You'll never get better if you don't take time to update and improve your old concepts and really read and listen to feedback on them before just posting new ones. Also, you double post when updating posts instead of editing them, which just pads your post count. It's mildly annoying.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Also, you double post when updating posts instead of editing them, which just pads your post count. It's mildly annoying.

I wanted to address this first. I have no idea what this means! lol. If you can explain to me what I need to do, I'll do that from now on.

Now as far as the jersey goes, I would like it a lot better myself if it would spell out Philadelphia in the traditional Phillies word mark that is on the current jerseys. I wouldn't even know where to begin to do that, because I am just starting out with this. I am having the same problem with the Angels road jersey.

The hat with the 'P' inside the bell was what I wanted to do at first for the set, and I think it would look good on the team. But something like that would probably not get much further than a batting practice set. I appreciate the feedback so far.

I have noticed that people are at least willing to embrace something along the lines of this. Unfortunately my first choice is something I am just not capable of creating at this point. I am working on it though! Thanks again for the feedback.

I concur on everything McCall said to Jake. You'll never get better if you don't take time to update and improve your old concepts and really read and listen to feedback on them before just posting new ones. Also, you double post when updating posts instead of editing them, which just pads your post count. It's mildly annoying.

yeh but when you edit your first post poeple that are just looking dont know what all the comeents are saying. i think looking over a conversation is cool. seeing a logo/jersey in the works is very cool

Also, you double post when updating posts instead of editing them, which just pads your post count. It's mildly annoying.

I wanted to address this first. I have no idea what this means! lol. If you can explain to me what I need to do, I'll do that from now on.

He means post an update in the thread as a new post instead of editing the original.

And I don't think people are bashing you, just offering advice on what is generally done here and also it will help you get better, like McCall said, it is better to take one concept then go as far as you can with it instead of posting four at a time. I'm glad to see you've become more dedicated to each concept, though, and don't be afraid of posting a concept because of this. Also your work is very clean and well executed and I must commend you for that

yeh but when you edit your first post poeple that are just looking dont know what all the comeents are saying. i think looking over a conversation is cool. seeing a logo/jersey in the works is very cool

Here's what you can do: When you edit the first post, also edit the topic subtitle and say "Updated" and then say the date and time so people will know it has been updated. Also you could maybe put a note about the update if you are responding to C&C or whatever. I mean I don't really have a problem about posting to show an update but others do and so you should try to comply.

About the concept, could you explain what you did for the font? It's the name font, you're saying? I may be misunderstanding but you seem to contradict yourself in the opening paragraph. I like the red and having that font is a good idea to fit "Philadelphia" in. However, I think you should try messing around with the order of the colors on that wordmark because I don't really like the red on red. Also, the "9" on the sleeve is way too big and I don't think it should be there anyway.

On the hat, I'll start off with my biggest problem. Try a different color than red. Maybe blue? I think that would singlehandedly make this concept better. Also I don't think the Liberty Bell works on the helmet in that way, but I would like to see it in red on blue first. If not, go with the regular "P." (or even a "P" in this new font?)

I like the jersey alot. When i first heard the rumors that the Phillies were getting an alternate, I thought they would do something like this. I like the amount of blue on the jersey. But for the hat I would just use the alternate/interleague hat they have now.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I like the jersey alot. When i first heard the rumors that the Phillies were getting an alternate, I thought they would do something like this. I like the amount of blue on the jersey. But for the hat I would just use the alternate/interleague hat they have now.

I am very happy to know that I Phillies fan likes the jersey. Thanks!

Now I wanted to change a couple of things based off what you guys have told me so far. I added some blue by changing the colors of the word mark. I dropped the size on the number on the sleeve. (I thought it was a little too big myself.) and the hat got a complete overhaul. I also added the stars. Is that over-doing it? Right now I'm on the fence about it. But let's see what you guys think.

UPDATE: I added a second overhaul that has some changes as well

Phils3.jpg

Phils4.jpg

Archived