Manchester United concept

KaTo

This is my latest concept of the champions of Europe Man United. As a United-Fan, i really love traditional kits, like the ones they wore back in 2006/2007. With my concept, I tried to keep the kits very simple and kinda retro. But I also tried to include some modern features, which is really important for a good jersey, I think. I wanted to put a trademark on the kit, which surely had to be the Red Devil. However, you can find it on the back of the shirt now.

For the home kit, I kept red-white-black of course. I don't wanna mess up with tradition. The home one is very very simple with red all over and white highlights, like the vertical stripe under the arm. I tried to pick up the idea of the vertical stripe on shorts and socks, too. On the shorts, the stripe of the jersey continues in black. However, on the socks it's on the back and red on black. Traditional United socks. The collar and the end of the arms are white, in remember of the Busy Babe's kits.

For the away kit, I picked white-blue-white. I really think those fit United, for away colors. I chose a different style compared to the home kit, which is even more classic, I guess. However, I introduced new colors for the away kit, as black and white-black were the dominating colors in the last years.

For the third shirt, I wanted to include blue, as the team wore it back in 1968, when they won the UCL for the first time. A plain blue shirt would be way too boring I think, so I added red,like the 2006 shirt. I really like the blue-red one so this decision wasn't that hard, allthough I really like the black kits, too.

I also added another shirt, which was just an idea of making a real-retro kit. However, this is not actually a kit of my set.

yjmy5hs6.png

lukztr3y.png

tmumyq4j.png

zchtsqig.png

I would really appreciate some comments.

I have to agree this set of kits just does not look traditional. And is a downgrade from this season. If you want to make this more traditional drop the third kit, add a collar, change the font on the name and number. And oh yeah I hate ManU as well.

As I said the third kit is less traditional than the others. For the font, ough, I just had no good fonts, that was the only one that fitted, but without any font it would look very empty, see what I mean?

I agree that the font needs to change. I like the home kit but I am not really feeling the clash kit. Man U has traditionally gone with two combos of red-white-black and then one different colour. I would add the collar to the clash and change the colour combo. I like the blue shirt but I think that you should take off the red part on the outside of the sleeve as it doesn't fit with the rest of the pattern. Also for the kit at the end, I like the idea but I think you should minimize the use of black as it kind of bogs down the other colours. By the way, United forever, it's nice to see a concept for my favourite team.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

Your intention was for the concept to be more traditional and retro, but the fonts you chose simply leans toward the opposite extreme. With those fonts, its just about as un-traditional as it can get really... You say you have no good fonts, but I'm sure just about every computer has Times New Roman, but while I'm not suggesting that Times is a suitable font for this concept or any design material for any matter, certainly it is at the very least more "traditional and retro" than what you have used.

Also, I'm not sure why the red kit isn't arced, while the others are. I think I'd rather see some consistency there.

Wade-sig.png

I like the home kit, simple and definately says United. Not such a fan of the away kits, though the white shirt and blue shorts DOES work for me. Again, it's clean and simple, though I would like to see a darker shade of blue. As much as it pains me, I have really started to think of change kits in terms of mixing and matching with the home kit, as it seems all parts of the two teams' kit must clash now. So I can't see yours working should United ever need to change their white shorts. That Newton Heath change kit is awesome though, I really think you should think about including it in your set.

°UPDATE° °UPDATE° °UPDATE° °UPDATE° °UPDATE° °UPDATE° °UPDATE° °UPDATE° °UPDATE° °UPDATE°

What I updated:

+ changed the fonts

+ changed the first style (used for home and 4th kit), mainly to use arced lettering

+ added a new detail: 1878 under the crest on the back

+ added EPL / Champions League logo

+ added two stripes to the away shirt to get more blue into it

+ added mesh to the 2nd style (away & 3rd kit)

+ added a collar on the 4th kit

+ removed the green stripe from the black short, to make it fit to the 4th AND the home shirt

+ removed the red stripe at the end of the arm (3rd kit)

efrmh6qt.png

b98we32t.png

k6r3s979.png

yfqfge93.png

perhaps ...

manurehappens.png

:P

Oh, c'mon. Yeah, it's OK (if not encouraged) to hate Man. U, but don't do that. It's unfair to KaTo to just spit your dislike of the Red Devils.

As for the concept itself, I really like the Newton Heath homage and that you added a collar. Good stuff.

Archived