New A&E network logo

CubsFanBudMan

Noticed this in the bottom corner while flipping channels last night. Not on their site yet, but it's on Wiki:

175px-2008_AETV_Logo.png

Old at left:

footer_logos.jpg

It's still hard for me to think of A&E without thinking it still has shows like Nero Wolfe, Poirot, and Horatio Hornblower.

It's changed a bit since those days...

Noticed this in the bottom corner while flipping channels last night. Not on their site yet, but it's on Wiki:

175px-2008_AETV_Logo.png

Old at left:

footer_logos.jpg

It's still hard for me to think of A&E without thinking it still has shows like Nero Wolfe, Poirot, and Horatio Hornblower.

Unfortunately, not for the better. I can barely watch A&E anymore, but in the late 80's and early 90's my cable box was almost always on channel 26. And then when it went downhill TLC became the "go to" channel until it too took a turn into crapville.

Logo, upgrade.

As for the network I agree with others downgrade. What happened to the Biography show? They don't even have it on the Bio. anymore.

Not sure, but in today's over-segmentized, overly specialized non-watcheable TV, there may be enough interest for a specialty channel about, let's say Biographies period?

On the topic of the logo, I think it's a downgrade, as I find the previous one classier.

This new one is identical in concept to 2 or 3 other logos I see frequently (in tones of green, if I could only remember what ...for some reason I think Computer Associates, Payroll preparaiton, Appliances Service type of business)

And it looks like the A&E website still had the old one on...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

175px-2008_AETV_Logo.png

Old at left:

footer_logos.jpg

Unfortunately, not for the better. I can barely watch A&E anymore, but in the late 80's and early 90's my cable box was almost always on channel 26. And then when it went downhill TLC became the "go to" channel until it too took a turn into crapville.

I agree, although I do watch The First 48 on a regular basis. That's the only show I tune to A&E for.

Very nice. Very clean. I love how they have made the ampersand the same weight as the letters. Also, the use of negative space to create the contrasting characters is superb.

But what I like best about this logo change is that it specifically ditches the lighting gradient. I am extremely weary of all that whizbangery that is meant to simulate depth: gradient, shadows, bevelling.

Three cheers for straight-up 2-D!

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Very nice. Very clean. I love how they have made the ampersand the same weight as the letters. Also, the use of negative space to create the contrasting characters is superb.

But what I like best about this logo change is that it specifically ditches the lighting gradient. I am extremely weary of all that whizbangery that is meant to simulate depth: gradient, shadows, bevelling.

Three cheers for straight-up 2-D!

If you look around their site, you should find a few different version in solid 2-D... which allows me to say that I still prefer the old one...

:)

@Frenchie_TO

Logo, upgrade.

As for the network I agree with others downgrade. What happened to the Biography show? They don't even have it on the Bio. anymore.

Not sure, but in today's over-segmentized, overly specialized non-watcheable TV, there may be enough interest for a specialty channel about, let's say Biographies period?

On the topic of the logo, I think it's a downgrade, as I find the previous one classier.

You must of missed the part where I said they didn't even have it on the Biography channel anymore (which is called Bio. now).

Logo, upgrade.

You must of missed the part where I said they didn't even have it on the Biography channel anymore (which is called Bio. now).

:wacko:

Ooops! I did!!!

isn't there still an area on the website dedicated to Biographies???

If I had to pay for A&E, that would have been 50% of the reason, the other being Old Law & Orders 5 nights a week.

@Frenchie_TO

Archived