Fun With PANTONE Textile Colors!

TruColor

I'm trying to get my stuff together for a new edition of the old Fun With PANTONE Textiles game. This is a game where I present a list of color descriptions and everyone tries to figure out which team the colors belong to. See - PANTONE Textile colors (the colors used for fabrics) have actual color descriptions attached to them, and they sound pretty silly when you list a team's color palette using these goofy descriptions. For example, I could list "Classic Blue" and "Tomato". The answer is:

ChicagoCubs_FRC_9999_TEX_SRGB.jpg

The current Chicago Cubs palette. Note that I am ignoring the "Bright White" and the Road Uniform Gray ("Storm Gray"). I'll explain in a minute.

Old-timers will probably remember how this works, but here are the ground-rules for the newbies:

• I'm only including the following leagues: MLB, NFL, NFL Europa, NBA, WNBA, D-League. I don't have all of the current NHL Textile colors; when I do, I will start including them. (I wish I did!)
  • Every team will have "Bright White" as a color, but I'm excluding it from the questions. Kinda superfluous.
  • For the MLB, I'm ignoring the Road Grays. I don't have hard evidence that they're 100% accurate anyway.
  • Remember, no NHL.

Let me know if any of you guys want to play; once I get some confirmation from a few of you, I'll start.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I get a couple more guys to participate, I'll start.

Oh - and let's skip NFL Europa for now...I just noticed that I have some issues in my database for that league. I'll fix it, and include them later.

I googled peacoat and got some sort of grayish navy blue color. The closest team I can think of (with the help of sportslogos.net) is the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Just read the hint.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I googled peacoat and got some sort of grayish navy blue color. The closest team I can think of (with the help of sportslogos.net) is the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Good guess, but no.

However, the league is correct...NBA.

Archived