brevard college tornados

leggman01

One of my pledge brothers in my fraternity played baseball for Brevard before transferring...kinda cool to see a concept of a pretty small local school.

Like mings said, I would find some way to put motion lines on the tornado...it does look static. Kinda like if you turned it upside-down, it looks like a soft serve ice cream cone.

I'd also make the outline around the wordmark thinner.

Other than that, it's solid. Simple, but solid.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I actually had another idea....on the Brevard County Tornados wordmark, align it with the top of the tornado (and have the tornado be under the nado part of the wordmark) to have the wordmark act like a funnel cloud. That might help as well. It would be in an abstract way but I think it would add to it.

Send it to them, they will love it!

i did, and they didn't :) - i also worked up versions for centenary college and king college and sent unsolicited proposals to them, as well...they shot it down, as well - there aren't many college/universities with cyclones or tornados as a nickname,

mings/49ers fan - my first sketch had some extra lines, but when i vectorized the sketch, i felt like the simplified version just looked better...maybe i'll go back and vectorize the other one...

fnz - the font is berthold city bold italic...i use it way too much, but it's just one of my favorite athletic fonts - and i'm partial to the bc+tornado logo, as well...i really like the way it turned out, and i too love it on the helmet

thanks for the comments

jldesigns404eo.png

I like the BC+Tornado.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

i think the tornado logo looks very solid, no changed needed and no more detail in it necessary- the simplistic nature of it is what i like most about it. for a college that has no identity, they would be insane to turn it down but sometimes change is hard to force upon certain groups.

anyhow, solid design.

Archived