SEC East

GoDawgs08

Alright, so Ive dont a quick set of the SEC East. This is definitely a rough draft, so tell me what I could do to them. Im gonna go next into the SEC West and the ACC. I am going to go back and do some concepts for the teams w/o alternates as well.

SouthCarolinaGamecocks.png

GeorgiaBulldogs.png

TennesseeVolunteers.png

VanderbiltCommodores.png

FloridaGators.png

temp.png

I know UGA football enough to know they aren't concepts.

First off, check the size of your numbers(front, shoulder, and sleeve). They are huge.

Then fix the shoulder numbers. They don't come down all the way like that.

Then make the helmet logos smaller.

Include manufacture's logos.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Pardon the threadjack, but you're trying to do something like this?

2226785464_b344632818_b.jpg

I have between 20-30 teams done so far, but I had to take a break from it.

You have to expand your detective work to find good pictures. The first place is obviously the school's website. Then check its opponents' sites. Then newspapers, CNN/SI, Getty Images, and so on. It's painstaking, but it can be done.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Thats what im aiming for. Maybe not as much as you. The uniforms presented on the logo site are set up like mine. Just the helmet, and uniform, none of the extra toppings. Another question, is there anyplace to get good number fonts? I know for college teams that might be impossible to come by.

temp.png

I draw most everything myself. You have to look very closely, because in many cases the shoulder/sleeve/helmet numbers are different from the front/back versions.

Another thing...if you're doing this as a reference guide (as it appears you are), I would find a template without the shadowing. Reference material should aim more toward accuracy then making it look 3-D. In some cases where teams have subtle sublimated patterns (like the new Hawai'i uniforms), the shading can make a jersey appear to have mutiple colors when it should be solid.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Alright, so Ive dont a quick set of the SEC East. This is definitely a rough draft, so tell me what I could do to them. Im gonna go next into the SEC West and the ACC. I am going to go back and do some concepts for the teams w/o alternates as well.

SouthCarolinaGamecocks.png

GeorgiaBulldogs.png

TennesseeVolunteers.png

VanderbiltCommodores.png

FloridaGators.png

temp.png

I'm going to ask an honest question that crossed my mind. Are you doing concepts of what the uniforms could look like or are you just illustrating what they have? If you're doing a concept, to my knowledge you didn't do anything different and if I was grading it on a concept level it'd be a failing grade. If you're doing an illustration of what they wear/wore, I'd give you an A because they are solid representations of what they wear/wore.

im basically covering all 119 FBS teams. Ive done about 13 so far, but heres the SEC East. They still need work, I added the helmet stripes to the Gators, and the logo on the pants of UK. Those both flew over my head, but again its a rough draft.

I did however create alternate jerseys for teams that dont have them

temp.png

good points ill take into account, but does anyone know how accurate the SC ones are? I cant find good pictures of those anywhere

2007_allcombos.jpg

in you singnature the "carolina" on the black jersey isn't outlined in red, its just white

It's outlined. It's just the quality of the gif.

good points ill take into account, but does anyone know how accurate the SC ones are? I cant find good pictures of those anywhere

2007_allcombos.jpg

in you singnature the "carolina" on the black jersey isn't outlined in GARNET, its just white

fixed that...and you just can't see the outline, it is there.

Archived