Javon Walker apparent victim of robbery, found unconscious

roxfan00

And now I am posting here (and intended to before I got to that point of the thread). There's no relevance between the two situations. Further, to combine my views with Gothamite's views in order to create some fake hypocritical poster just so you can try and make a joke--well it's just sad really. Sometimes you two bring some strong, insightful opinions to discussions (whether I agree or not) and then sometimes you bring less than nothing hoping to the funny guy. Rarely are you. I'd have ignored it altogether if I wasn't already intending to respond in this thread.

To suggest Walker deserved this or brought it upon himself is absurd. Walker was being stupid. But spraying people with champagne isn't a reason to get beaten unconscious. Bragging about and blowing your fortune also is not a reason.

There may have been lessons to be learned from the Darent Williams situation, but I don't think he ignored them necessarily. If Darent Williams was killed for spraying Dom, he was not in the wrong (stupid again, not deserving of much more than a look and some words). That would be liking saying if some whack job got my friend for spraying him with a water gun. I'm not supposed to use water guns anymore?

If Darent Williams was killed because he got in a dispute at a bar, well, yes, Walker should know to avoid such incidents. But Walker is just supposed to avoid clubs all together because once something bad happened at one? That seems crazy.

Walker should grow up a little, but so far as I can tell, he didn't do anything whatsoever that justifies what happened to him.

And now I am posting here (and intended to before I got to that point of the thread). There's no relevance between the two situations. Further, to combine my views with Gothamite's views in order to create some fake hypocritical poster just so you can try and make a joke--well it's just sad really. Sometimes you two bring some strong, insightful opinions to discussions (whether I agree or not) and then sometimes you bring less than nothing hoping to the funny guy. Rarely are you. I'd have ignored it altogether if I wasn't already intending to respond in this thread.

To suggest Walker deserved this or brought it upon himself is absurd. Walker was being stupid. But spraying people with champagne isn't a reason to get beaten unconscious. Bragging about and blowing your fortune also is not a reason.

There may have been lessons to be learned from the Darent Williams situation, but I don't think he ignored them necessarily. If Darent Williams was killed for spraying Dom, he was not in the wrong (stupid again, not deserving of much more than a look and some words). That would be liking saying if some whack job got my friend for spraying him with a water gun. I'm not supposed to use water guns anymore?

If Darent Williams was killed because he got in a dispute at a bar, well, yes, Walker should know to avoid such incidents. But Walker is just supposed to avoid clubs all together because once something bad happened at one? That seems crazy.

Walker should grow up a little, but so far as I can tell, he didn't do anything whatsoever that justifies what happened to him.

Thank you. That's exactly what I was going for.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

If Darent Williams was killed because he got in a dispute at a bar, well, yes, Walker should know to avoid such incidents.

That was exactly my point.

If you throw a match on gasoline once, you ought to know better than to throw another match.

Does that make the people who attacked him right? Of course not. They're still criminals, and ought to be dealt with as harshly as the law will allow. But knowing better does make him significantly responsible for the consequences of his actions.

Maybe that's not fair, in an idea world anyone should be able to act anyway they choose without fear of consequences. But in this reality, that's the way it works. If you wear blue facepaint and a "Eagles Suck" jersey to a Giants game in Lincoln Financial Field, you run the risk of having some brain-dead moron take a swing at you. If you do it twice, then you really should see that swing coming.

But Walker didn't get in a dispute at a bar again.

He was out having fun and did something a bit ignorant that rubbed someone the wrong way. It's not just that he wouldn't have to worry about this in a perfect world, he shouldn't have to worry about it in any world.

My understanding of the Williams situation was that they let a situation escalate. Walker wasn't given a chance to escalate or qualm this situation. He bothered some people and got a ridiculously brutal beat down because of it.

What he did was boneheaded, but by no means should it be expected to even cross his mind that someone might nearly take his life because of it.

My point is that this situation is so far removed from the Williams situation that I think it's crazy to think he should have learned something that would have prevented this.

No one deserves to be beaten unconscious, but Walker clearly hasn't learned his lesson.

A few things to add:

- Darrent Williams wasn't the one spraying the champagne on the night he was killed, according to most reports. It was either Javon Walker or Brandon Marshall. The drive-by targeted those guys but Darrent Williams is the one who ended up dying.

- Javon Walker skipped Darrent Williams' funeral and was seen out partying at a club that night.

My point is that this situation is so far removed from the Williams situation that I think it's crazy to think he should have learned something that would have prevented this.

No, you think not clubbin' it up, spraying and flaunting your wealth, and generally acting the fool isn't something he should have learned by now? Esp. with the recent and heavy league-wide crackdown on ANY off-field impropriety?

Then god help us all.

Not quite sure how in the hell you think the situation is all that removed from the Darent Williams tragedy. He should have learned something. Apparently he didn't.

Hell, look at Ray Lewis. Been a MODEL citizen and upstanding member of the NFL community ever since his issues back in the late 90s. He learned. Javon Walker hasn't. Hopefully, he will.

No, you think not clubbin' it up, spraying and flaunting your wealth, and generally acting the fool isn't something he should have learned by now? Esp. with the recent and heavy league-wide crackdown on ANY off-field impropriety?

Then god help us all.

Not quite sure how in the hell you think the situation is all that removed from the Darent Williams tragedy. He should have learned something. Apparently he didn't.

Hell, look at Ray Lewis. Been a MODEL citizen and upstanding member of the NFL community ever since his issues back in the late 90s. He learned. Javon Walker hasn't. Hopefully, he will.

I didn't say Walker shouldn't have learned to be a better guy in his life just by getting older.

But should the lesson have been that if you go out to clubs you'll get your rear beat? I don't think so.

Should he get some negative attention? Yeah. Physical harm? No.

Archived