Philadelphia Phillies

cappital92

I hear people talk about how they wish that someone would use the old Houston Oilers colors of baby blue and red. I also remember hearing BallWonk say how baby blue is the color of road Phillies fans. So, I put two and two together.

philphill.png

philphilhj.png

philphilaj.png

Only question is, alt or not?

The answer to that is... Yes...

But with a few tweaks. Foremost, I'm not sure what you did to warp the wordmark and names, and I'm sure it's meant to look cleaner since you're on Paint, but I would almost just leave them horizontal. Also get some neck/collar/down the middle piping on the homes. Finally, lighten the blue, ues the lower-case P, and try this on the new off-white color jersey, and you're golden. I think we have a winner.

As a Phils fan, I love the idea of the uniform. It retains a retro Phillies style, with an updated execution. However, I would like to see the primary logo in place of the numbers on all jerseys, and the away jersey wordmark to say "Philadelphia."

Union.png

As a Phillies fan I always wondered about the old P with the ball in it logo, and why it had the "stitches" on the hat, but not the jersey. As it turns out, and I'm not sure if they have changed the rule since those days, but it is (or was) actually not allowed to wear any logo or wordmark that incorporated the image of a baseball on it on the jersey itself. Somebody may be able to correct me here, I wouldn't be surprised if they have in fact change the rule at this point.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

Just a few thoughts:

- I like the thought of bringing back the ball lines to the P. The execution could use some work, but I like the thought.

- Philadelphia is a bit long for a jersey. Try the "P" for both.

- No more pinstripes. I like it. I'm not a fan of 'em on the Phightins'.

- I'm not digging the colors...at all. First, the powder blue was a uniform-only type of thing for the Phils. They were cranberry and white. I actually preferred the gray roads during the era. Second, regarding the colors, you've got two very bright light colors. THe cranberry would work with the light blue, because one is dark, one is light. It's a good contrast. I'd honestly lose the baby blue, switch to a dark royal blue for the primary color, and use red for trim. But that's just me.

I'm sorry. I want to like it, but I don't. I don't mind the colors so much, but the Philadelphia word mark doesn't do it for me. The logo should just include the liberty bell, but that's it. I give you credit for trying something new, just isn't my cup of tea.

Archived