OPTIMUS THREAD: APPRENTICE

GFB

^^^

i think you nailed it there, and i was going to say something about the different blues in the logo and t-shirt in the previous templates- you fixed that here.

EDIT: actually, on second thought, we might want to make the numbers one-color. if i remember correctly, each side of the shirt is charged separately then added together for a total price. 2 colors on the front and 2 colors on the back is more expensive than 2 colors on front and 1 on the back...thus, it would be a more fiscally sound design for him to get printed- something certainly worth keeping in mind as we look over the overall design.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would any blue be printed at all, or would it just be red and white? You've brought up a good point, because we may need to match the blue in our scheme to the blue of the t-shirt that gets used.

blue would not be printed...that is why he is going with a blue shirt, to eliminate the costs of printing an extra color. basically, the screenprinter would only print out the white and red areas. we definitely need to make sure the blue of the shirt matches the blue in our designs.

Well my point was that if that is the case, it doesn't really matter about the exact values of our blue, as it wouldn't be printed anyway. It's all down to what colour of t-shirt is chosen.

Or am I missing something? :huh:

no, but as far as our design goes...it is important to show that we understand this and not allow two different blues to appear on the design or t-shirt. or it is possible we could take this a step further and find out what the t-shirt standard "royal blue" is and get close as possible- but we are closing in on the deadline so that may not be necessary.

I think we're best sticking with what we've got, that would be too many factors to consider if we start trying to second guess whoever will manufacture the t-shirt. I would imagine that whichever design wins, they'll try and choose a t-shirt that matches said design as closely as possible.

Good morning, anyone who may be online!

I'd like to thank William for spending his morning correcting the logos. The bolder wordmark with the simpler dome will look better on a jersey, I'm sure. Also, my thought with the numbers was that they would have some curved points to complement the wordmark (to match the curve on the dome), but it seems that the custom numbers look more than adequate on the shirt. The serifs, especially, are an improvement.

To answer Cola about the blue, my thought was that we would put together the package of what we have right now with the blue we have been using, but after the round, should we win, we would compile the files with negative space instead of blue. In other words, this is still just a representation, but we will send our files where the only existing colors are red and white.

Now, to all of you hungry looking for your breakfast (or whatever meal is appropriate in England if William is still on), which secondary should we use? I've got the red and white with thin outlines, plus the three that William edited here. (For what it's worth, my vote is for the last of the new ones, red and white with the bold outline.)

This is essentially our final order of business, so I will close it down in 1 HOUR.

Thank you.

Shiny, I'm on here right up till the deadline. Once you know what way you're putting the presentation together, post a list of the files you need, what format and if raster, whether you want them on a transparent background.

Personally, I like the patch with the white bottom and blue bevel (no thin outline). And my meal will be one massive plate of everything, as I'm already too late for breakfast and lunch here. Is that leftover Chinese in the fridge...? :D

Forgot to say, I did try some curves on the custom numbers, but to be perfectly honest it's above my level of skill with typography at the minute. I didn't want to force it and end up with something more complicated but less effective.

To answer Cola about the blue, my thought was that we would put together the package of what we have right now with the blue we have been using, but after the round, should we win, we would compile the files with negative space instead of blue. In other words, this is still just a representation, but we will send our files where the only existing colors are red and white.

No, that is fine with me...I just don't think that we should have two different blues when we present...winner or not. We can keep the blue we have been using but by all means, please change the blue of the t-shirt to match it. I just would hate to present it showing the blue on the t-shirt different from the one on our design...it just looks lazy and sloppy. Like this:

TypeA.png

Those two different blues stick out like a sore thumb. Make the shirt the same color as the blue in the logo.

As far as the secondary, I like the one all the way to the left- blue bottom, beveled, no outline...only, can the lower part of the dome be eliminated like it has been in the 2 to the right of it? Like...make that area blue as well?

I definitely, definitely vote for the one on the left. But I agree with Cola that the second horizontal panel should be part of the blue section. And even if you wanted to make the blue section red, anything but white.

I still don't love the star logo but there is no SVG version of it to show you all what I mean so I guess we'll have to go with what we have since we have about 45 minutes left.

And yes to red with white numbers.

Archived