OPTIMUS THREAD: APPRENTICE

GFB

I'm not really sure what you mean about the patch, can you post an example? As for the numbers, they're easy enough to edit once theres a consensus, I personally like the red with white outline.

the outline will just be more cost to him though- extra color...that is why i said that.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, that is fine with me...I just don't think that we should have two different blues when we present...winner or not. We can keep the blue we have been using but by all means, please change the blue of the t-shirt to match it. I just would hate to present it showing the blue on the t-shirt different from the one on our design...it just looks lazy and sloppy.

That was just a mock-up. I don't do my best computing on no rest. Have some faith. :P

what if we extended the red and white from the top 3 spurs to the bottom 2 as well...instead of the blue

I tried it, but then it looks like that's all there is to the building. At least with blue there might be an impression that there's more to it.

We're live in one minute. I have to say, great work team. I know I'm proud of this one.

Good work everbody...sorry I couldn't be more a part of crunch time. I woke up at 7 today to go work out...got home at 10:45 and instantly jumped on here. Just to let everyone know- Monday through Thursday mornings aren't gonna be a good time to count on me. I really liked the way this came out...now hopefully we get to wear our creation!!!!

brewerssig.jpg

Good work everbody...sorry I couldn't be more a part of crunch time. I woke up at 7 today to go work out...got home at 10:45 and instantly jumped on here. Just to let everyone know- Monday through Thursday mornings aren't gonna be a good time to count on me. I really liked the way this came out...now hopefully we get to wear our creation!!!!

Completely acceptable. I'm surprised at the number of people who have been available since 2:00 in the morning my time until now.

And I agree, wearing our creation will be the biggest thrill of the whole contest.

i like the t shirt pics that are already up, it looks very good!

as for the star logo with the blue bottum, i dont think it works, because where u guys made it blue is like the bottum of the building! i just dont think the board will like it, plus the one with a soloid color seems to flow better imo.

as already said, great work guys...i think it came out very well and hopefully very close to what Mac was wanting to see represent this team. the colors are classic and work well for this team name and the symbols used are also timeless- fitting all very well together. my only gripe would probably be the outline on the numbers because it could possibly double costs depending on the printer, but hopefully they will be aware of the fact that this could easily be changed if necessary.

go Optimus! i hope i get to wear one of these shirts!

I'd just like to second everything that's already been said. Great work everyone, especially Shiny who really got the team working together in the right direction. I think we made a big improvement from Challenge 1, imagine how well we'll work together after a few more challenges. Everyone stepped up their contributions, and this time it really did feel like we were a team.

Great, fantastic work!

OK, team, we're not out of the woods yet.

Apprentice Participants:

Please be advised that in order to get your shirts to you (whichever group is chosen by the panel), I'll need to get all files from your team in Adobe Illustrator 9.0-compatible format (.AI or .EPS). Consequently, if you would, please turn in whatever 'materials' you may have (including 'rejected' or 'preliminary' versions of your designs) to your Task Manager. I'll also need you to PM me with your mailing address (well, if you're from the winning side, that is) so that when they're done, I can get them out to you.

Among the things I'm considering (but unsure if we'll actually do - it depends on a few factors on our end) is put a section of our web site together giving a little article on how the Senators' look came to be. Consequently I'd like to have access to everything I can so as to show the evolution of the chosen design.

Thanks!

It's being closely contested in the final legs, and I'm sure that as soon as this thing is over, Mac will want to run out and get the shirts printed.

So to anyone who can write .ai and .eps formats, I'll need your help in putting everything together. Any logo that you may have been working on, try to get it in.

Please e-mail all .ai and .eps files to me, Shinyhubcaps@yahoo.com , so I can prepare them to be sent to the client.

Required logos would be everything in our final package, maybe some of the previous versions of the star (such as the last three that William posted), and also this logo, which Mac stated in the main thread that he would have preferred.

I think William and ColaCock are the only ones with Illustrator, and I know William had a lot of the files because he was working with them up until the deadline, so I would particularly ask that you guys could prepare the vector, Illustrator-ready files when you have the time and send them to Shinyhubcaps@yahoo.com so I can put them all together and e-mail them to Mac.

As mentioned in the above quote, I will also be accepting any materials that we did not use ("rejected" or "preliminary" as per the client's request). So if you're unsure of whether or not you should submit an element, do so anyway.

Thank you.

I would help out with any vector related issues...but since I was missing for a good part of the contest, I don't have many of the original files. If there is something that NEEDS to be vectored that wasn't, if you e-mail it to me I'd be glad to vector it.

William, my AI 9.0 isn't letting me open the finished files for some reason: all I'm getting is an error message about each file containing ".PDF objects that have been reinterpreted."

Any chance you could PM me? I can send you an e-mail address to where you could send the files directly, without .ZIPping (though I don't suspect that's the problem ultimately)

nav-logo.png

William, my AI 9.0 isn't letting me open the finished files for some reason: all I'm getting is an error message about each file containing ".PDF objects that have been reinterpreted."

Any chance you could PM me? I can send you an e-mail address to where you could send the files directly, without .ZIPping (though I don't suspect that's the problem ultimately)

I think the problem is that I've checked the "create PDF compatible file" box when saving. Here's a version of the wordmark saved in Illustrator 9 legacy format, and with the font converted to outline (which I should have done in the first place anyway). I don't have the time to do all the files now, hopefully I can do it tomorrow morning, but get back to me if this works.

Wordmark

Archived