California Golden Bears

kewp80

So I was looking around the site looking for a new project for my bored self and came across the California Golden Bears. I figured it was about time they scrapped their old bear logo and come up with a more intimidating one for the school's rising athletic program.

Went with a new bear head logo. Similar to many other schools' logos, but so is pretty much every other bear logo (it seems like). Sort of experimented on the Cal logo, giving it some highlights, let me know how you like that. Not too sure of it myself, but I thought it might work.

Also came up with some new football uniforms, since I rather not like their new ones their actually getting. Based on their former design, but with a little modern flair. I may do some other sports, so if you wanna see any just let me know.

This is the part where you look at the stuff below and let me know what you think ;)

cal_sheetcopy.png

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

this is a great take on what should have been done. A nice upgrade over the last set, which was really identifiable with Cal. The current looks like a disaster.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I agree. I think it looks great. I love the wordmark and uniforms. Nice arching! :D But is the helmet a different shade of blue from the uniforms?

The only drawback is the bear. Kind of looks like he is a fatass with a double chin, no offense. I think you should eliminate the lower blue horn-shadow things, and take the top (or even bottom) curves of those, extend them to the sides, and have that be the bottom of the head. If that makes sense.

Has anyone ever given you feedback on your Ti-Pi logo?

Maybe it's just cos' I'm an ol' dirty man, but I see THINGS in there...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The helmet is a different shade. I don't have a real good helmet template for Inkscape right now so I took the one off of the helmet project, that's the reason the the different shades of blue. I'll try your ideas on the bear head, thing is though, bears are fat asses :D

Frenchie, if I'm seeing what I think your seeing then I have not noticed that at all. Hope that makes sense ^_^

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The helmet is a different shade. I don't have a real good helmet template for Inkscape right now so I took the one off of the helmet project, that's the reason the the different shades of blue. I'll try your ideas on the bear head, thing is though, bears are fat asses :D

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=55587

;)

the uniform design is very similar to the ones they wore for the past few seasons. Get rid of the old nike swoop stripes, and go with some classic sleeve stripes. I like the lighter blue tho, just match the helmet.

temp.png

personally i think it would work better with some less block style numbers. something that "flows" alot better with the Cal script. and extend the piping down to the very bottom of the pants(like the new Vikings pants) to match the piping on the jersey. Darken the Blue and gold to match the hemet and you got a winner.

its great now but thats just the changes that came to mind for me when looking at it.

i'm really feeling the wordmark and the accents on the secondary "Cal" mark- they are a nice touch without overdoing it. the bear looks strange and the uniforms just don't do it for me...i have always thought that they could get away with something a lot more simpler at Cal.

Archived