Which team will be the next to move?

Viper

This list is incomplete without the Rams.

True enough - they're at the top of my list.

Number two is then the Jacksonville Jaguars, which would move to St. Louis.

Now why would a team leave a troubled market for another troubled market? I don't think you thought this through.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Imma just put it out there: I personally don't see the Jacksonville Jaguars moving anytime soon. I hope they don't move anywhere.

Quite honestly, in my opinion, if the whole stadium issue (or the lack of funding for renovations or a completely new one) is really a major driving force behind these recent relocations, then I think I might want to prep myself to start hearing the words "Los Angeles" and "Vikings" in the same sentence in my near future.

A lot of people think they know, but they don't. They can't even tell us the Jags owner's name, yet they know what he is thinking. Just like anywhere else, unless you live in the area you really have no clue. It's funny to hear a beat writer in Charlotte talk about the "troubled" Jags without speaking one word to Wayne Weaver. Every game will sell out this year and we still have one of the best stadiums in the league. Weaver has roots here and he likes being the only game in town.

Imma just put it out there: I personally don't see the Jacksonville Jaguars moving anytime soon. I hope they don't move anywhere.

Quite honestly, in my opinion, if the whole stadium issue (or the lack of funding for renovations or a completely new one) is really a major driving force behind these recent relocations, then I think I might want to prep myself to start hearing the words "Los Angeles" and "Vikings" in the same sentence in my near future.

A lot of people think they know, but they don't. They can't even tell us the Jags owner's name, yet they know what he is thinking. Just like anywhere else, unless you live in the area you really have no clue. It's funny to hear a beat writer in Charlotte talk about the "troubled" Jags without speaking one word to Wayne Weaver. Every game will sell out this year and we still have one of the best stadiums in the league. Weaver has roots here and he likes being the only game in town.

Here's something very funny that I keep finding out about in regards to both Jacksonville and the Jaguars: I think Troy Edwards, Carnell Lake, and Chris Fuamatu-Ma'Afala were onto something when they all left Pgh to play down in the Duval. I've both seen AND been told that many former 'Burghers are now residing down in the Duval area, and while some remain die-dards of the black and (athletic) gold, some have--gasp--actually crossed the line and become Jaguar converts.

I also think it to be both strange and quite interesting that Jack Del Rio, whether planned or not, decided to build that team up in image of the Steelers of lore: hard-hitting, power-running, bust-a-muthaf***a-in-the-mouth-type football...a fair-weather southern-based team that plays the game of cold-weather, more northern-based team.

Is one related to the other? Can't say for sure. But I do know that Steelers-Jags has recently overtaken by Bucs and the Saints as my favorite rivalry to tune into. Flat out--don't neither one of them teams like each other, and it shows when they play each other. And trust me--the fan excitement is DEFINITELY there. (I can attest to that firsthand: I recall a HEALTHY amount of Jaguars fans at that wild-card playoff game back in January. The funny thing? SEVERAL OF THEM WERE NATIVE 'BURGHERS.)

What I'm getting at with all this is that the Jaguar fanbase is DEFINITELY growing, and as I_S pointed out, it's showing up at the turnstiles, as well. True, Jack-Mu may not play to a crowd as big as, say, the Deadskins, but give it some more time. The roots have long since grown, and I think now we're starting to see many more "trees", if you will, grow up in the Jaguars' forest, so to speak. Plus--the team has only been playing for fourteen years, and those who started watching the Jags when they wre little have all grown up since then, and soon we'll see another generation of Jaguar diehards being raised up. I'm sure Mr. Weaver is loving that.

So no--I don't see the Jags going anywhere. And that's just my two cents on the matter.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Now why would a team leave a troubled market for another troubled market? I don't think you thought this through.

I didn't say it would be a smart decision, did I? :P

Only that when the Rams leave St. Louis, it'll be very tempting for teams to think that it's a good market bungled by the Rams. And the Jags, you have to admit, have not seen anywhere near the year-in, year-out attendance they anticipated.

I'd also suspect that moving from a struggling market of 1.4 million to one of 2.8 million might be very attractive. Especially, as I said, if they already think that the Rams bungled it.

So yes, I have thought this through. :D

Here's something very funny that I keep finding out about in regards to both Jacksonville and the Jaguars: I think Troy Edwards, Carnell Lake, and Chris Fuamatu-Ma'Afala were onto something when they all left Pgh to play down in the Duval. I've both seen AND been told that many former 'Burghers are now residing down in the Duval area, and while some remain die-dards of the black and (athletic) gold, some have--gasp--actually crossed the line and become Jaguar converts.

I also think it to be both strange and quite interesting that Jack Del Rio, whether planned or not, decided to build that team up in image of the Steelers of lore: hard-hitting, power-running, bust-a-muthaf***a-in-the-mouth-type football...a fair-weather southern-based team that plays the game of cold-weather, more northern-based team.

Is one related to the other? Can't say for sure. But I do know that Steelers-Jags has recently overtaken by Bucs and the Saints as my favorite rivalry to tune into. Flat out--don't neither one of them teams like each other, and it shows when they play each other. And trust me--the fan excitement is DEFINITELY there. (I can attest to that firsthand: I recall a HEALTHY amount of Jaguars fans at that wild-card playoff game back in January. The funny thing? SEVERAL OF THEM WERE NATIVE 'BURGHERS.)

What I'm getting at with all this is that the Jaguar fanbase is DEFINITELY growing, and as I_S pointed out, it's showing up at the turnstiles, as well. True, Jack-Mu may not play to a crowd as big as, say, the Deadskins, but give it some more time. The roots have long since grown, and I think now we're starting to see many more "trees", if you will, grow up in the Jaguars' forest, so to speak. Plus--the team has only been playing for fourteen years, and those who started watching the Jags when they wre little have all grown up since then, and soon we'll see another generation of Jaguar diehards being raised up. I'm sure Mr. Weaver is loving that.

So no--I don't see the Jags going anywhere. And that's just my two cents on the matter.

Brandon, I couldn't have said it better myself, well said. These are all points I have been bringing up myself for months on these boards. Just like I said earlier in this post.

"Now people who were young when this team was born are getting to the age where their careers are taking off and can afford season tickets. The most hard core Jaguar fans in the area are my age, 25-30. We are in the middle of a record off season for season ticket renewal."

I also love the you brought up tranplanters from Pitt adopting this team. Yesterday I was at a buddy's house and he is from Pitt. He brought that up how the Jags are just like the Steelers. He plans on taking his family to some games this year. He said even though Steelers are #1 in his heart he has fell in love with this team. His two boys have two types of NFL shirts. Steelers everywhere but some Jags apparel as well. When the seeds were put in place it sprouted but took decided to stop growing for a bit. The plant was in shock. Now, with the help of young adults who never had a favorite team growing up outside the Jags, the plant is starting to thrive. Thirty years from now Jaguar fan base will be mentioned in the same breath as other mega fan bases.

I didn't say it would be a smart decision, did I? :P

Only that when the Rams leave St. Louis, it'll be very tempting for teams to think that it's a good market bungled by the Rams. And the Jags, you have to admit, have not seen anywhere near the year-in, year-out attendance they anticipated.

I'd also suspect that moving from a struggling market of 1.4 million to one of 2.8 million might be very attractive. Especially, as I said, if they already think that the Rams bungled it.

So yes, I have thought this through. :D

I see your POV but think of it this way. Like the ESPN article stated, The Jags are in a record breaking off season when it comes to season ticket renewal. That says something seeing how in the Jags first four or five years they sold out every game. I am sure Weaver new coming to town that Jags fan base would be a project. A lot of people here had Dolphin loyalty. Before the Jags, TV ratings for the Dolphins locally were almost the same numbers as S. Florida's. Like I said, people like me, who were in 8th grade during their first year, Is now old enough to get season tickets for not just themselves but their new family. The early success of the Jaguars helped out the season ticket boom of today. When you are young and your new local team is playing in their second AFC title game you cant help to be a young fan. Take in count the roots factor. Even the Packers went through tough times. Being the only game in town in a small city where the franchise you own is in the sport that is the market's favorite sport. That is a great opportunity. Wayne Weaver is a very successful business man. He went from nothing to a multi millionaire. He knows how to run a business and to make a good business plan. I am sure he saw the lean years coming at one point. He also knows that Jacksonville is one of the fastest growing markets in the nation. I am sure he had very little surprises in his tenure in Jax. Ten years from now if things still are rocky then the Jags will leave town. Thirteen years is not enough to fairly judge when you are in a market where you know you have to let generations of fans grow with Jaguar roots. That is the mentality you have to take when you buy a team in the second smallest market in the NFL. Expectations would be different if you buy a team in one of the top markets. This is something Weaver has publicly expressed.

No real Yinzer(aka someone from Pittsburgh) would root for a team that isn't the Steelers no matter where they live, if they do they loose their right to eat a fish sandwich, drink Stoney's, Straub or Iron City Beer and are refused entry to any Donnie Iris concert.

No real Yinzer(aka someone from Pittsburgh) would root for a team that isn't the Steelers no matter where they live, if they do they loose their right to eat a fish sandwich, drink Stoney's, Straub or Iron City Beer and are refused entry to any Donnie Iris concert.

Tell me if you feel this way when the Rooney's sell the franchise to this guy from NYC and he decides to consider relocation options once the lease at Heinz runs out...

nav-logo.png

Tell me if you feel this way when the Rooney's sell the franchise to this guy from NYC and he decides to consider relocation options once the lease at Heinz runs out...

And in case anyone's wondering what Lieutenant Mac's referring to here--well, at least the potential sell of the team--here is your answer.

And oh by the way--all yinzers are 'Burgherboys. Not all 'Burgherboys are yinzers. Follow me? ^_^

(I really can't believe I just typed that.)

Here's to the Black and TEAL for '08! (And my Bucs, too. But they ain't germane to this here topic.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ummm Los Angeles will still be trying to figure out where to build and how to finance a new football stadium in 2035 when the Steelers lease runs out at Heinz Field.

What scares me about this Druckenmiller guy is that he is a super fan who fly's in for every game, sit's in the stands and PAINTS HIS FACE BLACK AND GOLD, I just see him as a Dan Snyder type owner.

Archived