ILLINOIS FIGHTING LINCOLNS

logoman

Some of you may have seen a variation of this in the request thread. A semi pro football team in Kentucky is changing their name and Fighting Lincolns was one of the possible choices. Well the team didn't like the name, so they will be using something else. Anyway, I reworked my concept and adapted it for baseball. Again, this is just playing around with a prior concept, but I liked my Lincoln so here you go.I added uniforms and went the old school route. I really like the Portland Beavers new unis, so I used that idea for these.

New Logo Below!

ILLFIGHTINGLINCOLNS.png

IFLUNIFORMS.png

LOL at the "love-hate tattoo" effect thing with his fists.

Since this a fun-spirited concept, why not have him wearing silver four-fingered rings that have the letters on them? Right now (especially on his right fist) it kind of clashes with the stitches of the ball.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

When I heard the name I was thinking something more along the lines of a Lincoln-esq figure wearing a stove pipe hat batting. You may have some history buffs who would take offense to the protrayal of Lincoln in your logo. But I do like the colors that you used.

When I heard the name I was thinking something more along the lines of a Lincoln-esq figure wearing a stove pipe hat batting. You may have some history buffs who would take offense to the protrayal of Lincoln in your logo. But I do like the colors that you used.

Yeah, I should have warned you about that. I added the disclaimer in the request thread but forgot to mention it here. It is all in fun, so no offense is intended.

It's so absurd I guess i assumed it would be taken light- hearted. I had "kiss this" tattoed on his hands on the football version.

I was expecting a Fighting Irish logo with a big top hat on rather than the Irish-esq hat on the Notre Dame logo. But I like this, I would like to see the iconic and infamous top hat but this works just as well.

I left his hat off because #1 It was knocked off in the brawl or, #2 he was smart enough to take it off before the fight. I imagine it would prevent him from being an effective pugilist.I do like the suggestion of an old time baseball jersey, though. I'll work on that revision.

You may have some history buffs who would take offense to the protrayal of Lincoln in your logo.

As someone interested in sports logos, I love this idea and result. Kudos to you and your design.

As a historian, it is just fine.

FsQiF2W.png

Now that made it even better! Although unis of that era rarely had lettering on them OR had just a letter over the heart.

But I'm nitpicking now.

If I were capable of this level of work (and I'm not), I'd put Illinois and Fightin' in the area that Fighting is now Illinois above Fightin'. I might possibly try to put an old style low crowned/short billed cap on him with an I on it using the font you're presently using on the jersey. I'd have nothing on the jersey, myself.

But, as I said, I love it already.

201222154_0f633bbfdb_o.png

I tried the "I" on the jersey over the heart but it looked too out of place. I wanted Illinois to be represented, so I took it off his knuckles and added it to the jersey. Even though it's not historically accurate it does give the team their road uniforms.

The ILLINOIS looks odd superimposed over top of the laces of the jersey. It doesn't look like it's supposed to be a jersey scrip (because it is over the laces) but it also doesn't look like it's supposed to be part of the main lettering of the logo. It's just kind of there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The ILLINOIS looks odd superimposed over top of the laces of the jersey. It doesn't look like it's supposed to be a jersey scrip (because it is over the laces) but it also doesn't look like it's supposed to be part of the main lettering of the logo. It's just kind of there.

This is a problem. It looks like it's just stuck on there. So I modified the jersey - not historically accurate, now - but it looks like a baseball jersey. And again, it serves as the team's actual road jersey. And I did go crazy with the watermark again

IFLREV.png

Archived