NHL Redesign

jake22

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent much longer on this than I planned to. Once I got into it I realized the history behind the Rangers look and loved how the logo worked in the colors that penguin20 chose(nice choice). I reworked the entire identity, making their alternate logo into the primary, and changing up the typeface that is used throughout the identity, including the jerseys. I know a lot of people shoot for their work, especially uniform designs, to look modern and classic, and that is exactly what I was going for with their reworked look. I wish I had tried to rework this team before this because I had so many ideas for what they should look like. Anyway, here they are. Enjoy.

NYRangers.png

Next teams: Phoenix Coyotes or Anaheim Ducks

Next colors: Minnesota Wild Green, Atlanta Thrashers Gold, and White........(please note:I didn't include black)

I spent much longer on this than I planned to. Once I got into it I realized the history behind the Rangers look and loved how the logo worked in the colors that penguin20 chose(nice choice). I reworked the entire identity, making their alternate logo into the primary, and changing up the typeface that is used throughout the identity, including the jerseys. I know a lot of people shoot for their work, especially uniform designs, to look modern and classic, and that is exactly what I was going for with their reworked look. I wish I had tried to rework this team before this because I had so many ideas for what they should look like. Anyway, here they are. Enjoy.

NYRangers.png

Next colors: Minnesota Wild Green, Atlanta Thrashers Gold, and White........(please note:I didn't include black)

That's very nice as well, I prefer this to the current Rangers set actually.

espnsignq8.png

NYRangers.png

Best one of the redesigns to date.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I am agreeing with all here that the Rangers looks great. I chose that team because I wanted to see what someone could do with such an iconic logo/uniform. I am not sold yet on the type face you chose, but it is growing on me. I have always liked the Statue of Liberty logo and you worked in nicely. Well done!

The colors you had to work with were, very fortunately for you, compatible. When I picked the Rangers, I made sure the colors were not very friendly for either team in order to see what someone could do. On a side note, Penguin20, why did you choose Phoenix brick red when one of the teams was Phoenix?

bloodshot.png

I am agreeing with all here that the Rangers looks great. I chose that team because I wanted to see what someone could do with such an iconic logo/uniform. I am not sold yet on the type face you chose, but it is growing on me. I have always liked the Statue of Liberty logo and you worked in nicely. Well done!

The colors you had to work with were, very fortunately for you, compatible. When I picked the Rangers, I made sure the colors were not very friendly for either team in order to see what someone could do. On a side note, Penguin20, why did you choose Phoenix brick red when one of the teams was Phoenix?

I thought that those colours were colours that could have worked for both teams, I actually picked the colour before I had decided on my second team, it just happened to be the Coyotes.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

burgess, I hope there is no hold up over the colors. I'd say just use them if you want, though you already have 3 colors to work with, so you should be fine either way. Let's keep this thing rolling!

Archived