Mighty Docs

Stampman

So does this mean that every hockey team that uses the likeness of an NHL logo is gonna be sued? The uniform makers and logo designers get ready, we can see a whole new look for thousands of teams soon!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Generally speaking, if you're going to use the logo of a team, it's a good idea to ask their permission. A few teams in the local hockey league I play in have written teams (Philly Phantoms, Wild, and a couple others), and have gotten their permission without issue. Most reputable jersey places won't reproduce pro logos without written permission.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Let's keep in mind that the Ducks are a Disney property, and Disney is notoriously protective of their copyrights. It may not be the NHL that's doing this, but the Evil Eisner itself.

Hell, they wen t after a day care in Winnipeg for using unlicensed pictures of the big 3 (Mickey, Donald, Goofy) on their walls. And that's just wrong.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Things like this and that Day Care incident you mentoned is why Disney is hated.

Its not like these Doctors who play in a league of their own are going to make money off this, or the Day Cear center, but Disney is so greedy they goit to sue or stop them from using it.

Im not aginst cooperations wanting to make money but sometimes they should just chill out and let people have fun on their own if it does not hurt them they should not bother with it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I read this article in the paper yesterday...it looks like Disney does not want using the name or the logo. SO they are retiring the Jersey. :cursing: What harm are they doing?

My guess is that Di$ney doesn't want any of its properties or copyrights being used in a way that may be harmful or detrimental to the company.

'Cuz that's Eisner's job!

Stop Eisner Now!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Give me a break, Disney is no different than Microsoft or any other big corporation. When they get that big things like this tend to happen. It's Disney's property and if they want it a certain way then the rest of us have to respect that. There's NOTHING wrong with Eisner!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

No Eisner is scum through and through and very soon he will be unemployed the Disney Board is just about fed up with him if you been reading the news lately, and some wnat him to resign.

Of the most outspoken against Esiner is Walt's son Roy Disney.

Its just amatter of time losing the Pixar contract has Esiner on shaky ground.

Weather it be a hostile take over backed by Comcast or teh investors turning agisnt Eisner he will soon be replaced.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I used to paint murals in my dormitory for a summer job. Good gig if you can get it. I wasn't as into my own original work as I am now, and wanted to paint a Lion King mural in one of halls.

I wrote Disney and they squashed it uber-fast. I should've just done it and not asked. There has been a Fantasia one in our dorms for 15 years. They said they can't give the impression of affiliation where none exists. I get that I suppose. I understand why they couldn't give me the nod. Copyrights were invented to protect your intellectual property. And although the most common misuse of this may be people bootlegging your ideas for profit, there is also the lesser concern of slowly diminishing your work over time by not adhering to the original high standards.

With that said, and all the might and right on Disney's side. They are still jerks about it. There is no need. Imitation still is the sincerest form of flattery and you can't spend 50 years ingraining yourself into the very fiber of our culture and then moan about the random day care or pick up team using what has essentially become Americana. Walt must be rolling in his freeze dried grave.

I also contacted Lucasfilm about doing a Return of the Jedi mural. Worse yet. They weren't even polite.

If I ever make it big. And not, AHL big. But really big. I want to be like Keith Haring who I believe made the use of all his work available to anyone provided profits went toward AIDS research. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken on that.

What a cool guy.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I'm sorry Tank but I fail to meet eye to eye with you. Every powerful man with every corporation has done good things and bad thing while they're in power. Michael Eisner has done a lot more for Disney than he has done bad. He alone has made Walt Disney World a success after all. Disney has had problems overseas but how can you really blame that.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Hey dont argue about his accomplishments with me, argue with those in his own company who want him out.

Maybe he has made Disney bundles of money but is he taking the company in the direction the board wants?

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

And which way does the board want the company to go?

I guess the only thing I have against Disney is how they bring movies out of the so-called "Disney Vault" and put them back in for years. It's pretty stupid how they'll release old classics for just a couple of years and then had them for 10-15.

Retired Number's To Come

Oh yes the Disney Vault that alwyas makes me laugh.

Im not sure what the boards probem is with Eisner I think the move to want to oust him comes from losing their partnership with Pixar.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Excuse me for defending Eisner here. I fail to see here what he's done that's so bad to Disney when he's do so much for this corporation.

Why did they break the contract with Pixar? I know they still have two more movies under contract with Disney but I still don't get why this great partnership was broken.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived